You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Saw It For First Time

Real Ghost Stories

Saw It For First Time

 

This is a very recent experience but nothing scary as compared to my previous experience. On my birthday, that is on 25 August, I remember that I was alone in the house at around 7pm. My mom and dad had gone out to buy new pressure cooker. As our Unit test was going on in school so my friends had requested me to conduct the party after the exam. I had bought the cake and was waiting for mom and dad to return home to cut the cake.

I had dressed up and just as I sat down to watch TV, the phone rang. Of course it was someone calling me for wishing me on my birthday, so I ran in the master bedroom where the phone was kept.

Before I continue my story, I think that you should know the layout of rooms in house. The rooms in my house are C-shaped, my parents' room in leftmost side, then two bathrooms, and one has access from parents' room and another has access from my room which is in central part. The guest room is in rightmost part. So, if you stand at entrance of my parents' bedroom, you can easily see what's going on in guestroom.

Back to story now. I picked up the phone and answered it. I saw it, yes, I saw it for the first time in my life. I wasn't afraid but kind of surprised. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I came back to reality when the person on phone said "Hello, you still there?" I told him that I will call him later and I just ran to guestroom. I pinched myself several times to check whether I am dreaming or not. When I reached there it was kind of gone...

So you must be anxious to read what I saw right? Ok, I am not going to make that long. When I reached the entrance of my parents' room, I saw a ghost or spirit or doppelganger of a bride (don't know what it was) talking with someone through the window of guestroom. Her half body was out of window so I couldn't see how she looked but I guessed she was a bride due to her typical costume. And the weirdest thing was that the bride was Christian because she wore the typical wedding costume of a Christian bride.

As soon as I kept the phone and ran towards, she just vanished in thin air, not even bothering to look at me. Even though I wasn't able to see her as I reached the guestroom but I could feel the presence in the room slowly vanishing away. I didn't tell my parents about this as they are extreme skeptics and they neither believe in god nor in ghosts.

First of all, what was it? I don't understand why or how can a ghost or spirit or doppelganger of a Christian bride get into my house as we are Hindus and also there are less than 25 Christians in our whole town?

One possibility is that my sister has recently married a Christian man (love marriage) and since my parents have denied any contact with her. So maybe there was a hidden message from her?

I need help in this and you are welcome to help me.

Shrush

Other hauntings by Shrush

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shrush, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Shrush, can you enlighten me on the traditional garb of a Christian bride in India? I'm guessing it is not like wedding outfits in the West. What color might the bride wear?
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Thank you, Shrush, I appreciate your input. 😊

One of the best things about this website is the way it not only provides fascinating stories, but gives me insight into other cultures and the way they perceive paranormal activity, as our experiences are no doubt all filtered through our different cultures, religions, myth & legend, folklore, regional focus, etc. I appreciate that. I like my horizons expanded.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
msfm:
I don't want to start trouble here but its my (Personal Opinion) that we have to keep a religion for official purpose even though we don't believe in it.
One of the famous writer and poet of Maharashtra, Mr. Rajan Khan has made the official religion of his children as 'Humanity' or something similar. I salute him for that.
Willowwaly:
I completely agree with you

Heres a link to post of Mr. Rajan Khan on Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/hemantnishad87/posts/840312922724029

His post is in Marathi language so heres its Google translation (Its not that correct):-
"Science is the voice of developing liquid every day, but the expression is not the same opportunity to the development of the religion in the unfrozen. Who believe in science, carrying the body and brain to work. Who believe that religion, carrying their bodies are being pushed, but there are times when their brain magacyaca which jack. Religion is not pravasaca mananaram the brain."

PS: Please. Its my request that the above opinion is completely personal and I don't want to hurt anyones eligious sentiments.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Tweed:
No, I haven't experienced anything in the house nor my parents have experienced anything but one of my cousins don't like our house and says that she isn't comfortable. We (Parents) have been living in our house for 18+ years since 1996-1997 and I was born in 2001.
There are no strange things going on but one of my android apps gave high EVP reading.
(The apps are sometimes fake, I know that)

I have gathered some information about the history of house and will share it soon.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
msforgetmenott, I have to confess I'm astonished and dismayed, and I don't understand how you interpreted comment as insulting. There are many atheist Jews who still identify as Jews. That is a fact, and in no way an insult. (One of my biggest historical heroes, Emma Goldman, was a Jewish atheist. I myself am agnostic bordering on atheism.)

I was wondering if perhaps it was similar for some Hindus, who identify culturally as Hindu but may not personally believe in god (s). I suggested that possibility because it seemed people were skeptical of the OP's story for saying the parents were Hindus who do not believe in god or ghosts. That actually seems perfectly reasonable to me. (?)
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
WillowWaly,
Perhaps enough is enough on basic religious beliefs this is not the intended reason for YGS... First the Christians were insulted, now the Jewish, probably some Hindu also. Lets be done with it. NOW
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Oh, I forgot to add, I agree with Tweed that this apparition may have had something to do with your sister's recent situation. And I have a positive sense about it somehow.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Admittedly I don't know much about Hindus, and I don't wish to speak for the OP, but possibly it's considered a cultural affiliation as well as a religion? So one could identify as a 'Hindu' Indian while not being actively theistic.

Similarly, Judaism is a religion but also a culture/race, and there are plenty of atheist Jews.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Hi Srush,

I feel the detail about your sister marrying for love (good for her!) to a Christian man is somehow very relevant to this. You mentioned your parents disapprove of her marriage. I'm very sorry to hear that.😢 I don't know why you saw who you did. But I feel it's connected somehow to your sister.

Had there been anything else odd going on in your home before this? The title of this story suggests you had previously wondered about the identity of a presence in your home. Any further details may help determine who/why/how etc.

Interesting story, thanks for sharing!
PS when I first joined here some people were referring to the karma point activity as 'the karma fairies'. 😉
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Rookdygin:
According to my knowledge, Hindu women wear white saree only when her husband (women's) dies.
Women also wear white saree on Independence and Republic day but its is rare thing.

Looks like someone is messing with me for karma points😕, agree with you Tweed- Karma points is drama points
😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
I am wondering if this may not have been a residual 'vision' but the question I have is this...

Is there are ritual or ceromoney (sp?) for Hindus that require the woman (women) the wear white. It would strike me as odd for this to have been a manifestation of a Christian woman in a Home/House that has always belonged to a Hindu Family.

Thanks for shairng.

Respectfully,

Rook
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
lady-glow and msfm:
Hinduism is a very simple religion but it is made complex by the people who invented the system called 'Caste'. (No pun intended but that's the truth). The rituals became complicated in later vedic periods when the caste system gained importance.
There are 3 primary type of Hindus:
1) Extreme believers:- One who worship daily and go to temple daily and follow all fasts and perform all rituals.
2) Moderates:- One who believe in god but don't give much importance to daily worship and weekly fasts. For eg. Sheetal
3) Non-Believers:- One who don't believe in god. They might worship anything. For eg. I think the one who created me is god so for me my parents are god.

Hope that clears your doubt😁

Mimi81:
I will try to find out history but it isn't that easy.

Dee-J:
Thanks for reading 😁
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
lady-glow and msfm:
I will try to respond to your questions as soon as possible.

All questions will be answered soon as I have some problems with my PC.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Sorry the last line is 'I am among those who do not go temple... And do not worship everyday...'
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Hello, Shrush... I am agree that it can be some residual haunting.

(at) msforgetmenott: Hinduism is one of the easiest religion... There is no impose rules in Hinduism to worship god or not...It's totally depend on ones to worship god or believe in them... Perhaps they are Hindus who do not worship... I am born Hindu but I really don't know the rituals of worship... I am not among those who do not go temple... And do not worship everyday...

Hope it helps 😁
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
I agree with Lady-glow on this one, that was an odd statement. Your parents do not believe in God nor in ghosts.

Hinduism is a complex religion yet it my understanding is: they do strongly believe in God or in fact in some cases Gods.
Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Perhaps, you saw a woman (ghost) in formal dress, not a Christian bride at all.
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Shrush: Spirits don't discriminate on what a person's religion is or their other beliefs. If they want to haunt a particular place or just simply reveal themselves to you, they are going to do it regardless. On a different note though, I know it had to been very startling seeing this spirit. Yikes!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Your family is Hindu but your parents do not believe in god?...that's strange. 😕
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Shrush, do you know anything about the history of the house and the land it's on? You may have seen something that had no connection to your sister. It sounds like a residual haunting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: