You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Sisters Story Of An Awful Atmosphere

Real Ghost Stories

My Sisters Story Of An Awful Atmosphere

 

Not quite a ghost story, but seconds from it.

Like me, my younger sister has previously worked in a Nursing Home where she lives in Canada, (I was in the U.K Nursing homes.) One day we got chatting about ghosts and the paranormal and she said she had an awful experience once, it was about a man in his last living moments.

One of the residents she cared for on a daily basis, was something of a bad character. All his life, he was rude and very nasty to whomever he was in presence of, like me, my sister will not back down from people. One day, this resident played up something dreadful, which turned out, he was in the last moments of his life and started panicking and asking for a priests help, my sister followed the priest in and said she was overcome with terror at the atmosphere.

It was heavy and dark feeling, the whole room just breathed a nasty air and she felt absolutely scared, she is also the same as me, any bangs or strange goings on where ever we are, we are so nosy we go to investigate it, but this room the dying resident was in, terrified her, she actually ran out of the room and told the Matron, she will never go in there again. The resident was screaming for his life and asking to be saved from something nobody could fathom out what.

Another carer who was present said, the moment this resident died, the atmosphere cleared.

My sister has never experienced anything like it since and she is now a paramedic (E.M.T) seeing all sorts and this still haunts her. Mainly because she cannot explain it.

I have not experienced this in the eight years I have worked in the Nursing homes, but do have a ghost story of my own, very mild as in not scary. Wondering if I did see one or it was the place, circumstance and my mind subconsciously playing tricks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, heidibullen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
I don't really have a comment to this story. I do have a site that you may be interested in looking at. It's about nurses and their experiences.

Https://personalghoststories.wordpress.com/category/nursing/page/2/

Just copy and paste.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Heidi! Good and honest account of how your Sister, unfortunately chanced on a paranormal-encounter.

I understand that you are writing this from a third-person perspective, so, the details and emotions will have to be described as best as one could interpret and relay them. You did a great job of expressing and recounting her event as best you could!

I wouldn't over think it that your Sister has had such an experience if you haven't - or haven't had many on a personal-level. Paranormal and ghostly encounters which are genuine and devout are often few and far between. I would advize you not to worry about sixth-sense/s and paranormal activity. A lot of the time, the experience is terrifying and relentlessly works on you emotionally and psychologically, until, you deeper look into the para-scope, and you perhaps come across a site like YGS - www.yourghoststories.com. After such an experience, people can go so far as to begin seeing things and becoming emotionally inconsistent, unsettled, unreasonable and disconnected. Most people wish that they had never ever seen or witnessed such an event - it can literally tear down your boundaries and reduce you to a sorrowful child.

There is also something to be said about an atmosphere that seems to envelop a person and their/its nature! -
He was not a kind man and;
* Perhaps - he was punished or
* Perhaps - that was his end to meet, regardless of anything that your Sister could've done.

The best thing you can do, if and when one does come across such an encounter - is to fill the person who had the encounter/s time and activities with cheer, kindness, humor, comfort and every-day chit-chat. This way, you stay enjoying your life and anything that doesn't normally belong here - will make it's path elsewhere because it understands that it is not a part of it. Keep the person feeling unthreatened, comforted and reassured.

Because the nature of the paranormal is so out-of-the-box and extraordinary, all the while, TV is painting it out to be a glamorous and exciting adventure, but, it is actually usually, quite the opposite.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
As the moment of death approaches, so do those spirits who will guide the soul of the departed to the next stage. (Wow, that sounds poetic.:P)

Spirits, as we all know here, come in three kinds: good, neutral and evil. Generally, the good spirits will lead a soul to a 'place of rest, a place of refreshment, a place of repose', whereas an evil one will lead a soul to a place of torment.

Without actually interviewing the nursing home resident you mention in this piece, Heidi, we can't say for 100% certainty that it was an evil spirit visiting him at the time of his passing, but he clearly felt that it was. Your sister's description seems to confirm the evilness of the spirits.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: