You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mum's Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Mum's Experience

 

I'm telling this story on behalf of my mum. Believe me, my mum doesn't tell lies and she isn't one for making up crap about ghosts. She told me this story after I had told her about somebody coming to me.

John (mum's dad) died before my sister, who is mum's first child. Mum was pregnant with her when he passed away. One night mum was laying in bed after putting Debbie to sleep. She felt someone sitting on the end of her bed. She thought it might have been Doug Debbie's father, home from the pub exceptionally early and being very quiet. So she ignored the matter and just laid there again trying to go to sleep. After about five minutes, she could still feel somebody sitting there, she thought to herself "what on earth is Doug doing". So she sat up and looked, no one was there but there was a like a ditch on the bed, like somebody was sitting there. She laid back down then someone started talking to her.

"You have a wonderful daughter" it said, "I trust you will raise her well, same with any other children you may have, take good care of your mum for me" That's all the voice said to her. As soon as the voice had said "take good care of your mum for me" mum knew it was her father, because when he would go away for a few weeks he would say that to her. Then she felt the bed move, he had gotten off it and she said he must have walked over to Debbie's cot because never would she move while she was sleeping, but she sat there rubbing her cheek like someone had touched her. Mum is assuming that he had walked over to Debbie and obviously stroked her face.

I'm the only one mum has ever told that story, being a ghost believer. She never told Debbie because she doesn't believe in that stuff.

Other hauntings by Miss_Codi_47

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miss_Codi_47, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
Miss Codi,
When I was in 8th grade I had some friends and their family go missing in a private plane on their return trip from Florida. There were search teams searching for the plane for about a week. The night before the plane was found I had a very vivid dream that my friend Krissy had knocked on my front door and was standing at the door in a white gown holding a pink rose. In my dream she kept saying goodbye. At the end of my dream she handed me the rose. When I woke up I was holding my hand like I was holding the flower and felt it in my hand. I looked down and nothing was there. That was the same day I found out that their plane had been located with no survivors. I still believe in my heart that that was more than just an average dream. It was Krissy telling me goodbye.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Hi Miss Codi.
What a wonderful story. I am so glad that your grandfather got to see his granddaughter. He sounds like he was such a gentle, caring man. Thank you for sharing this with us.
pepper (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
I got goosebumps, that was a beautiful story. My favorites are always the ones where loved ones come back to let us know they're okay. It always leaves us feeling warm and happy. Thank you for sharing.
MCRlover1 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
That was beautiful. I know someone who died and came back to tell us that he was happy and ok. It's one of the most comforting expeirances ever.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Loved ones often times do return to let us know that they are well and how much they love and miss us. They try to do so in a way that is the least frightening to us. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: