You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Dark Relationship

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Relationship

 

I'm sure some of you have read a few of my stories involving my many ghostly experiences. Well this one is a bit different. It was 2003, just getting out of high school, I started dating this guy Ronnie. I liked everything about him. He was in a band, very popular, just had that "thing". But there was one thing I couldn't stand about him. I'm a Catholic and very big in my Faith, and every time I would drive he would ask me why I drive with a Bible in my car. Then start asking me all these questions regarding my Religion.

Some like, "Well, when you're in trouble, where's God"? Or if there's a God, then why does this or that happen. He told me that he doesn't believe there is a God, and that he believes when you die, that you are six feet under and that's all. I really liked him so I had to respect his opinion. But as time passed, I couldn't take his nitpicking on my religion anymore. He was always treating me bad, using drugs, overall I was just in a crappy, ugly and dark relationship. I felt like he was trying to get me to stop believing in God.

While in that relationship (if you even want to call it that) I felt dark and depressed. A weird thing that still scares me to this day when I think about it is that there were always these ugly huge brown spiders hanging around my door ways and windows to my house. It seems that they were only there while I was in this relationship. After going through some depression I decided that I couldn't take it anymore. So we broke up.

The first thing I did before I went to sleep was grab my bible and I just started praying, more than I ever have before. While I was praying I started to feel a very evil presence around me, very heavy feeling like there was something evil surrounding me and I heard, not aloud but telepathically (in my head) something telling me to stop praying.

That scared the crap out of me. But all I could do was just pray even harder. After about a few minutes, that "feeling" was gone.

I didn't know what had happened. Was I possessed? I don't think so. I just think that once I started getting my Faith and religion back that the "Devil" or his people tried everything they could to try and stop me from praying. But it didn't work. Thank God. And as the days went on and I kept on praying, all those ugly, nasty spiders started going away. I never saw them again!

I still think about those ugly times, thanking God that I had strength to keep my head and faith up. And not to let any evil or darkness get to me. Its still scary to think about it. I wonder what it exactly was.

Was it the devil? What about those creepy spiders? Still gives me the chills. If anyone can help a friend in need, let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Other hauntings by vickifigueroa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vickifigueroa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Silver_Nighthowl (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
I'd say that the presence that was around you and told you to stop praying was a demon and not the 'devil' himself. It wouldn't have been a big enough event or a strong enough entity to be the 'devil'. If it was the energy would have been much stronger and darker.
ThePoetsWolf09 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Was it Ronnie Radke who you dated? Because Ronnie Radke had made a popular band, but got sent to prison due to drug problems and got into a fight.
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
Wow, he was depleting your soul. (So to speak.) I'm not a Christian, myself. But I couldn't imagine talking down to someone who has such a strong faith like yours (enough to display it in their own car) 😉

I'm glad you left someone like him... Especially since he did drugs. Not a good place to be heading towards in life. And he clearly had no respect for your belief system. (Which is sacred to you.) I think the spiders were definitely a sign. And the feeling you had when you prayed definitely confirmed it (in my opinion!)

Hope you're doing a lot better now, I'm sure your soulmate is out there with better qualities and a soul to match your own. Keep up the faith! ❤

Blessings
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
I know this story is kind of old by now, but I just had to comment. I have known people like your ex. Only one comes straight to mind, and he believes in God, but there's just something dark in these people. Perhaps your ex didn't have a bad soul or anything, but because of what was happening in his life dark spirits clung to him. Those spirits could have targeted you because you were depressed. This was not a possession, but you picking up on the dark spirits. The spiders I'm not sure about. If you're scared of spiders they might have taken that form to frighten you. Good luck and God bless!
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Thank God, you abandoned him. I guess if you hang out, date, or even married to a bad person, yes you will have negative energy. If your partner and friend are always negative, it makes yourself feel horrible, confuse, and lost. I don't know what to describe but I know how you feel. ❤
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
You were right to pray like you did, and yes it was a fallen spirit in your former boyfriend that waged war against the spirit in you. If you don't believe in God then the emptyness in your soul is filled with something. And yes, God and Jesus do hate the devil. The reason your prayers worked is because it says in the word to resist the devil and he will flee. Anyone who is a christian and truly knows the word knows these things. Others who would lead you astray only know of these things, only those who are truly of God and have him living within themselves are to believed about Godly matters. Satan is the father of lies and only seeks to kill steal and destroy. You were wise to move on with your life.
morambo85 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
Please do not blame the devil, if anything thank him for testing your faith. He is doing what he is supposed to do and for overcomming this exsperience you have gotten stronger. Don't you think? In the end you make the decision that you truley believe in your heart. So if there is any pointing it will be at yourself (directed to everyone not just you hun;) ) I'm glad to hear you are not with that dooche anymore/ I know this story with men all tooooo well. Take care. We are all here for a reason. Most of us just haven't figured it out yet 😳 god and jesus don't hate the devil neither should you. (love thy enemy) no where in the bible does jesus or god tell anyone to hate only love. It was taught for a reason (this will come in handy later I'm sure in everyones life even doochy bf's).
christianboy01 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
oh and as for the spiders I can't tell you that because I don't know I will read up and tell you but my guess is the spiders where used as an object of fear or confusion keep reading the bible and you will find an easy solution be blessed
christianboy01 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
I can tell you this easily satan will do lots of things to try to get you away from god, even bring people to you to do so, the stronger you get in god the more he will try and pull you away from him and when you began praying that voice was not ment to stop you from praying because he wanted to convince you it was to scare you because fear I one of his greatest weopons if he can scare you he can get you read the bible
frypan100 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
I don't think it is as dark and evil as everyone seems to think. YOur ex boyfriend may have just really thought that the catholic religion or religion in general was hogwash. Personally I was rised catholic and went to catholic school but I am NOT catholic and believe they are sick people. No offense to anyone. But religions are mostly made up by men. So perfer my own personal relationship with god and Jesus. Much more satisfying and real. Anyway, your paranormal experiences may have had noting to do with him other then he was a low vibration in your life. Usually things things are about you.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Satanism doesn't always mean they worship the devil... That's lucifereanism.
Satanists, believe it or not, do not believe in the devil... Or god. To do so would mean they agree with Christian beliefs...

Some people need to do some homework.

😕
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Hello,
I would appreciate if someone can help me with this, I am not (I think) a psyc vampire but sometimes I wonder why people feel so umcofortable around me... Some say I have a strong personality... Anyone would like to share their ideas as to where to look for more info?, thanks:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
I have to say, due to a few personal problems, I have been absent from this site for a few weeks. I have returned, and this is one of the stories that I feel a bit more knowledgeable in, and a bit more confident in my deduction of the "human vampire" title. However, in my absence, I see that someone else has given it the correct term, one which I have just learned.
It is called a psychic vampire. What that person does, knowingly or not, is to simply use your abilities, and your feelings for their cause. Not all of them work for the nefarious side of things. Some of them are actually very good people who can not control their energies "vacuum" of YOUR energies. They are a kind of black hole, so to speak (I mean no disrespect, Necromion, if I am out of line, please just come right out and tell me. No, seriously.), and YOUR energy fills that black hole.
I have learned that just in accepting the phrase of psychological or psychic vampire does not mean that you are one. You may feel that you do this to people (altering their moods, or "taking" their happiness) but that does not mean that you have this condition. It also does not mean that you are a bad person. Most people, as I have stated, are not aware that they do this. Most of them have no concept of what the term means. And most would never do any harm to anyone, intentionally.
There are LOTS of links on the Net. Please, everyone feel free to check it out for yourselves. I see that some of what Necromion posted was met with quite a bit of skepticism. The information is out there. I encourage all to look.
Thank you again.
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
The guy you were dating probably was a Satanist, a person who prays to the dark lord, and the spiders were his way of showing you his dark entity, I myself don't have a religon because I know there is a god and a devil. No you werent possesed, if you were you would have not kept praying and you would have prayed to the dark lord.
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
I think the guy you had relationship before was a member of a Satanist Group. I would suggest you read Psalm 91 daily. I read that every morning then followed by the Lord's Prayer. Just always be careful of who you go with nowadays. You'll notice their kind if they say something negative about God or your religion.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
Psy Vampire? How do you even become one?
Why would you even be one? How do you feed off others energy?

Is it a psychological thing?
Making someone feel bad makes you feel good.
Manipulation.

Sadistic personality perhaps?
Necromion (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
sorry, but I forgot to add something. I DONT JUST GO AROUND DRAINING PEOPLE OF THIER ENERGY everything I do is consentual be it with another vampire or person.
Necromion (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
let me just say that I think your friend may have been what is called a psy or psychological vampire (a vampire that feeds off of your energies not blood). A lot of people who have been in the presence of such a vampire tend to have similar experiances such as being depressed all the time. But being a vampire doesn't tend to mean your a denizen of hell either. And your spiders I believe are just coincidence. And by the way I am a psy vampire. Email me if you have any questions, or can offer more advice
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
I would be more inclined to believe that it was an accumulation of negative energy that caused this than any direct action on the part of the devil.
About the spiders, well, that is weird. Playing skeptic I could say that it may have merely been a coincidence with the timing, my house is plagued by spiders every year from early september to late october.
However, the spiders could well have been a physical manifestation of all the negative energy crowding around you at the time. I'm guessing that you usually see spiders in a negative light so it would make sense that the energy would choose to manifest itself to you in this way.
Of course, I could just be talking rubbish. 😆
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
Hi! I'm so sorry you had such an awful relationship 😢, but atleast all of that negativity is behind you now! Well in my opinion your boyfriend was under possession, easy to see why since he didn't believe in god. All of the negativity must have attracted his demon to you. So basically it was the devil out trying to make your life miserible, but you are strong with your beleif in god so you'll be fine! 😊
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-23)
A similar thing happened to me with my first girlfriend. I broke up with her after she tried having... I'd rather not say. But she always insulted my religion. Around then I was feeling bad. But now she's gone. I found my religion again. But the things a saw stayed with me. I still see them today...
MFD (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Most people who have a high level of negative energy tend not to respect anyone, mostly because they do not respect themselves, but this does not mean that they do not want help or secretly yearn for it. It's quite possible he was drawn to you because of your strong faith.
Ronnie asked questions such as,
"Well, when you're in trouble, where's God"?,
Or if there's a God, then why does this or that happen.
Is it not obvious that he has asked God himself these same questions? And it sounds like he himself has been through some dark experiences that have made him lose his faith and turn to drugs.
GhostGal mentioned that this perhaps is a test of your faith. Perhaps the test is whether you can keep yours and help him restore his.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
First of all, I am very glad you got out of what sounds to be a very negative relationship. In the beginning of your story, you stated that you choose to respect his opinion, but nothing in this story suggests he even tried to respect yours.

I have read some of the pther comments, although I can not share whote buffalos enthusiasum regarding spiders, she has a valid view point. I have severe arachnaphobia, I am deathly afraid of spiders of any kind. Spiders for me signify negatvity and fear. It sounds as if this may be the case for you as well, other wise why did the spiders leave when you felt the shift in your faith return?

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
MFD (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Most souls who linger on Earth and do not pass on are most likely the ones who had a lot of negative energy while they were alive. That even in death, they are unable to let go. If we could address the issue while the person was still alive, wouldn't it be proactive? Perhaps then, we would have less negative spirits... Just a thought.
MFD (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Whether they are human vampires or not, are they still not humans? And in their case, perhaps humans who are in need of more positive energy to offset all their negative. So the solution would be to stay away from these being so that they cannot drain your positive energy? Wouldn't it be more selfless if we reached out with understanding and compassion to these beings, and help? Many of you advise to reach out to the spirits and help them find their way, but I find it sad that people would rather shy away and turn a blind eye on fellow humans in time of need.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
A human vampire. A person with a negative out look on things can make you feel the same way as what you wrote about. I am not an expert on relationships tho. But that is what I think to.
EagleShadow (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Having been victim to a similar type of demonic presence, that was in fact a negative entity also attached to a former boyfriend, I am afraid I do believe this story.
My entity manifested as a Black cloud like being with red eyes. It came on the day my former lover and I broke up. He also was a very negative and fairly violent individual. He did do a bit of spirit work and it was not my kind of work, not light work at all.
Well this is my first post to your forum... Lol please be kind
Namaste'
Eagle
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
Hm... When you think about it... It can be a lot of diffrent thing's. For example, if you don't believe in the paranormal, people are just prob. Going to say sumtin' like 'tis:
Well, spider's come and go. The evil presence was you probably just being paranoid. And the thing you could of "possibly" heard was just thought's running threw your head.

For those who do beleive, like me, would ay sumtin like 'tis:
Ronnie could of possibly been the evil presence. Trying to stop you form beleiving. Or it could of been the devil, cause your such a strong beleiving type of person. Gotta tell ya' 'tis. By gran-gran is catholic and she don't drive wit' a bible. So yo' strong wit' yo' religion. Wich is good. And IF there is a God out there. Pray to him. PRay to him to keep you safe from whatever it was. It could of also just been God testing you... Tho I highly doubt it. He could of just been seeing if you would give up on him. And see if you trully are such a strong beleiver. My gran-gran say's stuff like that... Hehe

~Gejro ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
I am so sorry, vickifigueroa, was reading through the comments off of the home page on here and happened to catch Ohiowatha's comment and realized that I missed mentioning anything about the spiders.
The spider has been used to symbolize patience due to its hunting technique of setting webs and waiting for prey, as well as mischief and malice for its poison and the slow death it causes, its venom often seen as a curse.
In Ancient Egypt, the spider signified the goddess Neith (spinner and weaver of destiny). And then a bit later though the Babylonian Ishtar and Greek Athena. In African folklore, the spider is personified as Anansi, the trickster god. In the Native American Lakota people's culture, the spider is present as the deity Iktomi, which is occasionally depicted in its form (and thus, the birth of the constellation Ursa Major. The constellation that is seen as seven men transformed into stars and climbing to paradise by unrolling a spiders web.)
A Jourougumo is a Japanese spider-like creature that takes form of a human female and sprouts spider legs out of her back for self-defense. The legend of the King Robert the Bruce of Scotland depicts a spider as a symbol for hope (while hiding in a cave he witnessed a spider repeatedly trying to climb to the top of the cave, after many attempts the spider finally made it. The spider "talked" King Robert out of the cave and back to the fight, with its personification of hope and perseverance.)
In the Old Days spiders were looked upon as being good. There really was not a wide spread fear of them, as there is now. Probably mostly due to the ignorance to the point that some of them are quiet lethal. Most generally they depicted the versatility of man kind, and a stubbornness to survive. (wash a spider down a drain, they sometimes survive the "flood" to make it back out)
She is the weaver of Truth and Wisdom. She teaches of Determination, Perseverance and Self Preservation. And she is a fierce Warrior when backed into a corner.
So I ask you, would the spiders have come from the "devil" as a sign of the detrimental relationship that you were in?
Not in my way of thinking. In MY belief system, they would signify to ME, that the end is near, just keep plucking along. It would show ME that I was on the right path.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Yes an emotional vampire. Neice dated one and she about had a breakdown over it. This guy would dump his negative attitude on her and then leave her in a panic thinking he may harm himself. I think he just liked the pity and making someone feel responsible for his actions. Needless to say it depleted her and she broke up with him but we were so worried about her because she became so depressed. I have a theory about emotional vampires. If you get off the phone with someone and feel drained or talk to someone and feel the same, best to stay away from that person. What can start out as sympathy on your part will allow them to suck the very life out of you and then blame you when you won't allow it anymore. As far as the spiders I don't think that had anything to do with the boyfriend but I do believe people can drain us emotionally if we let them.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: