You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Doppleganger at Tagaytay

Real Ghost Stories

The Doppleganger at Tagaytay

 

Now that I live in United States, I only go back and visit Philippines. One of my vacations over there, we went to Tagaytay. We have a rest house over there and we have someone who takes care of it. My grandmother, my maid, my uncle, mom, brother and 4 cousins and 2 aunties were with us. All of them wanted to go swimming right when we got there, but I needed to get ready still. I told them they can go already and I'll just follow them.

It was only me and my own maid left inside the house. I call her Yaya. I couldn't find my bathing suit so then I asked her. But she just kept walking around the house and acting like she couldn't hear me. When I found my suit, I went where others were and I saw my yaya in the pool already. But I could've sworn that she was still in the house wearing pants and a tank top. But she was already in the pool wearing her swimsuit. I realized it's really impossible for her to get dress that quick. When I asked her, "weren't you just inside? You wouldn't even listen to me" and then she told me that she was the very first one to go outside the house. But I was sure about who I saw inside.

I just ignored that incident, but when I was reading a book, it mentioned about a "doppleganger " the description that was on the book was that, these dopplegangers copy people's faces and they wear different clothes. And they show up for a little while and they disappear.

Honestly, I don't know how this is related to my story, but I know that, that was what happened to me at Tagaytay. Does anyone know or had the same experience that I did? If so, I really need your help. Thank you !

Other hauntings by bbyguhrlx3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bbyguhrlx3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hi there. I read your story about doppleganger and what I can say is that these type of spirits are fond of mimicing people around us. I got used to them because I had experinced it once and the other one just used my form when I was still in college. They are harmless though.
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
to frawin, thanks for reading my story. Honestly, when I was in little I admit I was kind of bratty. L0L. Mostly because I had my own maid to do everything for me. But it changed ever since I moved.

and to the rest :

I was pretty sure that I saw that person's face and I don't think it was just my imagination. I saw it from the back and front because she was walking around the house.
AzureLycan (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
well, I think you may be right about the doppleanger thing. My teacher made us study Gothic movies and books for months on end, so I'm kind of adept at this subject. Doppelgangers arent always aiming to destroy someone's life, sometimes they're actually harbingers and they appear to those who care for the person it emulates, as for any solutions to protect yourself against it, I don't really know any, sorry, but you should keep an eye on your Yaya to make sure she's ok
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Hi bbyguhrl. I'm wondering the same thing as Mustang, did you see her from the front or back? Maybe it wasn't even her. It could have been the residing spirit who just happened to stroll through when you saw her. By the sound of your story, it sounds like you don't live there anymore. Have you seen anything else, (anywhere, anytime) that seemed as unusual as this? Thanks for the story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi bbyguhrlx3. Wow that name is LONG! 😆Gee whiz, I wish I had a Yaya! I could use some help around my house. =) Anyway, I have never experienced a 'Doppleganger' so I am not sure on that aspect of the story. I wonder though, if your Yaya is used to doing things for you and she was in the pool before helping you get yourself together, maybe she DID Astral Project herself to you unknowingly. To explain better of what I mean is that she knew you weren't outside yet and thought to herself maybe she should have come in with you to help you first before getting into the pool so she Astral Projected herself and didn't realize it. It's questionable of what it could have been. Did you see her from the the front or from the back? If it was from the back, maybe it wasn't her at all but a ghost! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
bbyguhrlx3, in going with KimSouthO's description, I do not think this was a doppelganger. If she were an "evil twin" I think she may have noticed you were there. She did nothing evil.
From what I think I know of Astral Projection, your Yaya would have possibly known she had been there. I think you are aware of things that go on around you while astrally projecting. I think.
To me, I would tend to think it was neither. I do not know what it could have been, and I will not pretend to give you advice. I do not think this was an evil presence though, based solely on the fact that she did no evil towards you save ignoring you.
Thank you for your story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
I just researched 'Doppleganger' briefly and according to Norse mytholog, they can be considered 'evil twin'. I am not sure what it is you saw, but there are many thoerys that entities will manifest in the form of another to get your attention, because it is the best and wisest use of energy, etc. Before jumoing to conclusions regarding the evil aspect, I would simply have your vacation home blessed.

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Well bbyguhrlx3, It could have been a doppleganger like Chris have said and astral projection is a good possibility but here`s something else to think about. It could have been a creation of your own mind, not necessarily your imagination but your creation. It seems to me (I maybe wrong) that you are highly dependent on your maid and when you couldn`t find your swimsuit right away you "went" to the one person you always counted on- the maid. I maybe completely off base here but it`s something to think about. Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
hi bbyguhrlx3,
it may have been astral projection, I've read on that a lot and it sounds like a good possiblity. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
I heard of something like that to. Like you say bbyguhrlx3 they copy your looks but there not them. I don't know much about them but I heard that they are evil. But I maybe mistacken and if I am please correct me. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: