You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: After My Grandfather's Passing

Real Ghost Stories

After My Grandfather's Passing

 

Due to many different things going on in my life, I haven't been able to submit many experiences, or even take time to read others.

These incidents took a period of over 3 days. My grandfather "Sonny" passed away this past July. His home is where a lot of my other published experiences happened. Over the course of 2 months, my sister and I would go out to his home in Moore, Oklahoma and cut the acre and a half. This past September my mother had to come down, to sort his belongings, bills, etc out.

The first day, my husband and I went out to help clean, sort, and paint came and almost went without incident. That is until I went to bed. Around 11:30 that evening, I finally was able to lay down. I had previously put the kids to bed, and my husband was fast asleep. I closed my eyes, and I instantly heard footsteps walking around my bed towards the end where my head lay. (my bed in the living room, due to moving and packing)

I paid no attention, I figured it was my oldest son waking up to check what time it was, as he does this often during the school week. I even heard my phone slide and then, I felt it. A fingernail dig into my forhead and scratch down towards my left eye. It started to burn, and I instantly sat up and looked around. No one in the living room except my husband and myself. I felt my forehead for bleeding and nothing.

It's then I realize I never heard any footsteps walk let alone run away from my bed or out of the living room. It being an almost empty house with wood floors, it tends to echo a bit. I get out of bed walk quietly towards my kids room,they're all still in their beds fast asleep.

I go into the bathroom, to check my forehead and I see a scratch underneath my skin, red and still burning.

Second incident, the next evening.

I decided I was going to clean out both bathrooms. Inside my grandfather's bathroom he has a stand in shower. I began to scrub and bleach. As I was scrubbing one of the walls, the glass piece that covers the lightbulb inside the shower turns and drops. It shatters all over the marble floor, right beside my feet. I sweep that up and begin to scrub the walls some more. When the lightbulb directly above my head pops and shatters all over my head. Thats when I said "Ok I'm done!" And leave the rest to my dad. My dad asked me,"Clumsy much today?" I told him "Honestly, I wasn't anywhere near that lightbulb." He checked and put another bulb in. He pushed the walls, scrubbed also without incident.

The next morning, my sister made her way out to the house. She and our mother had made plans the night before to have her come out and clean while she went to a doctors appointment. My sister calls me in a panic.

She said "The door is wide open, all the lights are on and Mom and Dad aren't here". I told her call mom and make sure they're ok. We call and call no answer. I told her just take pictures, lock the door and turn the lights off. And she did so.

A couple hours later, I finally get ahold of our mother. I told her she may have accidentally left the door open this morning. My dad got on the phone and asked what I was talking about. He said I made sure I turned all the lights off and locked both front and back door before we left this morning.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
[at] Badjuujuu, yes infact we were prepping the home for sale. [at] Wish-not, you have read some of my other experiences:). I'm still not sure why it seems aimed toward me. The home doesn't have the heavy feeling today as it did months ago. I have been back to the house since those incidents.
gbeliever (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
I think the spirit remains unsatisfied and is messing up with everything. Cleansing might help. Still lucky, no serious accidents.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
spriritwaiting- Oh my, there would seem to be something that does not like what is going on. It may not be personally toward you though. I sure hope not. But as BJJ said fear of the living as well and curious to the question of preparing the home to sell.

I'll have to go back and read your earlier stories. If I remember correctly there have been other incidents at this location.

None the less quite terrifying. Will be waiting for updates when you can let us know.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
I'm glad your parents were ok. Finding a door open that should be shut is absolutely terrifying, what with home invasions and all. Ghosts, no big deal. Fear of a living intruder, oh no.
Still, the house does seem incredibly active. I would not enjoy acting as caretaker. It sounds like yall are preparing to sell the home, or have I completely misunderstood?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: