You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma's Visit?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Visit?

 

It has been a while since I last posted on here, and as bad as I feel about that, I haven't had many experiences lately. However, I did have a visit not long ago.

My grandmother, who was more like a mother, passed away in May. This is a woman who was open to the paranormal, and if something was too upsetting, would have me cleanse the house to rid of the energy.

We were always close, sharing treats, secrets, interests. And 2 months after her passing, I was sleeping in (no work that day). While I don't remember most of her visit, as I was waking up I heard her say "Time to go."

I wasn't ready to leave, and replied with a "Don't you dare!" Which she didn't listen to (she never did haha) I then woke up crying not out of sadness and loss, but out of loneliness. Now I have no one here in my home that believes on this stuff.

But at the same time she is also pestering my uncle, by constantly resetting the microwave when he uses it (which is something he would have done to her. They enjoyed pranking each other.)

So, I'm also a practicing pagan, so in an effort to stay in tune with my grandmother, I was speaking to her while out for a walk. Now the plan before was to move away from my uncle (he is a toxic person) once she passed, and I was feeling unsure at this point because of her passing. So (and there were not many butterflies around at the time) I asked her o send a butterfly as a response. I asked if moving out was still in the plans. Right as I asked a beautiful black and orange butterfly went past. So now I'm trying to save to move out of this highly toxic environment.

So those are my latest ones, thanks for reading. Have a good morning/day/evening

Other hauntings by DragonLuvrD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DragonLuvrD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DragonLuvrD (6 stories) (12 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-01)
I believe it was a baseline Checkerspot, it had a yellowish edge along the wings.

I was also raised by my Grandmother, from the time I was 7 to adulthood she has been my grandmother/Mother. It certainly makes for a unique bond, doesn't it?
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-09-26)
Hi DragonLuvrD!
That's wonderful that she sent you a butterfly! Do you know what kind it was?

About fifteen years ago my father told me he had a dream. Before he went to sleep he had prayed to God for a sign of his existence.

During the night he had a dream that God approached him and told him not to be afraid. He opened his hand and there was a Monarch Butterfly in his hand.

The next morning when my dad was drinking his coffee he turned on the news and there was a Monarch Butterfly. The first thing he saw.

He lives in Arizona and I think the news was talking about their seasonal migrations but it still counts. I love butterflies.

Also, I was very close to my Grandmother too. She was the one who raised me through my late childhood and teen years. She died in 2016.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-09-26)
Though I do not know your gender, I have always believed that there exists a special bond between a grandmother and her grandson. I am sorry for your loss and happy that you have found a way to stay in touch with your Grandmother.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: