You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demons Among Us

Real Ghost Stories

Demons Among Us

 

When I was 17 years old, I was attacked by an evil spirit, or, as some call them, demons. Me and my family lived in a three bedroom home, in Danville Ill. One day, when I got home around 5:30 pm from work, my mom was still cooking dinner and I walked up to her saying Hi and looked at what she was cooking. I gave her a kiss and then I went to my room to listen to some music, because dinner wasn't ready. I clayed down on my bed and put on my headphones. I heard the DJ talking, and he put on the Beatles. As the song took off, all was fine, the song was on like I've heard it before, but this time, something went all wrong.

As I heard the song, a person spoke to me. He said "Satan Satan Satan". I also heard like crickets in the background and I could still hear the song, but faintly. As soon as I heard that, I said "No No No" out loud. I went to get up, as I sat up on my bed, a hand grabbed me and pushed me down, that thing was strangling me, I could feel his fingers on me. I also felt his legs and him sitting on my waist. I grabbed his arm, but couldn't see anything, just a hole around my hands, it felt like an arm and like he had warts. My room got cold, like 30 below zero, and smelled sulphur. I tried to get him off me but couldn't. When I knew that evil spirit would kill me, I tried to pray but couldn't say a word, because he was squeezing. That's when I said, in my mind, "God have mercy on me, I'll change, I'll be good!", and as soon I said that, it was gone. If I had not called on God's help, I would had died that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

LiZ_SaUnDeRs (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
I enjoyed your story... I have had a horrible Sleep Paralysis experience and many other strange experiences I just found what sleep paralysis was that's to this wonderful site it shocked me to know many go through the same things I do and that I'm not crazy... It really happens to others... I have not always believed in this type of stuff but now I definatly do... I use to have horrible dreams and feel watched all the time and sometimes I still do but God is the only one who makes me feel better... This story touched my heart... IT SHOWS GOD IS ALWAYS LISTENING ESPECIALLY WHEN WE NEED HIS HELP
Melanie (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Hi all, I just wanted to share something in response to Henry16. Well, let's say a mother was taking a stroll with her daughter skipping along side her when all of a sudden the daughter trips and badly injures her knees. The daughter is in pain and crying, the mother rushes over and picks up her daughter and kisses her injury and speaks words of comfort to make her stop crying. This is how God is with us... He walks along side us and when we fall He is there to uplift and comfort us because He is like a father. God doesn't make bad things happen to us, but when it does He is there to counsel and put us under His wings. We are all God's children and He will never command the demons to harm us just as good praents will never harm their children.
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
I agree with part of what DemonSora said, not all demons are evil just like not all angels are good.
Bloodless (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
A friend of my mother was at a party when he was a teen. His friends had been reading a book of Necronomic spells. He had gone outside to smoke while they were doing whatever it was they were doing and, when he returned, one of the boys had been levitated above the ground.

Some time later, all of those who had read the book died of unnatural causes or suicides or accidents... All unexplainable and unexpected.

Demons and evil spirits, human and inhuman, they are not to be messed with. Count yourself lucky you survived!
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
No demon is good. Period. Pretty crazy, the stuff I read from people on here, how they come to these conclusions, I'll never know. A demon can portray themseleves to be an angel of light, but that doesn't stop them from being demons.
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
DemonSora
Some demons are good? Way do you think that. Send me a message whith the answer I need to now how you come to believe that
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
i have just had a thought this is probably not true but, do you think god could be deploying these demons to make people suffer for there sins and to make them become catholic or whatever religion you are, or to cleanse your soul? I am not religious but I have had some supernatural experiences
akatsukiconcubine (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
has it happened again? If it has perform exorcism to cleanse and keep it from happening.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
wow that's really shocking. Be careful, God is always with us, but some demons are good! 😨
xXGhosty_GirlXx (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
wow that's scary. I have never had something like that happen. I'm glad your ok. You can never be to careful
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
Whitebuffalo,

You are absolutely correct, however as with the case was for me when I was younger and less experienced, it was hard to explain the situation and my experiences. I was only refering to the fact that you have to do whatever possible to protect yourself, sometimes it is hard to believe the truth or people will downplay your experience with science. The truth to a Clergyman or Priest would definately get some results or direction. Thank you. V III.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Uh, if you are going to a priest for help in the matter of demons, wouldn't the truth be a better tactic than telling him the blessed cross is for a birthday? The birth of Peace, maybe, but...
Honesty is still the best solution in this problem. Sure, you will have the clergymen that shy away from the area of paranormal, but if you are diligent and ask questions, maybe someone can point you in the right direction. Read the bulletin boards in churches, pick up a readers digest, look into other spiritual literature from places like the Salvation Army, and missions around your area. If nothing else, walk into a retirement community that is faith based and ask for the chapel and perhaps the official there. Do not lie about any part of it, as all it will do is draw attention to the one lie and cause people to wonder if the rest of your words were also not the truth.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Chicano457,

This happened when you were 17. Does this happen now in a smaller manner? I advise you to buy a Cross go to Church place Holywater over the Cross, tell the priest to bless the cross because of a Birthday or whatever you feel more comfortable with. Place this item in your bedroom, ask god to give this sacred item his Love and Strength with Prayer, you will have a very strong weopon on your side Forever. V III.
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
The end part reminded me of a terrifying dream I had in which I said to God "Ok ok I will obey next time!" (I had gone back to sleep after my husband left for work; something he told me NOT to do as he knew I experienced a lot of satanic attack when he was gone)

As soon as I said those words the demon left.

Anyway, do you know what could have caused this attack? Were you into anything occultic at the time?
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
Demons are definatly real. Having had similar things happen to me I can attest to it. Every single time I called Out for God it would end immediatly. God is the ONLY way. Seems as if you learned from it. May God bless you. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
i guess at times we all need reminded that God is the only true way.

i am so glad that this renewed and instilled your faith in you as a final destination.

God Bless!
nhouse (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
Your story is an example of what you should do when you encounter a demon which has either paralyzed you or is preventing you from moving or speaking. If you can't speak agianst it, think it.
nairb_cool (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
That's also happened to my father, when he was alive, that incident was done by demons!
xXitsaXsecretXx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
thats happened to both my aunt and her nieghbor... They were attacked and were both being choked... Very scary...
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
Oh my god! Some of my family members have experience similar things. I'm glad your ok and happily married!

May God be with you always!
HOLY MOLY (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
the same thing happened to one of my friends he was a goth and did not believe in god he told me about but a few months late he died of unknown causes
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
God will save all.
Don't doubt his strength.
God is infinity, he couldn't be matched in strength, and he cannot be killed.
chicano457 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
some people ask me if I was bad person cause I said ill change ill be good but at the time I didn`t smoke or drink beer (get drunk) or was a bad person what ever we all call bad. But I'm happy I didn`t die .im married for 19 years have three boys 17,16,14 and happy :)
bikerchic (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
that happened to me one night... I was home alone with my son... He was 2 months old... And he was sleeping... I was lying on the couch and just turned the lights and tv off... When I heard a sound comin from the back by the bedroom... It sounded like the sound from a boomerang... A whipping sound... The sound traveled down my hallway and when it got to my livingroom where I was laying it was a black cloud that shot right out of the hallway and came right over me and hovered... Once it was over me I could feel a pair of hands holding my feet and legs down and another pair of hands wrapped around my throat and choked me... I was frozen solid... I tried to move and break free but it was like I was parylized... After it quit choking me it tried pulling me off the couch by the shoulders of my nightgown. Then it choked me some more... Finally it just vanished after I started thinking about god... When it left I sat straight up and turned all lights on and just prayed real hard... Power of prayer really works...
CMS (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
that shound kinda like what happend to my grandfather when he was liying in bed in the night it was chicking him and he thought it was my grand mother antill she turned on the lights to see what was wrong and he had scraches all over his chest and hand prints on his neck from being chocked
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-10)
hmm, that sounds exactly what happened to my ex-boyfriend. Only a demon was choking him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: