You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit from my Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit from my Cousin

 

I have another story to share with you. I'll start it off by saying that me and my cousin Paul were very close. He was only a year older than I. We were living close to each other, our parents always had us in the same soccer teams when we were little, as we got older we started going to concerts together...(we both love music).

We both have completely different schedules with work and all. He had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend but we always tried to keep in contact. Paul always made time to see how I was doing even if it was over the computer.

Last year I was driving home from work when I got the worst phone call of my life. My mom crying on the phone told me to pullover. I already knew something wasn't right so I screamed for her to let me know what had happened. She told me that my cousin had got into a car accident, and had passed away. I flipped. I freaked out, I started punching my car window. I knew I had to pull over and just try to breath. I couldn't understand that someone so young, only 21 had died.

My cousin Paul who I was very close to. I had so many questions to ask. I asked God why? Why did it have to be Paul? Along with a zillion more questions. I just had to accept that it was Heaven's gain.

So straight to the point now, it was about a month after Paul's accident, the night before my first day of my new job as a Custody Officer. The night before I was very nervous, scared because I didn't know what to expect. I finally fell asleep. The next morning I woke up to the most beautiful dream ever. I was sitting on a couch when out of nowhere Paul sits next to me. I knew he had passed and I was very surprised to see him. He looked great, big smile, even looked as though he lost some weight. People say after death people are more healthy looking. I told Paul that I missed him so much and that I love him. I also asked him how Heaven was like? He replied "Man, it's great, it's amazing. I just have a lot to do".

I then asked him if it hurt when he died. His reply was a smile "Nope". I was glad to hear that. I had one more question to ask him, the most important one I had. I asked him if he was going to be there when it was my turn to pass on. He looked at me and said "Duh fool" and nudged my arm. It was something he always did to me while he was alive. After my questions he disappeared.

I woke up the next morning and told me mom right away. I know it was more than a dream, that it was my cousin telling me he was alright and for the rest of the family not to worry.

Let's just say after his visit, I wasn't nervous about my new job anymore, I actually went in with a smile. I know my story was a bit long but I hope you enjoyed it.

Peace.

Other hauntings by vickifigueroa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vickifigueroa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
What a beautiful story. It's so nice to hear a story like that. It must be nice to know that your cousin is doing great on the other side and that he is always watching out for you. Thanks for that beautiful story.

Matt 😁 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Hi Vicki.
I like the stories that show that we do not have to be shaking in our boots and running out of our clothes to get the heck out of a situation that we have no control over. I think you and your cousin must have had a warm, open relationship that brought him back to you for one more conversation. How beautiful.
Thank you for this story.
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-18)
Hey viki.
Thank you for sharing your story and I found it really interesting!

Oh and by the way when you commented on my story "The Haunted School" you said I was a brave man. Well srry to say I'm not a man I'm actually a woman in her teen years (im only 16 years old) But thank you.
Best of luck to you! ❤
wendy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
Hi vickifigueroa, how devastated you must have been at his death... Aw I bet you didn't want your dream to end when you saw and spoke to him... It's lovely when they come to see you... I'm sure you'll see him again. I sometimes get visits from my grand parents, usually when I'm going thro' a rough patch. I too find it comforting... Thanks for sharing your dream visit.
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
Very nice story! Sounds like a horrible tragedy turned out golden! Thats always wonderful to hear. It's only speculation what lies on the other side but according to the Bible its more than we can phathom! May God bless. ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely story with all of us! It is a blessing to hear that the ones we love and miss the most are at peace and are happy.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
Once again, another story that points out that not all paranormal events have to be frightening. Thanks Vicki for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
GrIm (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
wow ! Vicki interesting story and I sorry for what happen to your cousin 😢 and its nice ti hear abut the other side. Thanks for the story.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
thanks everyone for writting back.
I also feel that family members that have passed stop by to their loved ones on earth and let them know how their doing. I think its amazing. Just knowing that they are ok makes me smile. And I know that once its our turn to pass the pearly white gates that they will also be there to welcome us.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Hi, vicki. I had a very realistic experience regarding my brother-in-law, just after he passed. I think I know how you feel. My experience wasn't quite as enlightening as yours. My stories are Uncle Rocky parts 1-5. I speak of my dream in part 2. I didn't have any real questions about the other side (I'm not a believer in heaven) and I mostly had a chat with him, it was so real, I swear more than a dream. I'm so glad you had a sense of peace after your visit. I truly believe you had a visit from your cousin, but I'm very sorry you lost him way too soon. Take care. ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Hi Vickifigueroa,
Something bery similar happened to my mom. She was pregnant with my younger brother and her mom (my grandmother) was very ill and was in her last days. When my mom was about to have my brother my grandmother past away. My mom was not told so that she would not have any problems. One morning after my mom had given birth to my brother she had a dream that my grandmother had come to her and when she saw her she said "Mom how are you" she said that my grandmother was very serious and when she huged her she did not feel the same is what my mom said. She looked at her and said "I have missed you so much mom" and my grandmother said "so have I but I came to say goodbye" My mom tells her "but why please stay" and she said she turned around and started walking away. When she awoke she called my Aunt and when she told my Aunt she was not able to hold it in and told her that her Mom had past. My mom at the time lived in Illinois and My aunt and grandmother lived in Central America so that is why she was not able to be there while it happened.
Since then my mom trully believes that once they are gone they come back to say good buy.

I think that is what your cousin did. He came back to say bye to his favorite cousin.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Natalin ❤
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Very interesting vickifigueroa! It's nice to hear about the other side. Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: