You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Living With A Light House

Real Ghost Stories

Living With A Light House

 

I'm a first time submitter, long time reader. I've always been interested in the paranormal. As well as having many experience's of them. Which I'll post more about those later.

This one will be about how it was like to live with a light house (also known as, a person who can see, and speak to spirit's).

It was around the beginning of November 2008. My now ex husband and I had fallen on hard times, so our friend (the light house) let us come stay with her, and her husband, while we got back on our feet.

We already knew that she could see, and speak to spirits, (which I found interesting) before we moved in. I also knew that I was sensitive to them as well, but thankfully could not see them. I can feel when they're around me, and can tell if they're looking at me etc...

We'll call my friend (the light house) J. J had told me that there are multiple spirit's living in her house. Not that her house was haunted, but that they are attracted to her light. She told me how she had recently saw, and spoke to a woman in her kitchen, that was from the 1800's. The woman/spirit said that she was killed by a horse and carriage. J also had told me about a old soldier, that she had seen standing in a corner, in her room.

One evening, we were all sitting downstairs, in the living room, just talking to each other. While my little dog was standing near the end of the couch, watching something, like it was entering the room we were in. You could see her move her head slowly, as she followed whatever, as it seemed to get closer to us. J looked at me and said, "do you see her looking at it"? I was amazed how close the spirit seemed to get to us.

During the Holiday's, J's in-laws came to stay, and her mother In-law had mentioned that she had saw 2 spirit's (man and woman) standing near her door way, at night time, while she was laying in bed reading the night before. Their bedroom was across from ours. Which freaked me out that I might end up seeing them. Luckily I didn't!

When ever I would take a shower there, no matter the time of day, I would always feel someone peeking in (like they were tilting their head side ways to sneak a peek) watching me the whole time that I was washing. It felt very uncomfortable to the point of me dreading having to take a shower alone. I would constantly feel like I was being watched in that house. I could be standing in the kitchen, or the living room, and I'd feel someone walk into the room. They'd start by standing in the door way, and then I could feel them start to creep closer to me, to the point of where I'd start to freaked out, and run away.

My son, who was 2 years old at the time, would tell me that he kept seeing scary faces, and they would scare him, and make him cry. That's when I started to get mad. It's one thing to mess with me, but another to mess with my kid! So J told the spirits that they need to stop scaring him. My son said they looked like scary monster's.

Not to long after my son telling me that, he was up in our room one night playing, and we heard the door shut. Not long afterwards, he started screaming, and banging on the door, trying to get out the room. My ex husband and I, as well as J and her husband, ran up the stairs, and tried to open the door, which was now locked! We all started to freak out by that point, as my 2 year old son is screaming, and crying that he's scared, and can't open the door. J said it was a spirit who locked it (she could sense it), she said this has never happened before. She had a roommate before us, stay in that room for over a year, and not once ever had the door lock her in like that. After what seemed like forever of us trying to open the door (I should add that it was a weird door knob, and J did not have keys for it), my ex husband decided to get the ladder, and crawl through the window. Whenever he did, the door finally opened with no problem. But for safety reasons, we switched our door knob with another one that was on a closest door, and didn't have a lock on it. So we wouldn't have to worry about anything locking it again.

Not long before we moved out, me, my son, J and her husband, and one of their friends, was all sitting in the living room one night, not sure of the time, but it was around midnight or so (My ex husband wasn't there). But first, let me give a little lay out. Right above the living room, is our bedroom, and there's a wall to the living room, that has the stairs on the other side attached to it, which when you reach the bottom of the stairs, you can look right, and enter the living room, or turn left, with a quick other left, and go down a hallway, that goes through the kitchen, and at the end is the back door. Anyways, we were all talking, and all of a sudden we start to hear footsteps right above us, coming from my room. It sounded like they just started in the middle of my room. Then we hear it start to walk out of my room, and go down the stairs (it sounded just as clear as if someone would be walking around up stairs, and walk down stairs). As it reached the bottom, we all look over at the bottom of the stair case, and can hear it hit the landing (which is a wood floor), and start to walk down the hallway, and open and close the back door! We all just looked at each other like that just happened. J's friend didn't believe in paranormal stuff, but even he had to admit that there was no explanation for that.

Sorry to write so much. I'm sure I bounced around with this allot, but there was just a lot of stuff to remember from that long ago. Hopefully y'all enjoyed it! I do have other story's to share, if anyone wants to hear them?

Other hauntings by Twilight1011

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Twilight1011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-09)
Twilight ~
Tales like this amaze me. They cause me to wonder all sorts of things: How prevalent are these entities? How are they generated? Why is there such a broad range of ways that different people experience them? It just leaves me more baffled than I was before.

Always enjoy hearing from you.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-09)
Twilight,

While I was reading your comment, I joined my sleeping son in the room because I got scared for him. Thankfully, there are no paranormal experiences in the flat we're living in. Even our neighbors haven't experienced anything paranormal, unlike when I was in our province. I guess Manila is too busy for ghosts and other entities. 😆

I hope you won't have the same experience, ever again.

Regards.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
MysticFrance, at that time my son was 3 if I remember correctly, so we didn't let him stay in a room alone, with the door closed. Our room there was at the top of the stairs, and we were down stairs next to the bottom of the staircase, so we could hear him playing. So whatever locked him in, also had shut the door on him too. It definitely was very scary to go through, knowing that something you can't see, is messing with your child.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Twilight,

OMG! I can imagine the fear and anxiety when your son was locked up. My gran always remind us to not close the bedroom door when there's a small child inside because the spirits might lock them. It never happened to me, but as I was reading your story, I was thanking my grandma silently.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Regards.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-23)
OMG Twighlight1011,

I can't imagine living in a world like sixth sense. It's bad enough when I was seeing entities like Steven and the Hag on the odd occasion. If it was every single day I would die.

Another good read with your reply. I haven't been able to 'up vote' you. It keeps saying, 'vote for someone else'😕

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-23)
SWS, this was definitely by far the most active place I've ever stayed in. Before we stayed here, I knew my friend attracted spirits to her, and heard stories about what all would happen in her homes, but actually staying in her home was a whole other story. I was amazed with what all would happen in her home. There were times in the day, that I had to be there with only my oldest son, which was around 3 at that time, and I remember being nervous having to be alone there. Luckily other than the feeling of being watched, I never had anything happen while alone. Which we only stayed at her home for not even 2 months, when we finally got a place of our own. I still remember that night when we were sitting in the living room, and heard foot steps out of no where, start to walk from the middle of my room there, and down the stairs, hearing it clear as day as each foot hit each step, like it would sound if you walked down the stairs, and hit the landing, and continue to go down the hallway, and open and shut the back door. We all just looked at each other in amazement, that we all just heard that happen. I've always been curious if the back door actually opened, since we were unable to see it from the living room. The guy that was visiting them that night (them being my friend and her husband) was a skeptic, and though heard the same stories I did about our friends place, still had a hard time believing them, but after that night, there just wasn't a logical reason for what we all just witnessed. Unfortunately I no longer talk to this friend, as our lives grew apart, but I still wonder how her life is today, with living a lifestyle like this. I do know that being a lighthouse for spirits ran in her family, as her mother and grandmother were also beacons. I also remember her telling me that she stayed in a home, that had a little boy reside in it, and had got attached to her, to where it would wait for her to come home, and would do child like things around her home. For me personally, I just couldn't live a life seeing spirits everywhere. She told me the movie sixth sense is a very good comparison on how it is for her seeing spirits. That they walk among us like they're still alive, and some times are hard to tell that they're even dead at times.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-23)
Hello Twighlight1011,

I loved all 3 of your posts and put them in my favourites.

I was scared reading this post and can't imagine how scared your son was. Poor little guy. I hope he's okay.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I love your style of writing and can't wait to read more.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Arabella (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Yes please! I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear any of your stories.

I'm somewhat sensitive myself. I've just had one event similar to your experience of hearing footsteps. Once I was in the upstairs bathroom of our old house and heard someone run upstairs. The landing is right outside the bathroom door. There was no one but my son and I in the house at that time and it sounded like a young, energetic person in hard-soled boots.

I assumed, of course, that it was my son and called out to him, asking him something about supper. No response. I came out of the bathroom, only a moment after hearing him (I thought) run up the stairs and he was nowhere to be seen.

I went downstairs, puzzled because there was no time for him to have gone back downstairs and I hadn't heard another sound. He was in the family room at the back of the house watching television, in his sock feet.

What I particularly love about your experience is that there were several people there to witness it. My son hadn't heard anything at all.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
To spirit waiting, like I said in my story, my friend is a light house, so she attracts them. She has a lot of different spirit's in her house, she has told me. We weren't scared when we heard the footsteps though. We were all just amazed by it. But I did not sleep in that room that night lol. I'm sure it was just a random spirit just walking around, and we just happened to hear it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Twilight,

I enjoyed this read!
I to am sensitive to spirits. I can feel them and hear them. Its not easy dealing with such things, but it can get easier.

Wow on the footsteps! That would've had me excited I know weird but I would have wanted to stay and figure it out!

Have you ever tried reaching your friend since then, and asked if she figured out who or what it was?

Maybe just a passerby ghostie, because she is a light for them.

I can only imagine the experiences she has told you about!

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Twilight! There is definitely something to be said about understanding how our children go through changes and the way in which they show us and explain/describe to us what is happening. Because they are in such an innocent-way, in terms of the world, we have to find a way to communicate with them that will bring understanding and resolution on issues. It is fortunate that some children will easily grasp an idea or something you tell them and they will be happy living that way, while, others will need lengthly explanation and different means of working on things like drawing/s or building/s and colours.

What actually makes me wonder about your sons description is that he could not explain why or how the ghost was scaring him. I know that you can clearly tell a ghost that "hey, this is not on! Please stop this - it upsets me" and the ghost might cooperate. 0therwise, for a little child they do not always understand exactly what is being asked of them and what to say. It is natural for us to be concerned about our child's health - mental, physical and emotional and to feel that direct communication will always work - "Michael! Stop playing with that! There is the box you need to put it in." But, how do we clearly explain each situation, in such a way?

I am trying to better emphasis that - to be a good, fair, loving and encouraging parent - we sometimes need to put aside the way that we deal with things and consider the child and his/her age. Each child is different and so methods will differ - my oldest step-sister will bow down to anything at the threat of a smack, but, I take hidings very badly! It makes me feel vulnerable and violated and I respond much like a scared animal. Suffice to say, smacks only worsen a situation when it comes to me.

I would like to put 4ward to you to try new methods of getting through to each child - play game/s; use verbal instruction; paint and read up on fun methods to communicate with your kids. If you do - I am sure that you will always be able to say, exactly how each of your children feel, think and work on things. Also, you will be 100 percent certain where each child stands in terms of his/her growth, albeit natural or unnatural or para-entwined.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Melda, thank you. I try my best to be open to a lot of thing's. Growing up being sensitive to this stuff, wasn't really easy. My mom didn't say she didn't believe me, when I told her about what was happening to me when I was little, but she didn't know what to do, so she ignored it. So like you, I felt alone. My brother was battling a rare disease when I was young, so he eventually moved in with our grandparents, that lived next door to us, so they could help with all the different meds he required to have through the night, since my mom had to get up early, and go to work. My father passed when my mom was pregnant with me, so she had to be a single mom, doing her best to take care of us. I always felt that I would have been less scared, if I was able to sleep in my brothers room with him, but like I said, I was unable to. It seemed by the time I had my second son, my oldest didn't really seem to mention spirits as much. He was 5 by then. I plan to eventually post my experiences I had as a child, that I'd like to be able to have a better understanding of how it was possible to do what it did. I appreciate all of the support from everyone. Thank you
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Hi Twilight
It truly is terrifying for a child to see "monsters", as he called them. Perhaps in later life he will be open to paranormal experiences but I'm happy to hear he's a little boy leading a normal life right now.
I too had some really awful paranormal experiences as a child and some nights hardly slept at all.
I am also pleased to hear that you can assist your child in this regard if he does experience anything further. As a child I received no support at all as nobody believed me! It was a truly lonely existence.

Regards, Melda
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Also, he didn't say that every ghost he saw looked scary. Just that one of the one's in J's house was scarying him. He use to see them a lot when he was younger (he's now 11), but now he doesn't mention them, or seem to recall the one's he saw when he was younger really. Which I'm happy about. I just didn't want to be that parent that refused to believe my kids, when they tried to tell me about it. But so far he's the only child out of 3, that saw ghost. My youngest son (middle child) never brought up anything. But my oldest son when he was around 1, would be playing by himself, at my mom, and he would be giggling and pointing, like someone was standing beside him playing. Or floating, since he would also point towards the ceiling. My dad and brother have both passed, so I assumed it was them checking in on us. But my almost 2 year old daughter doesn't really show much behavior of seeing them either. I'm not sure how it all works with how, or why, some are sensitive, and other's not.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Thank you kikigirl. I'm excited to see someone added one of my stories to their favorite. I've told this one to so many of my friend's, but was worried about how well I'd be able to write it. Unfortunately I'm no longer close to this friend, due to growing apart with our lives. But I know if I ever ran into any issue's with any paranormal activity, that gets out of control (I hope this never happens), I know I can still count on her to help. She's the one that told me that it's not always as much as my place's I've stayed in is haunted, but that I seem to attract them. I constantly feel them around me, but I've learned not to give them attention, and luckily I haven't had any problem's with them. As for my oldest son (the one mentioned in this story), I always assumed the ghost's he said that about, were just purposely trying to scare him. He had brought up another scary face ghost, in the apartment we moved into after moving from this place. I got mad at it one night for constantly scaring him, I told it to stop doing that, and it did. Most of my hauntings besides feeling them watch me, and what happened to me when I was little, are mostly just little thing's they've done that I guess was to be funny, or noticed. Thank you for enjoying my story, and hopefully you will enjoy my next one. I'm waiting for it to be submitted.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Twilight! I have added your story to my favorites! What an interesting read. It is wonderful to have a friend in a time of need, no matter what the circumstance/s. And, it is really accepting and kind of you to meet her and her beliefs half-way. I can only imagine your experiences to be incredibly scary - for future, there is a list of ghost hunters in several countries of the world on YGS under Directories. So, if you are ever in that situation again, you will have people who are familiar with this kind of thing to help you and look into it.

Some people are incredibly sensitive, like J and can see and talk to spirit/s - it comes as naturally to them as breathing. Some people like you are sensitive to the invisible-world and you feel things and sometimes catch a glimpse of something unusual. It is perfectly natural and a lot of people, actually, have a gift or two whether they know it or not.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that your son said their faces were horrible or disfigured. As far as I know, maybe some one can correct me here - ghosts and spirits are not horrible looking or evil looking, they look like normal people or bright lights. The only time a ghost might look that way is if he/she died suddenly, and in such a way that would cause him/her to look that way - like in an unexpected terrible car crash. None the less, not ALL of the spirits in the house should have that appearance.

It is fortunate that you have found your way onto YGS and shared your story. I appreciate it that you have made it clear that you are here with an open-mind and heart, with experiences of your own that you are looking to make sense of. We are all here doing the same thing. I look forward to reading more of your stories and posts if you should have any to "jot-down" in future.

*Kiki!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: