You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Come Here, Ruby 2

Real Ghost Stories

Come Here, Ruby 2

 

This story is a continuation of my submission entitled "Come Here, Ruby" regarding my experience hearing a disembodied female voice in the upstairs hallway calling my dog, Ruby, in the middle of the night. Ruby heard it too and reacted by quickly raising her head and wagging her tail after being roused from a deep sleep. This is very unusual behavior for a dog who is normally extremely protective of our home and wary of strangers as Ruby is a rescue dog who was abused by her former owner. Her name is actually 'Riley' but I have nick named her 'Ruby'. Apparently, the female spirit in our home liked the nickname too!;)

Approximately 2 months ago, I found a picture frame for sale online which was identical to one I had previously owned and had accidentally broken when I moved into this house. I was elated to have located a replacement and I contacted the seller named Roxanne who offered to deliver the picture frame to my home as she was going to be in the area later that afternoon.

Upon her arrival, Roxanne looked at my house and exclaimed, "Oh my God! It's this house"! She hesitated then continued, "I have something to tell you about your house that you may or may not already know." I could see by the look on her face and the pain in her eyes that what she was about to tell me was not going to be a happy Disney story with a fairy tale ending, folks. Unfortunately, I was absolutely right.

As the story goes: Roxanne's father, Robert D., lived in this house with his girlfriend, Linda B. A few months prior, Robert and his first wife (Roxanne's mother) had separated due to irreconcilable differences. Apparently, Robert and Linda's relationship was also quite tumultuous at times.

On the afternoon of Feb 5th, 1984, Linda was out with her young daughter Chantale when Linda received a call from Robert. Robert was very distraught and he told Linda he would commit suicide if Linda didn't come home right away. Completely panic stricken, Linda hung up the phone and raced home as quickly as possible with her daughter Chantale. When Linda arrived here and parked her car in the lane way that day, little Chantale jumped out of her mother Linda's car and ran to the house first. When little Chantale opened the front door and stepped inside, she was absolutely horrified to discover Robert's life-less body hanging in the entrance of this house. Needless to say, Linda was totally devastated and naturally little Chantale suffered a terrible shock.

After recounting her horrific story, Roxanne asked me if she could visit my home and have a look around inside - if I didn't mind. I agreed and welcomed her into my home while I gave her a quick tour in hopes that she would perhaps have some sense of closure.

You see, Roxanne confided she was not able to attend her father's funeral service and that she was unsure where her father had actually been buried. The whole story was just so sad and I really wanted to help anyway that I could. So, the next day I started doing some research and I located Robert D's final resting place before I forwarded the information to Roxanne.

It never ceases to amaze me how small the world truly is. As it turns out, my maternal uncle Gerry is now engaged to Linda B's niece, Debby. According to Debby, many years later Linda B was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. As a result, Linda B went to stay with her sister Suzanne who is Debby's mother. Apparently Linda B was in so much pain during the last phase of her illness, Linda ultimately decided to take her own life by over-dosing on her medication to end her suffering. Debby's mother Suzanne was devastated when she discovered Linda's lifeless body in bed on the morning of March 2, 2006. So, now there two suicides connected to the former tenants of this house.

Since Roxanne visited my home that day, I have noticed a definite change in the atmosphere here. For lack of a better description, it's almost as though a dark cloud has been lifted from this place and bright light can now shine in. I sincerely hope that both Robert D and Linda B have finally found peace and that these two tortured souls have now moved into the light.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this house was built in 1870 and was occupied solely by French Canadian families, with one exception - Linda B's family who are of Irish descent and therefore speak English. As a result, I feel it was most likely Linda B who was calling Ruby in the middle of the night in perfectly clear Canadian English with absolutely no hint of a French accent: "Come Here, Ruby".

An interesting side note - apparently Linda B loved dogs, so she probably took a shine to our little rescue dog whom I have lovingly nicknamed "Ruby".:D

Thanks for reading!

GSD Lady

Other hauntings by GSDLady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GSDLady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Hi Miracles,

No, my daughter has never experienced anything paranormal in this house because she lives in another city where she is currently attending college. However, my daughter has had her own paranormal experiences in other locations as well - but that's another story.

GSD Lady
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Hi GSDLady,

What a sad but interesting account of the home's past. I would think it is Linda B calling to your dog, too. Apparently Ruby likes her, as well.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Sorry about transposing the letters in your name. I could blame it on my phone but that was all me lol
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
GDSLady - your daughter has never experienced anything either?
GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced anything strange in this house. I often wonder about that and I think it would be interesting to talk to a few of the former tenants or owners.

As to Robert D and Linda B - May they both finally rest in peace.

GSD Lady:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
GSDLady - has anyone other than you experienced anything in your home?
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Hello GSDLady,

How very sad and interesting. At the very least you got some answers as I am sure you may know many people do not. How awful it must have been for that young girl to discover the body! 😢

I hope the peace you feel in your home now continues and at the very least considering how the couple died it doesn't seem like they are malevolent or harboring anger in their spirits.

Thank you for the follow up!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: