You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Telephone Line

Real Ghost Stories

Telephone Line

 

To all readers who are not familiar with my experiences, I live in a house occupied by 8 souls. Four of which are flesh and blood, ie my twin boys, my mother and myself. The other four are three loved ones who passed on and came back to serve as guardians to us: both my grandmothers and my very dear friend, Charlie; while the fourth is a little boy named Adam, who burned to death in the house and is subsequently bound to the ground.

My group of best friends are Jay, who is a sensitive but on a much higher level than me because he can perceive the spirits on most levels except full communication. Elaine who is like me, although a bit more open as my Gran (mom's mom) tends to communicate through her. And then there is Tim, who is Elaine's husband, and a full-on medium. The three of them are my "go-to" group whenever something spooky happens.

In 2012, before I had learnt about who was in my home, before I had met Elaine and Tim, I slept in the pink room in my house. On one night in particular, I was woken up in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of my phone ringing. In a sleepy daze I took the phone and answered it. But all I could hear on the other side was white noise. The sounds and scratches on the line almost scared the life out of me and I ended the call and struggled for quite a while to get back to sleep, I was too freaked out. The memory of that call still scares me, and I have taken to putting my cell on silent at night when I go to bed, too scared I'll get the same type of call.

Off and on this year, my younger sister has told me that she is getting weird calls as well. I never told anyone about the call that night, so it immediately peaked my attention when she told me this. Like in my case, her phone would ring and when she'd answer she would have the same white noise on the line. But she seemed calmer than I did, so either she is more adept to handling weird things (very doubtful as she is still freaked about sleeping with a light off in my house) or the experiences weren't as intense as what I experienced.

Then, around a month ago, so May 2014, my mom would start experiencing weird occurrences on the phone. My dad calls her religiously every night, and when she sits in the pink room in particular, mid way through the call there would be severe white noise interference. So much so that my dad would chalk it up to a bad connection and feel obliged to end the call. The first time my mom told me about this, she said it sounded like there were "gremlins" on the line. It has now escalated to not only when my dad calls but with any other call and everyone on the other side of the line can also hear the noise. All these calls happen on cell phones, just in case anyone is wondering.

My mom got very scared and I contacted Tim about this. He told me that this is a lady, seeming to be late 60's to early 70's, who is blood related to us, who is trying to get us to listen to her. He stipulated that she seems to have been very ill, possibly comatose when she passed as she was immensely frail and he said he saw her being in a lying down state. We racked our brains but could not think of anyone we knew fitting that description. However, he kept insisting that she is directly blood related and the fact that my mom's mom is so adamant to help her get through just solidifies the belief that she is indeed blood of my mother.

He said to me she started with me, but I did not want to listen, and she has moved on to my sister and now my mother. She said to me that she is so desperate to get our attention that she is bordering on aggression. Explaining that anyone could understand how frustrated you would be if you have been trying for over 2 years to get someone to listen to you and no one has. Tim told my mom that she needs to try and calm down. The next time she gets a call and this happens, she needs to listen, as the voice is there, she needs to be heard.

Then one Saturday morning my dad called and my mom came to me afterward. She was pale and she told me that it happened again. She listened and this time she could hear a woman ask twice, "Can you hear me?"

Tim told us that she was now slowly breaking through and that we just need to be patient. My mom was really freaked out, she gave me a phone and told me to go to the kitchen and call her. The first time I called, the phone didn't stop ringing on my side, but as I moved through the house I could hear her say, "Hallo? Hallo?" When I walked to her room and ended the call I asked her if she had answered and she said yes, but the phone never stopped ringing on my side. She told me to try again. This time, the call went through. About a minute in of just talking I started to hear scratches on the line, and then the call just cut out completely.

A few nights later I was lying in bed, just ready to fall asleep (still awake though) when someone whispered twice, directly into my ear, "Can you hear me now?" I opened my eyes and waited, but nothing else happened. When I told Tim about this he said that he could sense no fear from me whatsoever and I said no, I wasn't afraid. He had already told us that this lady meant us no harm. If she did, between Gran and Charlie, she would have been blocked from contact with us completely. But Gran was pushing to help this lady break through. Therefore, when I heard her voice, I waited. Though nothing happened.

A lovely lady from YGS gave me her take on this situation, and I was so astounded. I gave her the basic details of this experience. Not describing the lady or her ailments, also not giving any background on my mom. And yet she mentioned every single thing. Jacquie, I'd love it if you could give your take on this post? As I feel that, it should come from you, not from me trying to convey what you experienced.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi triden. I have read your story. Really freaking! As pebbles_keeper said did you ever replied yes you can hear her? Because in my opinion only you can help that lady as she is constantly trying to contact you! I expect hearing further from you about your story.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi Triden,

You are most welcome - what are friends for? 😊
At times it can be so easy to be duped, especially when we crave confirmation. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous folks take this chance to fill our heads with lies.

Be well, my young friend. I am sure you will find your answers in time, with the help of your trusted friends.
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi Triden07
Loved your story and am reading more of your posts.
I too am shocked to hear about Jaqcuie.
She had seemed credible to me with her posts and stories.
I am fairly new to YGS so I will maybe learn to be less credulous.
As to your own story. Telephones seem to be a medium for certain spirits. I have no answers why.
Have you affirmed to this lady that yes you can now hear her. Maybe that is all she needed.
Please keep us all posted. Especially if you get an identity for her.

Best wishes x

Thanks and best wishes x
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi miracles
Unforfunafely I did not see what went on Until now. I am shocked, I can't believe that anyone could be so blatantly dishonest. Ill stick to the people I can trust. Thanks for looking out for us

Fergid
My dear friend, thank you for the warning. 😁
Argette (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
How disappointing! I am so sorry that Triden07 and the rest of us are dealing with a fake in the form of Jacqui.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Triden - I noticed you have requested advice from one of our former members "Jacquie" who has just recently closed her account.

I don't know whether or not you have been paying attention to the comments on her story "Nashville House" but many of the details provided in that story were changed. She had submitted the story once; it was rejected. I won't go into detail. If you're curious, you can read the comments on that story.

But, of course, it is entirely up to you whether you want to seek advice from someone who doesn't exactly tell the truth in their own stor (ies).
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Hi triden, this is so fascinating; a real mystery. I hope you solve this one soon. The anticipation is excruciating!

Is this another spirit to join your growing band of protectors? Of course, you will keep us updated.

Thank you for sharing, and good luck.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Hi all!
Thanks so much for the positive comments. I'm very excited about having Jacquie share what she experienced. She has already started to build trust with all my ghosties, so much so that Adam has told her the horrific details of his death. Absolutely heart breaking.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
I've been coming to this page since yesterday and refreshing it frequently just so that I can update myself on the happenings. Lovely account. Please do keep us posted.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-16)
Just wanted to tell you I love all your stories. I think you are really brave woman and a great mother. Really glad that you managed to escaped from such a violent man. Love to hear more on this mysterious lady who tried to communicate with you.

Stay safe and positive,

Kay
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-15)
I too, would like to hear more. It isn't often that we get two standing members that can share an event. Looking forwards to hearing Jaquie's side. 😊
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-15)
I'm very interested in hearing the rest of this, Triden07 and Jacqui.

I have to admit, I was very confused at first by your situation, Triden07, but the fact that you always describe it in your first paragraph is very helpful. Jacqui has added much to YGS, so I'm really intrigued now!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: