You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Warning by Phone

Real Ghost Stories

Warning by Phone

 

I have written a few other stories regarding my office and the strange occurrences within the building and around it. Well, this last week and a half have been right up there!

I have a private office with a private phone line that also can receive calls from the entire business, one of those mega telephone business systems. On my telephone there is a built in caller identification. For calls coming from outside of the building it will display only the number. For calls coming from inside the building, it will display the person's name as well as extension number. I try to leave my door open, promote the open door policy and keep tabs on what is going on in the building. It can sometimes get noisy, and then I close the door to concentrate.

The Administrative Assistant and I have become pretty close friends. Her office is caddy-corner to mine. I can sometimes hear voices from her office when my door is open, not conversations but voices.

A few days ago, I was sitting at my desk and I heard a female's voice say "Help her. Watch out for her. She will need you". It was not a voice I recognized, but I got up, looked down the hall. Nobody there. I checked all of the near by offices, no one there either. Okay, scratch the head and move on.

The day after that, I heard the females voice coming from my phone, stating the exact same thing. "Help her. Watch out for her. She will need you..." My phone only rings on my end for incoming calls. I looked at the display while hearing the voice, it displayed the Admins extension and name, and then disconnected. I immediately called her and asked if she had tried to reach me. She said no, she was in the middle of something. I let it go at that.

The next day the voice through the phone occurred a couple of times, then a few times over the next few weeks. The calls did not occur at specific times, but, they always displayed the Admin's name and extension number. I had asked her about it a couple of times, always getting a no for an answer. The calls also come when there is no one in her office. The strangest thing is my phone NEVER rings for these calls.

I took Friday off. When I returned to work I had learned the Admin had an asthma attack in her office. The door had been closed and she passed out before getting to the handle to open the door and get help. She was discovered by maintenance that saw a shadow against the door of her office and opened to investigate. A rescue squad was called; she was taken to the nearest ER for treatment.

Monday I was listening to some old tapes of previously recorded seminars. The voice from the calls was on the tape conducting the seminar! I asked an employee who has been here for quite some time who the voice belonged to. I was told the voice belonged to a former Admin who had passed away about five years ago. I went back to listening to the seminars. Still a bit bewildered. As I was leaving the media room, I turned and saw a woman with short cropped brown hair, glasses in a navy business suit smiling in my direction. She exited through the opposite side door.

As I returned the seminar tapes, I looked at the cover on one of the tapes. It was the Admin who had passed away, she had taped the seminars. She was the woman standing in the media room smiling at me!

I wonder if she was trying to warn me about the current Admins asthma attack?

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CronishaxGurl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
This story scared me! Haha, I loved it. What I comprehended was that maybe possibly the Admin. That had passed away was friends with the current Admin before? Or that she didn't want the current admin to pass away as she had. That's just my opinion however. I very much believe the old Admin. Was warning you of this asthma attack. Hope I helped! 😁
professorfrink (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
whoa! Truly a remarkable experience, good to know at least some of the things we can't see are on a mission to help us:) may jesus bless you
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Luvparanormal,
I am glad (although I was terrified!) that I was able to help this time. I wish I knew where and how to use an on/off switch for this, what ever it is. That would make life much cimpler. But, I guess we were never promised a simple and easy life.

God Bless!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
You have a tremendous gift! You coulld help so many people this way. It is kind of hard to distinguise or differenciate reality from sprituality realm.

Thanks for sharing
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hi Kim, thought I would read your profile. I am looking for the story about the rocking chair. This particular story is too much Wow! I would say you definitely have a special gift. I am still trying to wonder why I have this too. Thank you for all of your help. Since I submitted my first story and reading others, it has helped me a lot. With my most recent experiences, your comments mean a lot to me. Take care of yourself, Judy
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
That was a lovely story. I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. Very intresting story about the dead contacting you but if he didn't then maybe you wouldn't be here. Thank God he called.
Thanks for sharing that story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Tara,
it was VERY creepy! However, there have been a lot of occurances here that are -creepy!

thanks for reading and commnting!
God Bless!
Tara9282 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Well that has to be one of the creapiest stories haha. Personally I would have ran out of that building and never looked back:P
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
Ghostgal,
I am not sure why she chose me to contact... Weird.

I have not had any occurances witht htis... Entity since.

Thanks for reading!

God Bless!
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
This... Kind of scared me a little... But I wonder why the ghost was warning you. Did she care about that 1 person?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Mustang,
Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on my story.

I am not sure why the astma attack happened to occur while I was out of the office, I will say that I am rarely out of the office, except for business trips. It is amazing that she was found without any perminent harm coming to her.

So far, she appears to be doing well. There have been changes to the way she manages her asthma, but so far so good.

I have not had any further 'telephone calls' but I have seen the past Admin on a few other occasions. I will write more about them at another time.

Thanks again for your encouragement and support!

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hello Kim. WOW! You are something special. I can't believe I missed this story. I did miss a lot though when I missed several days on here. I couldn't believe how many stories I had missed. Now if I was sitting here waiting for them, they wouldn't come. 😆
The Admin Asst was okay right? It's funny how the asthma attack ended up happening on the day that you weren't there. Thank God the maintenance man was there to find her or maybe it was the spirit that helped him find her. I always like hearing about helpful spirits.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
juju0128,
Sometimes it is a hassle living with this... Whatever it is. Some say a gift, some say a curse. I say I am doing my best to live with it and deal with it.

God Bless!
juju0128 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Man, I would HATE to be you, girl. I'd spend most of my time very freaked out. I believe they're there and I'm glad other people seem them and talk to them, but, I don't want to. Thanks for all your great accounts!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Hi Kim.
I, too, was wondering about your "office hours" here recently. Hmmm, wonder why I never asked you? This is great. I was about to say just about what Ohio said there. If you were to say that you were totally comfortable with the things that go on around you, I think I would have to become skeptic about most of your dealings. However, you are true and complete in your descriptions of the feelings and sightings that you go through, which make these stories so much more believable.
Thank you for another one!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Ohiowatha,
Boy, you hit the nail right on the head 😊.
It is SCARY and no one expects these 'things' to happen. Whew, glad I did not sound like a nut case!

Thanks for the support! Feel free to e mail me at kimmb [at] cdhcmedical.com.
I try to check my e mails daily, but sometimes it is over a day.

Truly, thanks so much for the support and understanding!

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
"You would think that after a few 'episodes' of seeing soemthing or hearing something, you would come to expect it. I have not gotten to that point. I am absolutely shocked, sometimes frightened and usually bewildered when these things happen..."
--the sign of a TRUE encounter! First sign someone's telling a fiction rather than fact is "I just put it out of my mind" after something incredible happens. NO! These things are SCARY! I don't care who you are or where you come from--unseen forces acting upon you or your environment is totally trippy and terrifying. No doubt.

You're the best, Kim!
😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Thank you to all who have commented.

Sometimes, I do believe I have a 'gift', other times I am sure it is my imagination. I often wish that the clues (for lack of a better word) where more direct, I have never been that great with riddles. I am working on it though.

You would think that after a few 'episodes' of seeing soemthing or hearing something, you would come to expect it. I have not gotten to that point. I am absolutely shocked, sometimes frightened and usually bewildered when these things happen.

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
I don't have that gift but sounds like you do. I am assuming this happens other places than the office? If you have this gift its wonderful to be able to help others with it. Guess one has to be aware and not be afraid to speak up or shrug it off as nothing. I don't know if I would have that kind of courage but I hope you do being that you are gifted.
ShAdOwEd4LiFe (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
it was indeed a warning. Experiencing such things, with ghosts warning and helping me, is something I have since I was a child. It is just great to feel that another soul from the other side of this world had choosen you to do the right job on this earth isn't it?. Great story and thanks for sharing 😊

shadower
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hello Kim, I do believe that previous Administrative Assistant was trying to warn you of your friends asthma. She knew that the lady would be needing help and you were the one person most likly to "hear " her. I also believe that you have a gift and when you get it "fine tuned" -watch out. Thanks for sharing this story and as always,I'm looking forward to the next one. God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
I was just thinking about you recently, Kim. I have been entranced by your office stories ("Damn, we gotta get outta here...") and was wondering if there is some way to get in-touch with posters individually. I wanted to ask you (just yesterday) what's up with your office lately. And here, today, I get my answer--without even asking. Sweeeeet.

Thanks for shaing, Kim, I envy your gift.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: