You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Experiences Throughout My Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences Throughout My Childhood

 

Hey guys, thanks to those of you who took the time to read my other post "Albert"!

I wanted to share some of my paranormal experiences in my childhood. It seems that now I've left puberty and my adolescent years, I haven't experienced anything for a couple of years, sadly. I do remember feeling lucky to have had these experiences, even though they can be pretty creepy. My post is a little long, here goes.

-Other than Albert, one of my first experiences I can remember is when I was visiting my Nan's grave with my Mum. I must have been very little, and it was a couple of years after she died. I heard a really happy, peaceful voice call my name. I was stood by some bushes and there were 2 ladies talking to each other behind these bushes, but it was mumbling and couldn't possibly have been them. It was clear as day crystal clear, like someone was right next to me (I don't really know how to explain it). My Mum looked up at me from tending to my Nan's grave and asked me what I was doing, and I said I heard a woman call my name and she didn't have a clue what I was on about. She was also 20 feet away from me and low on the ground, so she would have been almost shouting up to me to call my name. This voice was quiet and calm. I'm convinced it was my Nan from beyond the grave.

-At my Aunt's old house, I was sleeping in one of the spare rooms. It was the biggest room. One night I couldn't sleep, and I was very accustomed to sensing someone in a particular area of a room in general throughout my childhood. Usually, adults would pick up something in the same areas, and it was always where I sensed things. I was a human ghost hot spot, lol. Anyway, this night I sensed very strongly a ghost of a highwayman in the room with me. He was stood about 20-15ft away from me staring at me. He had on all black clothing, with a long black coat that went to his calves, almost ankles. He had on the typical tricorne hat that highwaymen wore and he was staring at me with his hands on his hips, his legs wide apart in a confronting manner and he had on black boots. I faced the wall shaking and eventually got to sleep with the duvet over my face.

Unsurprisingly, I never slept in that room again. I did see another ghost in the toilet opposite that room. One night, I was going to use the toilet when I saw the backs of someone's legs going into the toilet and them shutting the door. I heard the toilet flush, but nobody ever came out of the bathroom. The next day, I asked if anyone used the toilet and they all adamantly said "no". This figure had its back to me the whole time. My aunt told me that I saw a figure of an old lady walking down the hallway once and she's also seen her.

I have to be honest and say that I can't remember the old lady, but my Aunt is also gifted. She got mediums in from a spiritualist church and her hallway is a portal for ghosts to come through. A friend of my aunt's was at her house and went upstairs to use the toilet once and she's also seen a man up there and said hello to him thinking it's my Uncle and he never replied. He was going into the room that I saw the man in. She went downstairs to tell my aunt that she's seen my uncle and my aunt said there's nobody home except those two.

My aunt's also seen the man on multiple occasions, once when she got in from shopping, and she looked up the stairs to see him leaning on the banister of the top of the stairs staring at her, but when she looked up he backed off moving his head back from her as if he didn't want to be seen spying on her. She told him to go away. He did. There is a huge history of highwaymen in England.

-I lived with my Dad for a number of years, his house was so haunted. When we moved in, we were told that the house had a couple die in the Victorian times, and in those days, they'd lay your body out in the dining room/living room until the body was collected. It had a lot of activity there. My Stepmum and I have heard footsteps going up the stairs, like a heavy fat old man with boots on. Slow, creaking footsteps. My Dad is big, but he was at work that day. I've seen the ghost of a Victorian dressed woman gliding along the upstairs hallway past my room, very transparent, with a beautiful old-fashioned Victorian style dress traipsing behind her. She was staring straight ahead of her. I also saw a solid black figure in my room when I was in bed one night, but it didn't scare me at all. I actually felt quite safe around it. My Dad and Stepmum have seen figures there, my Dad's seen solid black figures in the kitchen when he got in late from work.

The most strangest experiences were when the whole family went to bed upstairs, the downstairs woke up. It was like the ghost family lived down there and recreated what we did but at night. Cupboards opening in the dining room (which was right underneath my room), people going up and down the stairs, walking around downstairs, banging noises and whispering/talking.

One night I woke up at 3am to hear people upstairs and the voices sounded exactly like my Dad's, stepmum's and stepbrothers. I was a little upset that they didn't wake me and were up so early at 3am not talking to me and also confused. I heard the bathroom door creaking and what I thought was them walking along the hallway, talking matter of fact with each other. We were going on holiday that day to Spain, so I thought perhaps that's why they somehow got up extra early. This was summer 2010. It did suddenly go silent after what felt like forever... That morning, I asked them all if they'd been up early and they all said no with a face as if to say, "Why would we be up at 3am without you?" It was very odd. The ghosts took on their exact voices, it sounded exactly like them. They were adamant that they were all asleep.

Many strange occurrences happened in that house. The conservatory always felt like people were sitting in the chairs watching you at night, only at night. I've seen a huge Rottweiler who's strong and was aggressive to other dogs run into the conservatory and bolt back out from something. Breathing has been heard from outside the bathroom door when you're in the bathroom. Orbs have been seen floating around, very strange activity.

-When I moved back to live with my Mum, we moved into a little flat in the town centre. Her room was awful, and I felt it had a very short man in it who felt nasty that was at the end of her bed. She used to have nightmares that someone stood over her in her dreams and she'd wake up screaming.

I had a dream once that there was a ginger haired man in my bedroom doorway smiling at me watching me protectively. He had on one of those knitted Y top things that old men wear over a shirt. It was really sunny in my dream and the sun shine in all around him. I woke up straight away, and it was sunny in my room away, the time was 10am. It was like I was seeing him but in a dream state, but at that exact time he must have been there as the room was the same shade and light the minute I woke up. I didn't feel frightened from this man at all.

-I moved in with my ex-boyfriend and that flat was very haunted and 24/7 you felt like someone was watching you. I never saw the ghost although my ex did.

The first day we moved in, I woke up at 6am and my ex was fast asleep beside me. I heard a very clear cough in the next room as though to get someone's attention. I had a look and nobody there. I asked the ghost never to show itself to me as my ex moved out eventually, and I was alone there. It was awful being watched all the time, he didn't treat me well and the ghost used to appear standing over him whilst I was sleeping. I feel perhaps it was protecting me? My ex-boyfriend saw him, he had on a cowboy sorta hat and overalls. I did do some research and in the 1800's, the land that the flat was on used to be farmland with crops growing.

-If you've ever been to England, you'll know that we have many pubs. Old and beautiful, they usually come with a ghost story. The first experience I've had in a pub is I sensed a man in a dark trench coat who would be a local there that likes to sit in a specific corner and watch the comings and goings of the pub. He kept himself to himself, and was harmless. I asked the manager of the pub if the pub was haunted as I love my ghost stories. She said that people have remarked of the old local who would sit in the exact corner of the pub watching people come and go. He had his specific spot there.

Another incident I had 3 months later in a pub was I was going to my brother's birthday party at a pub for lunch. Now I was only 16 and I don't drink on both of these occasions, by the way. Both of these were when I literally walked into the pub, instant almost. I was stood with my brother and my sister-in-law's family talking to them, and this pub had benches indoors that you sat at. There was an old man reading the newspaper with his dog. But suddenly the man disappeared and there were two ladies there in the big puffy Elizabethan/Victorian dresses and hats with a cup and saucer of tea in their hands with old fashioned gloves on, a cupcake stand, and really old fashioned newspapers they were reading. I was shocked, not so shocked as when we went to sit at the tables for lunch and the place mats on the tables were pictures of the pub in the Victorian times with ladies in identical dressing outside of it!

I've had more experiences, but this post is long enough and I don't want to bore you. Since I've left my teens and childhood, my abilities seemed to cease quite rapidly, unfortunately. During my adolescent years was when it heightened. I hope you enjoyed reading and try not to be scared when you see a spirit. Try to feel lucky that you've got see something that's so unexplained, is my take on the paranormal. I know it's easier said than done, lol!

Other hauntings by Paranormal98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranormal98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-25)
Paranormal98, you may want to reread my comment. I did not say that there was no way women could ever have been in a pub but that it wasn't commonplace. There is a vast difference.

Just because a restaurant decides to decorate with old photos doesn't mean that they are necessarily representative of the history of the spot. Many restaurants opt for a nostalgic theme for various reasons. Photos of fancy-dressed ladies are attractive and appealing so a natural choice.

IF the photos you saw really were taken at said location in days gone by there may be some significance there. Maybe the reasoning behind the presence of women in the pub was significant enough to have written their presence into the ether there. Or perhaps it was a different style of business at that time. Or maybe it was simply one of history's many exceptions.

Have you done any research on the spot? You may be able to discover a few clarifications if you do.

And about that "Y-shaped thing"?
Paranormal98 (3 stories) (6 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-07-22)
AugustaM please re-read my post. I saw the Victorian looking women and then when we went to sit for lunch, on the place mats were victorian-dressed women in the street infront of the actual pub in black and white pictures. So yes, they must have used the pub in those days. The evidence was on the place mats.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
By "one of those knitted Y top things that old men wear over a shirt" do you mean a vest?

The sighting of the finely dressed Victorian women in the pub is surprising. I can't imagine that fine women of the era would've been commonplace in such establishments. Was the pub something else during those years?
Paranormal98 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
Hi, Dee. Thanks for reading, and your kind feedback. I didn't post indivually as there isn't much more to expand on except those points. I thought it better to do a big sedgement of assorted stories, but I appreciate the feedback and thanks so much for taking the time out to read my story ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-15)
Hi there Paranormal98,

My goodness, that is a lot of activity. You must be sensitive to spirit and energy. I wanted to echo Jubeele on spacing out a few of your stories/experiences. It allows us to indulge a bit more and ponder the possibilities. That sounds a bit selfish, but you get my drift. 😉

Thanks for providing clarity by answering questions, it is much appreciated.

All the best ❤
Dee
Paranormal98 (3 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-15)
Hey Jubeele, thanks for reading my stories and being fascinated by them! I apologise if they're a bit scattered 🙄

1) I've only heard my Nan's voice that one time, but I've felt her many times and had her come through by clairvoyants over the years.

2) I sensed the highwayman in my room before, and after is when I told my aunt and she told me some of the stories about the men seen in the house because I was only about 11 at the time, and she didn't want to scare me.

3) The shadow figure I saw was a solid black figure who was darker than the pitch black in my room. It was stood against my wall, I had nothing there like an ornament that could possibly be it. There was a light on in the hallway and it shone under the door through my bedroom, I saw the figure more clearer then.

4) Strangely, I don't recall anything being misplaced unless my Dad and Stepmum mentioned it and never told us (they were usually up before us lazy kids 😆).

5) I didn't get up because if you read what I said about the man I saw in Spain, I said I saw him with my "third spiritual eye", so I knew he wasn't an intruder and he looked nothing like my exes family members.

6) I never told my Mum about the nasty man I felt in her bedroom until she mentioned the nightmares she was having, I kept it from her because I didn't want to frighten her. I did tell her what I felt once she told me about her nightmares.

7) I've only dreamt about the ginger haired guy that once, never again. I genuinely felt he was a lovely man, and I've never experienced a dream like it since. I usually try to rationalise things, this I couldn't.

8) No-one else saw the Victorian ladies at the pub except me. They appeared infront of my whole family, but only I could see them. I felt lucky! 😁

Thanks for asking me some questions and being keen on finding out more. It shows you have an interest in my experiences. Like I said, I'm the first to try and rationalise things, and these - I simply couldn't.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-12)
Hi Paranormal98 - what an exceptionally eventful childhood! 😲 I'd be a nervous wreck by now (I'm a bit chicken about such things). It's good that you seem to have come through your teens unscathed.

Just a suggestion (and this is only meant in a helpful way): because you've mentioned so many events, you might wish to space out a few into separate accounts and then provide more detail on each. It will allow time for readers to ask any questions, have your responses, and then you can wait a period of time before submitting the next. It's a sad fact that I'm not as bright-eyed or bushy-tailed as I used to be. I do feel that each of your experiences deserves attention. 😉

Having said all that, I found your experiences rather interesting. I do have a few questions about them:
- Did you only hear your Nan's voice that one time or have you ever sensed her again? That was nice to hear from her though.
- Did you sense the highwayman in the room with you before or after you heard about your aunt's experiences?
- Can you describe more about the "solid black people" that you and your Dad saw? Were they shadow people or something else?
- In the morning after all the commotion from the "ghost family", was there anything displaced or moved at all when you came downstairs again?
- When you woke up at 3am in Spain, why didn't you get out of bed to ask your family what was going on?
- Did you ever tell your Mum about the nasty man that could have caused her nightmares in the town centre flat?
- Do you still dream about the ginger-haired man?
- The cowboy in your flat could have been trying to protect you... Do you still live there?
- You could have seen a residual replay at the pub of the Victorian ladies. How cool - did anyone else with you see them at all? What about previous patrons at the pub?

Well, you're certainly "Gifted". The ability is shared in some families. Your post isn't boring at all. There's plenty of activities in there. I hope you'll indulge my curiosity and provide more details about your experiences. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: