You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Oiuja Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Oiuja Board Experience

 

I would like to share my experience with a Ouija board from around 8 years ago.

A group my friends and I constructed a rudimentary Ouija board out of paper and a glass. We dimmed the lights and made sure that everyone in the house was in the same room, along with the dog. This house is an old Victorian era house in England of which I don't know the history.

Upon starting the session we asked basic questions, "Is there anyone here?" etc... And had a little success. However, as we continued we started to notice strange things happening in the room. Firstly the dog was freaking out, barking at random spots in the room and staring at nothing. This was the first unsettling thing.

The temperature in the room dropped considerably and there was a feeling of someone watching us and breathing on my neck in particular. Then various things happened all at the same time, The curtains blew out into the room, although the window was completely shut; the candle stick on the table lit up without a candle in it, stayed on for around five seconds and went out again, and loud knocking was heard on the table and walls.

This is when everyone freaked out and finished the session. One of my friends threw the glass at the wall, which just bounced. I then tried to break it, thinking it was a fluke but it bounced again. This was the last straw for everyone and we bolted out of the house.

Even today everyone is scared to talk about this when we chat about the past, and everyone has said they have felt and seen other presences since this day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ginge1388, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
can I just say that when I was a teenager some friends and I made a ouija (paper) board and used it quite alot, never did we say any protection spells or prayers at the beggining as we didn't know we were meant to but anyway, nothing ever happened to us apart from getting a couple of strange messages and my cousin falling down a few stairs (wasnt hurt but it was a very funny moment for us both) and apart from that a few things we connected with what the board said but nothing major has happened and as far as I'm aware I have never seen a ghost but (I have a terrible memory'really bad')

I would be the first person to tell you never to do a ouija board because if I seen my kids do one I would literally turn into the hulk but regardless of what we hear or are told we have all tried one and I actually believe the reaction you get is down to the individual and what they believe or take on board, like if you don't really care or playing the board isn't interesting to you then the spirit has no energy to hold on to... Just my opinion threw personal experiences with the board and the paranormal
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Hi Ginge!

What you guys did is what we call "Spirit of the Glass", The Spirit of the Glass is actually an improvised version of the Ouija board, which can be described as a do-it-yourself seance game because the goal is to make contact with the spirit world. The only problem with it is a spirit, spirits or something pretending to be a spirit will be trapped in the glass and will not leave unless you end the session properly. I've seen far worse happen to people than what you just experienced so I'm going to ask if you did a couple of things:

1. Did you pray for protection before doing the seance?

2. Did you thank the guardian spirits for their aid and ask them to lead all spirits remaining or whom have gathered back over to the other side and seal that portal when they depart?

If you did well all good and well but if you didn't I fear repercussion are to unfold in the location where you did the seance and also to the people involved in the seance.
ginge1388 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
Thanks for the replies guys.

Rook,

It was a thin crystal type of glass, something that would've smashed if it was dropped on a carpet.

As for the candle stick, it was as though there was a lit candle there (flame) without the candle 😕.

Thanks,

Ginge
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
ginge,
I know this happened a long time ago but I always tell people DON'T use the Ouija Board. The fact that you didn't close the session correctly is why everyone has felt and seen other presences since that day. An O.B. Is a portal so you never know what you are letting out. You can't put the Jeannie back in the bottle now. All any of you can do if there is a negative spirit or heavy feel to any of your houses is use Rooks Cleansing/Shielding method. Many people that are on this site have used it with great success.
Now when you have kids old enough to want to use one you can tell them your story and hopefully scare them enough that they will NEVER use one. Tweens are probably the most likely to try to use one saying it is ''just'' a game. No it's not.
Regards
Red
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Hi, ginge... Really an interesting story... As I don't have much knowledge about Oujja board but I can say one thing that never try to disturb entities.

Which kind of presence your friends experience until now? Will love to read it...

Thanks for sharing...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
ginge,

Do you remember the type of glass that you used? Some can be suprisingly hard to break no matter how hard you throw them against the wall.

This statement caught my intrest...

"the candle stick on the table lit up without a candle in it, stayed on for around five seconds and went out again..."

What exactly do you mean by that... Did the candle stick begin to glow... Did it look like there was an invisable candle burning in the candle stick? What did this look like?

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: