You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Acceptance of Paranormal Activity

Real Ghost Stories

Acceptance of Paranormal Activity

 

I will never in my life forget the night that I first laid eyes on the ghost that inhabits my bedroom. I had just moved my bedroom from the third floor of our house down to the basement because my older brother moved into his own place and the basement boasted more room for myself and a lot more privacy.

I was soundly sleeping and anyone would tell you, I sleep like a rock and it takes A LOT to wake me up. Suddenly my eyes shot open. I wasn't at all groggy or "out of it" as people usually are when they suddenly awaken in the middle of the night. I was very awake and very aware. The first thing I saw were the bright red lights of my alarm clock that read 3:15am. I peered over slowly across my room and that's when I saw it. She was standing at the foot of my bed. An older woman, short and on the heavy side. She was wearing a shall and holding it over her shoulders, her hair was pulled back neatly in a tight bun. She looked like the "old italian grandmother" type. She had the most serious look to her face, not mean or angry-just serious. Her entire figure was a grey/white color but I could distinctly make out her facial features and I will never in my life forget her face.

I was so shocked that I couldn't move. I literally could not convey any emotion whether it be horror, happiness, or sadness. It was as if I was frozen with shock and even stranger, I didn't feel scared. After probably 15-20 seconds of complete eye contact I was able to slam my eyelids shut and when I reopened my eyes she was gone. Somehow I managed to fall back asleep that night and I soon understood that the ghost wasn't a dark spirit because she never made me feel scared.

Since this experience, I've had many, many other strange things happen in my bedroom, but I have never seen the ghost again. Pictures will fall of the wall in the middle of the night, candles or odd objects will literally be flung across my bedroom, the door will slowly creak open and hit the wall with a thud at random times, jewelry will disappear and never be seen again (my girlfriends pair of gold earrings completely vanished, along with a few of my earrings and chains).

It's come to the point where I accept that I share my bedroom with a ghost. If she's screwing with me I simply say out loud "Cut it out!" or "Stop it", "Go away" and it usually works. I think of myself as having the gift of experiencing paranormal activity and as I've gotten older I've learned to accept it, to even cherish it because it's not an ability many people have. I know the instance I enter a new place whether spirits or energies are present.

One night me and my girlfriend were at my sister's house babysitting my niece when we suddenly BOTH heard the faint but clear as crystal whispers of children coming from the baby monitor (at the time my niece was only a couple months old and hadn't even started baby babbling). I ran up the stairs to my niece's bedroom thinking someone had broken into the house, only to find her soundly sleeping and the room to be deathly silent.

I'm convinced that someone was drowned in the 2nd floor bath tub of my home. When I was younger I used to love taking baths, but became completely horrified and envisioned a strangers hands holding me underwater whenever I would dunk my head under to rinse out shampoo. I think that spirits are attracted to me because my list of paranormal experiences can go on and on.

My mother told me she used to see the ghost of a woman walking back and forth from the bathroom (the visions of someone being drowned) and my bedroom when my bedroom was upstairs. One night as I was driving home from a friends house all alone, I peered over into the passenger seat and saw the faint figure of a little girl sitting right next to me. I slammed the car to a stop and had to get out and recollect myself afterwards.

Just last night I was at a friends house (where he also experiences paranormal activity regularly) and just sitting there, watching television, I said to myself "I've never had any weird experiences here, I wonder why?" and at that exact moment there was a loud bang on my friends bedroom door to where everyone in the room jumped in horror because nobody else was in the house.

As I said before, I've come to the point that where I accept the fact that the paranormal is attracted to me. I truly believe it's a gift rather than a burden. I've yet to experience any negative energy or had any negative paranormal experiences so that might change (lol) but for now I accept it and I think it's pretty cool.

Other hauntings by ant1111

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ant1111, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ThePhantom (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Good that you see this as a special gift, and that your not afraid of it. As a child I some times knew things that I could not possibly know at that time. Like the one time my grandmother was verry ill, and about a few weeks before she would die, my mother took me to a friend of my mom, when I al off the sudden start telling her and her friend that my grand mother was in the hospital, and she might die. It scared the hell out of my mother, couse she only talked about my grandmother's illness when I was at scool.
nepaivnestigations (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Hey Anthony,

I find it amazing that you have this capability to have spirits drawn to you. It's people like you that can confirm what most people want to believe, that the after life does exist. My question to you is, have you ever been able to capture anything on camera? Have you ever attempted to? This could help you confirm your beliefs, as well as get an understanding of what's around you. I look forward to your repsonse.
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
It's good you have come to terms with your gift. I admire you for that. Same as you, I can FEEL spirit's presence, good thing I cannot "see" them outright, I just got the feeling and then a vague vision of what they look like... Hope you share more of your stories...
Kalessehuine (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
I've never actually seen anything, I just getting feelings. Well, actually, now that I think about it, I do see faces a lot. I see them in the patterns of things like leaves, clouds, water, tie-dye patterns in clothing, wood, and lots of other places. I also see things out of the corner of my eye. I love the fact that you aren't afraid. It's refreshing. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi Anthony,
I think the first experience a person has sets the mood for the rest. What I mean to say is that if our first encounter is rather frightening, we seem to back out of future situations with fear at the back of our minds, even if that particular experience was not scary.
I am pleased that you are so comfortable with your abilities. Sometimes they take a while to get used to 😉. I hope to read more from you on here, as I think you must have a closet full just waiting to see daylight.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Anthony, I'm glad you've found and accept your gift. That's a wonderful thing. It's great that you realize that there are some things that you do not have to fear. Good luck with your future encounters. Thanks for sharing your story. I also haven't any scary experiences in recent times and don't think everything is cause for fear.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: