You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: First Time Afraid

Real Ghost Stories

First Time Afraid

 

As I have said in my other stories, I have had experiences since I was younger. I have tried to block them out for a long time, but I have finally just accepted that they happen. However, none of my experiences have actually been truly negative until about a week ago.

I was lying in my bed trying to sleep. The house I was staying at was a parsonage by the church where my father preaches. It is in a heavily wooded area, but the only animals we typically see are deer, rabbits, and foxes. We do not stay there all the time, just when events are going out at the church.

There is a graveyard just past the house that is as old as the rural community that the church is in. I spend a lot of time out there reading and cleaning up the grave markers that sometimes have grass or leaves covering them. It is a very peaceful place. A lot of flowers grow there and there are always butterflies and humming birds flying around.

Anyway back to what I was saying, I was trying to sleep. It was fairly quiet. I could hear my dad snoring, but that was all.

I began to feel afraid. It was like something else was in my room with me that was not supposed to be. I felt a weight at the foot of my bed. I sat up slightly and saw a formless shadow. I could not tell what it was, and unlike the winged being I saw, this thing made me feel absolutely terrified. Suddenly, I could not see or breathe. I groped around for my lamp, praying that God would keep me safe from this thing. I finally got my lamp and turned it on. The bulb in it is not very strong, but it was enough so that I could see the shadow back off.

I couldn't see it very well anymore, but I knew it was still there. I could feel it was still there. I kept my light on for the rest of the night and finally fell asleep once the sun started to come up.

I just want to know what it was and why it held so much negativity. Like I have said, I have never dealt with anything like it before, and I haven't since, so far. I would really appreciate anything anyone might be able to say.

Other hauntings by hippiesiren

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiesiren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
Thank you all so much for your help. I have some questions however. What is this guide that swims mentions? How exactly does a protection bubble work? I don't have anyone to talk to about these things. My parents consider them evil and none of my friends believe.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-30)
Dear hippiesiren,
From what you've said, I gather that the cause of your fear came from the entity itself, and not just from you feeling that you weren't alone? Since this was a one time occurrence, I wouldn't worry much over it. But, I do understand and respect wanting to understand it, and perhaps be better prepared IF there's ever a next time. (Let's hope not.)
As Wish-not and Swims pointed out negative feeds off negative. I tend to think of this sort of entity as a bully. Bullies like to get their way by eliciting fear. Maybe this one was a bully in life, who knows. But, I do know when they can't get what they want, they tend to move off. Now, to say be brave, confront it, is pretty easy - to SAY, doing it while scared out of your gourd is another matter. I think protection in these situations, varies with the individual. You automatically, began praying to God, yes? There lies the key for you. Obviously you are one that takes comfort in prayer. You also said it backed away from the light. Perhaps invest in a strong beamed flashlight or a camping lantern, to be kept near your bed.
Personally, I don't believe one has to shout at a ghost to get them to go away. How does showing negativity, myself, diminish its negativity? You yell at me, and I just want to yell back. You push someone and they want to push back. That's just nature. Concentrate instead on things that make you feel good, and safe. Prayer does go along way, as does singing. As Swim says a 'protection bubble'/shield is a good thing too. The thing is to radiate as much positive energy as you can.
angelina11 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-30)
find the history of that house and pray to god while shouting to the ghost and looking fierce like " who are you? Please go away!". A ghost is scared of people that are more fierce then them.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
I appreciate what everyone has said so far. I'll try to keep it in mind if this happens again 😁
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
Hello hippiesiren! I think it was sleep paralysis. I had too faced that kind of experience before. It attacks when the person is in subconscious (or say in half awaken half sleepy mode).
Hope you are alright.

Be safe ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
My son and I have run accross this kind of thing once in a while. No matter what you do with the sage and the singing and all it stays negative right? I'd love to hear from some of the more knowledgeable people also. Never know what to do but what I personally did, was do the protective buble thing, and then as your doing a meditation anyway, visualize your guide, if you have a guide, and they help. Sometimes they have a song. If, in the back of your mind you hear this song, even if it sounds like nonsense, try singing it. It will be understood by everyone that's suposed to, and it really helps.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
hippiesiren- I understand completely what you felt. I as well experienced one of these entities. In my case I have come to the conclusion that it was a malevolent entity. It was up to nothing but meanness. They feed off our fear.

I realize it is hard not to show or feel fear when they show but that's really what one needs to do. If they are not getting what they desire hopefully they will move on.

Sadly with my experience I choose to move. I was inexperienced with this type of thing. So stay strong, do your best handling the fear and maybe it will move along.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: