You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Gangster And The Voice

Real Ghost Stories

The Gangster And The Voice

 

"Better cross to the other side of the street"

"Don't let your son play with that kid"

"Better wear runners today"...

For as long as I can remember every so often some ideas pop up in my head for no apparent motive and without any personal effort. They are almost like a voice speaking nonsense in my brain; sometimes I try to reason against it or simply ignore it only to find out that the stranger walking the street on my direction was a @$& groper; or the cute three year old my son was trying to befriend was nothing but a spoiled brat; or that September 19, 1985 when I had to walk for almost four hours through the streets of Mexico City after the public transport was disrupted due to a strong earthquake, fortunately that day I listened to the voice and decided against wearing high heels.

Before getting married, I used to live with my family in a working class neighborhood consisting of six blocks arranged in two rows of three blocks, and situated between a subdivision of apartment buildings and a tall brick wall running all the length of the three blocks; the wall was the last remnant of an old foundry that was relocated when the city began to grow.

My house was in a corner across from the wall, which was used like an improvised fronton (handball) court by the youth of the area who would spend long hours playing in the street paying no heed to the local traffic nor to the pedestrians walking by, but since people knew each other there was no major conflict.

With time, the fame of the wall attracted many other young men of dubious reputation and with their arrival came all sorts of problems: alcohol and drugs found their way into the court; they formed little gangs that didn't mind harassing the locals.

Due to the location of my house, it was common for some of the balls to land on the roof, sometimes the guys would ask for permission to climb to the roof to get their ball, if nobody was home some of them would just leave but some others would just get to the roof and retrieve the balls without caring that they were trespassing private property.

One day I came home just to find one of the worst of these men on the roof of my house, when he got down I told him that what he had done was wrong. Of course he wouldn't take to being told off by a girl in front of his cronies and began insulting and threatening me.

I was angry and afraid, I knew he was a gangster that wouldn't think twice to harm me or my family; my legs were shaking but I stood my ground and told him to go fly a kite. We engaged in a short exchange of insults and cuss words, I stopped talking when 'the voice' said in my head "No te preocupes, lo van a matar en la calle" (Do not worry, he will get killed in the street).

The shock of this thought made me walk away trying to understand what just had happened.

A short time later, perhaps a month to six weeks after this incident, the young man had an encounter with a rival gang while leaving a little convenience store in the turf of his enemies. They killed him by smashing his head with the heavy cement lid of a manhole.

Hearing the news was upsetting, at some point I blamed myself for thinking about him getting killed, but after reviewing what happened during our brief encounter I came to realize that I never wished for his death and that 'the voice' had only warned me of something that would happen just like it has been doing for so many times in my life.

I know he was a gangster but I felt and still feel sorry for the way he died.

Thanks for reading my experience.

Other hauntings by lady-glow

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lady-glow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-01-31)
Lovely Lady Glow,
I'm so glad you don't mind me bringing up what happened. It must be hard witnessing such an awful situation. I think if we lived close to each other, we'd chat for days, have endless cups of coffee and listen and tell each other about our life experiences. I know I don't know you, but I truly have enjoyed reading your comments, your wit, your detective skills, and most of all your utter straight forwardness. You are a beacon of knowledge and that can only come from continuous contribution to this site, intellect, and your own experiences.
I look forward to reading your new experiences when you get a chance to write about them. Your YGS friend and fan. X
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-31)
CrimsonTopaz.

Don't worry about bringing up any unwanted feelings, it's always nice to know that people still reads my stories. And don't worry about karma points, personally, I think that reading a comment is better than getting karma points.

I have a couple of experiences that want to share... Just need to find the time and inspiration to start writing them. πŸ˜•
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-01-29)
Lady Glow, I can't imagine what you went through. I hope I'm not bringing up unwanted feelings from the past by commenting on your past experiences. There's so much to read here. Most of the interesting encounters, experiences, and situations are from members like you who share so much. Typical of the system to take away my ability to give points to you and a couple of others. I guess I'll have to wait a day or so and try again.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-28)
CrimsonTopaz.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my old stories.

This incident was sad and it took me a while to understand that my thoughts had nothing to do with the outcoming of his choices in life. Still, it was sad that his young life had to end in such a violent way.

Best regards.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-01-28)
Ladyglow, That man must have scared you out of your witts. You sound like you were a very brave youngster. I just read a story that limey had published here on YGS and it sounds like you are also gifted and fortunate like limey to be able to see events before they happen. That poor man who died in such horrific way was mixing with the wrong people. It wasn't your fault for thinking it, you weren't thinking it, you were actually predicting it.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Oh LG, I would say that such non-violent teachings of yours can even put violent souls to right path and this overexaggerated person is merely a mortal human being 😁 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚.

Sending you lots of positivity from my side.

Regards
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Thanks lady-glow! Like Melda, I also tried to correct the downvote you received for Spirits in New Home but was directed to vote for someone else. Have a groovy weekend.
Manafon (The One M)
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
lady-glow - Thanks. I tried to correct your minus point on Spirits in New Home but I'm not allowed to vote for you, have to vote for somebody else 😒 I'm sure somebody else will correct it though.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Manafon, not 'managing'!πŸ™„

505050505050505050505050!?!?!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Melda, Michael and Managing (3 M's) - I fixed karmatroll's petty actions. If he's here judt to take away, there are more of us to give.

Have a good weekend. 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Karmatroll - good morning from the super natural BC.

I see you have been active today, don't you have more fulfilling things to do in life other than down-voting comments on this forum?πŸ€”

Let's play a game, shall we? - you should check my Karma tally every time you are active and see how closer to zero I get after your intervention... So far I got 64 positive points since the last time you'took' my points away... I'm crying!πŸ˜‚

It would be great if, one day, you decided to put aside whatever your problem is and join this wonderful community.

Until next time.😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-01)
CuriousDee - thanks for reading and commenting on my experience, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, I'm thankful for the voice's advice, it has saved me from trouble in many occasions, though I can be very stubborn and not always listen. 0_0
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
LG,

I'm 'late to the party' with this account, but just came across it and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. You are blessed to hear your guide clearly and to know when to heed their warning.

Thanks for sharing a great read 😊
Dee
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-03)
lady-glow,
Are you saying the troll patrol should be at the ready, because it's about to be open season on trolls? πŸ˜‰
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-03)
It's raining trolls, hallelujah!
It's raining trolls...🎢

It's only October 3rd and DA trolls are already coming out!
Gang, get ready for Halloween. πŸ™„
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2017-09-21)
Hi Lady-Glow

Glad you have a spirit voice guiding you and that you were mindful enough to heed it. Sometimes after a near-miss incident, be it trip hazard, falling branch, speeding car or the time lightning struck the road just after we passed by, I can almost sense a guardian presence watching over me, for want of a better description. You are truly "in tune" with your inner senses to actually hear the voice. Thanks for sharing - really enjoyed reading about your experience.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-22)
Hi Lady Glow,

I'm really rather fascinated by your description of the voice, being neither male nor female and without inflection. I agree with what others have said, this sounds like a guardian type of entity.

You probably don't need reminding about Msforgetmeknott's voice encounters. It seems like you both experience a very similar thing. Cool stuff!

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to hear about the submission order stuff up, that sucks!
roylynx (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Senhora lady-glow,
My grandmother is always the best person around me and I loved her very much, unfortunately she has passed away when I was 17. She belonged to the TapirapΓ©, a tribe in the Amazons, she kept her believes and was indeed very wise... I miss her sometimes even these days...

Oh yes, about the senses it is basically just some "sixth sense" skills that we know of, there is knowing the future (the spider's vibe), dream telling (sense of dolphin?), I think the last two are related to being able to see or hear spirits (jaguar's sight or sense) and I really forgotten what the last one is... Something of a type of bird? πŸ˜•

For TapirapΓ© nature plays an important role, they believe that nature brings them the ability of supernatural, so the names of the ability might sounds kind of like a Marvel's Super Hero πŸ˜†

Thanks for being interested! 😁

E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-18)
Roylynx: your Grandmother sounds like a very wise woman, I would like to know more about the four extra senses.

Val, Melda and Biblio: thanks for reading and commenting on my story.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
lady-glow,
I really love the way you met your husband as told in the comments. That is so sweet.
I'm not sure why some of us hear voices and some don't, but it sounds like yours has done a good job. 😊
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
Oh horrific... I really hate those gangsters! There's lots in Brazil too but it is getting better after the Olympic in Rio, just a little better than before...

Anyway, it is sad to know that someone is harmed even if that person is our worst enemy, really! Everyone is born from a mother... So sad...

Senhora, thanks for sharing such story!

My grandmother used to say that gifted people would have the greatest 9 senses, 4 senses more than normal person. One of the 4 senses in their tribe is called the "spider's vibe", no, not Spider-man...

This "spider's vibe" sense is known to be able to overview one person's future, like as you have described, you would not know a specific date but you would know what will happen to that person. My grandmother used to say that if the person has such sense, a spirit of a spider is controlling the person's mind, so there is the reason of the name "spider's vibe".

No sure but this is a gift from god I think.

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
lady-glow - Thanks for sharing that wonderful experience in your comment, what a romantic way to meet your soul mate 😊.

Regards, Melda
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-16)
Greetings, lady-glow:

I know just what you mean by the "a random thought that I didn't think" being in your head; I've had that happen a couple of times, and it has --on at least one occasion-- saved my life. I'm glad you trusted the voice and met your husband, too. It's good to have love and support without feeling like you had to surrender control.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-16)
Manafon & Macknorton: I do not recognize the voice neither can tell if it is male or female; when it talks to me is mostly in short sentences with no inflection and never repeats itself, not even when I go against its advice, it kind of let's me learn the hard way without nagging at me for my poor choices.

Melda: I'm not allowed to vote for you at the moment.😐

I know what you mean, if thoughts could become known I wouldn't only be in jail, but serving several life time sentences!

When the voice talks to me it is just like a random thought that I didn't think and it does it in short commands or warnings but usually never gives a justification or consequence about what could happen if I don't listen.

There're very few occasions in which the voice has let me know a little more than its usual short sentence and, somehow, showed me a possibility of what could happen if I followed its advice.

Before getting married, I used to travel a lot due to my job; when going to a new place or to an interesting location I always would extend my stay and enjoy the nearby attractions.
By then I was dating a Mexican guy, S, who, like many Latino men, wasn't happy to see me traveling alone and at some point couldn't take my trips any more.

One time I went to a beach destination and decided to take part in a boat tour for the beautiful bay and islands of the place. When S hear my plan he exploded and wished me to "meet a wonderful man".
I was ready to cancel the tour and to change my plane ticket but the voice told me not to do it.
Once in the boat the only Spanish speaking persons besides me were the two members of the crew and they were busy doing their work, the rest were foreign tourists traveling in small groups.
I was upset at S's reaction and to his unfair idea that I'd be spending my time in the company of someone.
At some point a Canadian guy approached me trying to start a conversation with me in Spanish, at the beginning I just answer with "Si" and "No". But again the voice came to my rescue saying something like "Let S's wishes come true" and I answer in a more friendly and civilized way.
A little over two years later I married this wonderful guy from the tour!

RANDY: I'm not sure if the voice belongs to a deceased family member or to a spirit guide; sometimes I think it could be my paternal Grandmother whom I never met because she passed away many years before I was born. But there's no doubt that, whoever the voice belongs to, their patience is great... Having to deal with someone as stubborn as me can't be that easy.

Thank you all for your comments.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-16)
Lady-Glow

Very interesting experience

Sounds like you have a higher spirit or spirit guide watching over
You. I'm certain it's obvious that you pay attention to what you hear and your gut instinct tells you. Sounds like it has served you well.

Thanks
YGS pal
Randy
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
lady-glow - What a nasty experience that must have been. Having these guys constantly on your property and on your roof would try the patience of a saint, so I'm not surprised that you had a go at him, gangster or not!

Even so, of course you didn't wish death on him. I have no doubt that you didn't have very good thoughts towards him and neither would I in that situation. I hate to admit it but if the thoughts I've had about certain individuals became known, I'd probably be behind bars! You know, things like "next time I'll lop your head off".

Do you always hear a voice or is it simply a thought that crosses your mind? From your story it seems to be both. I ask this because I get "flash thoughts" (no voices) which actually materialize.

I would really be interested to know the manner in which these premonitions come to you.

Great story!

Regards, Melda
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Fascinating stuff lady-glow! Maybe the telepathic messages you receive are from some long deceased relative who, sharing a familial bond, feels compelled to look out for you.

Is the voice male or female? Does it have any particular inflection? I am curious if it seems motherly or avuncular (depending on the gender), which might suggest a possible familial connection. Of course it could just be a helpful spirit that has taken a shine to you! Either way, it seems to care about your well being. Kinda nice. 😊
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Hi Ladyglow
Thanks for sharing. Was the voice one you recognised?
This reminds me of a time I went to see a show put in by a medium in NZ many years ago.
After the show I was in the car driving home and I was thinking how much I'd like to be able to do that kind of work when a very clear voice in an Indian accent, in my head, said "Meditate! Meditate!"
The voice was strongly urging me. It wasn't my mind and it wasn't in my ears, just inside my mind.
Very intriguing stuff 😊
Regards
Mack
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Hi Lady-glow,
To my understanding, if a story is on-hold for a day or two, it might be the last one to be published, but it'll be in the end of the list on the public site as it was submitted earlier than the other ones. The delay could be caused for several reasons. I know it doesn't seem quite 'fair', but that's how the system handles it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
MODERATORS: sorry to bother you but, why are the latest stories not appearing in the proper order?
The "fresher" ones are mixed up among the older ones and, in the case of this story, it isn't showing in the list of Latest Hauntings even though it was published today. πŸ˜•

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: