You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Is It Poltergeist Activity?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Poltergeist Activity?

 

This is a story which I have been hearing from a very young age. It was experienced by my maternal uncle. First of all, he is a very bold person. When there was a rumour of ghost sightings around my house, he was awake all night to find out. He never believed in ghosts, until he had this particular experience.

He was working in a baniyan exports company in Tirupur, which happens to be my hometown. He used to work late nights. It is a two-storeyed building with company above and the godown with large bales of cotton stacked below. People working in the godown reported that at 11 at night, they heard sounds of stone falling. When my uncle and others went to investigate, they saw stones of golf ball size thrown across the room. They were coming from the area behind the high stacks of cotton. There were no windows or doors that side (only 1 door on the opposite end) through which the stones might have come.

They rushed to the place from where the stones fell to find nothing. When they returned to the other side, the activity started again. None could tell how the stones came in the closed place. It was his first personal experience... Nothing more happened there.

Then one day in our grandma's house, the vel (holy weapon) kept in the pooja room (it was mounted on a mixer jar) started moving by itself. It was as if someone was moving it like playing with a doll taking careful steps. It was not a slopy surface and it did not fall while walking.

Another experience was when my uncle was burning a metal plate. He threw it in fire and stepped back. Suddenly his hand caught fire. It was like something came out of the fire and grabbed his hand.

Whatever the thing behind these happenings, I seek to find a logical explanation. This is my second story and I personally appreciate varied comments.

Other hauntings by doe-eyedharu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, doe-eyedharu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
doe-eyedharu, I do not believe that these encounters are of poltergeist activity, poltergeist activity is normal in a home with teenagers going through puberty, though if the building has a lot of electrical conduits it could create enough of an electromagnetic field for a spirit to move objects, as for the vel moving by itself, was it owned by someone who has passed away because they may still be attached to it and just felt like moving it around (happens to me all the time with stuff in my home).

The occurrence with your uncles hand catching fire could be due to an ember flying out and onto his hand if he did in fact have any accelerates on his hand the ember would not light until it hits it.

Thank you for sharing your story it was a good read 😁

Whitewolf,
doe-eyedharu (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
Hello ladyglow... Yeah there might be some kerosene over his hand, which he used to burn. But I had the same question that time. But he told me that his hand caught fire after he stepped back and while he was watching the fire burn. 🤔
doe-eyedharu (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
No erizzy, he put the fire off at once. But the hairs in his hand were only burnt. 😲 😨
MelLundquist (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
This is typical poltergeist activityI think it is safe to say that it is poltergeist heres the definition I found:
A ghost or other supernatural being supposedly responsible for physical disturbances such as loud noises and objects thrown around.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
doe-eyedharu: I like the idea of your uncle wanting to see for himself when something paranormal is reported.
I have no idea what could had caused these events, though while reading the experience about the burning metal plate made me remember something similar that happened to my sister many years ago, she turned over a tortilla that was warming up on a "comal" (iron grill) and two of her fingernails caught on fire because the nail polish she had just applied was still fresh! 😆
Would it be possible that your uncle had some solvent on his hand?
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Doe-eyedharu: I hope your uncle is doing okay did your uncles hand get burned badly?

-ERizzy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: