You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Home, Welcoming Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

New Home, Welcoming Happenings

 

Recently within the last month I have moved into a new home. Its an older home and quite large for our family of six. The first initial look I had a great feeling about it, very welcoming, warm, and the lived in feeling (which I love).

I am a stay at home mom and housewife, so I am home just about all day, unless I'm running errands etc. I am familiar with the home now and am noticing a lot of peculiar happenings.

During the first week, our deadbolt on the front door was working perfectly. This was on the weekend when this occurd, and my four children were home. Normal cool day, outside was perfect. My children have a habit of running in and out of the home while playing outside, making excuses just to run around. After repeating myself, "stop running in and out," my daughter comes back in and closes the front door. She retrieves her toy and gets to the front door to open it and its locked. She tries to unlock it and the deadbolt won't budge. Now this deadbolt is fairly new, and when we replaced it, it was working perfectly.

I get up, seeing she needs help and try to unlock the deadbolt. It literally won't turn. I try a few more times and I say out loud, "Please let my daughter out," and I turn the lock, sure enough it unlocks. And out she goes. Note my kids have been around this stuff their entire lives, its not unusual for them, and they tend to do similar things.

The next evening, my husband was headed out, and couldn't get the deadbolt to turn. I sat on the couch, repeated what I said the day before and it just turned by itself with the click sound and all. My husband turned to me, and said "We have another house like this?" I said, "Yeah, but its not scary, its very welcoming." And off he goes.

The living room stays at a steady temperature of 65° even with our heat on, and just this morning I went to the bathroom at 5:15-ish, washed my hands, and headed for the kitchen to start brewing my morning cup of coffee. No sooner than I reached the living room the faucet starts blasting water into the bathroom sink. I turned around in shock, walked into the bathroom and turned it off. I said, "Good morning to you, too."

This past Thursday, I was sitting in the living room meditating. All was quiet, no tv, nothing was on. I feel this cool breeze, and something moving my hair off of my forehead. Then I hear a light but deep whisper in my right ear saying my name. It repeated this until I said outloud, "Ok, I know your here, I hear you." Then the cool breeze faded, and whispering stopped.

The kids, my husband and I love this home. I won't tell him about the happenings, because he will freak out, but my kids get excited about these types of things. I read them stories from here, and they watch and read everything that pertaines to spirits, ghosts etc.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
griff84, It could be a motherly figure, and when it happened to myhusband it did seem be more of a prank like gesture. Because it happens all the time now. It will literally wait until I go up to the door, and unlock. And I'm not sure, exactly how old the house is, but I do remember the landlord telling me, its between 80- 90 years, give or take a few years.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
Hi spiritwaiting, To me, when the dead bolt wouldn't unlock for your daughter to go back outside again, its almost like this spirit was listening to you and helping. Perhaps when the same happened to your husband, it was just a prank, or maybe this spirit still paying attention to your previous request to your kids.

How old is the house? It mite sound silly, but it seems like it looks at you like a mother figure, or even a servant does a master?

Thanks for your post 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Hey fergie, Its been a while since I have heard from you. And I definitely agree a mischievious one is around. I feel very lucky to have such a home. Its very relaxing, and I will update on all happenings. 😊 ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Hi spiritwaiting, it seems you have got yourselves a mischievous spirit this time around, 😉, but one that has manners too. Possibly a teenage boy?

It is so cool to have a welcoming house/home. I wish you and your family an extremely happy sojourn there. Please let us know of any future pranks - I love it!

Thank you for sharing your 'entertaining' experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: