You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Father's Unrest

Real Ghost Stories

My Father's Unrest

 

My mother comes from a country where even until today things are still old fashioned and secluded from the city. All her life she has been followed by occurrences, experiences, sightings that cannot be explained. She is not a stranger to seeing ghosts, entities. But this is by far one experience I as well as she will never forget.

My father was not a very good man while he lived on this earth. My mother had more painful memories of him than good. I had no recollection of him until I met him when I was about 8 years old. He was a stranger to me. A stranger who had brought pain and suffering to my mothers life.

It was when I was 10 years old that he decided to take his own life in a violent way. It was within that week of learning of his death and attending his funeral that I noticed strange things started happening. My mother seemed more afraid than in mourning. I remember her telling one of my aunts about the plants she had out on the back porch. She was accustomed to leaving a glass of water out for the recently deceased. I still do not understand the meaning behind that. She left that glass of water by her plants on the back porch. The next morning all the plants had been torn to pieces as if they were ripped by hand from the pots and the water was just spilled.

My aunt then told my mother she had heard a voice whisper in her ear "it's not worth it," while she sat at her dining table mourning the death of my father. Since the suicide of my father, my mother had this uneasiness about her. It wasn't until I got older that my mother told me most of the things that she had experienced.

For years she had been followed and tormented by what she solemnly believed was my fathers unresting ghost. She told me how she clearly felt she was being watched at night. When she was sleeping she would suddenly smell the stench of men's cologne and someone laying next to her in bed but never had the courage to turn around. When she would bathe she felt someone was outside looking through the window.

Another time she got out of the shower crying and completely horrified. She told me something has struck her clear across her back. I looked at her back and there was a red mark on her back. It almost seemed in the shape of a letter to me but I was in such disbelief I did not know what to say to her.

My mother would tell me she knew when my fathers ghost would go in her room. She could hear the train every night at about the same time. Shortly after the train the stench of cigar and cologne would fill her room. After seeing my mother in such pain and complete fright. I stayed up one night. I remember hearing the train from a distance. I went outside and started speaking to the man I had only met once in my life and never called father. I asked him to leave. Leave in peace and bring my mother peace. As I said this I could not help but feel a horrible rage. I was so angry. I asked him to rest.

About a week later I noticed a change in my mother. She was less reluctant to be alone, go to sleep. I asked her if she was alright. Then she told me. One night while she was sleeping she had heard the voice of my father ask for her forgiveness. My mother woke up looked around and said, "I forgive you..." It was at that moment that she knew my fathers unresting soul had found peace.

Other hauntings by Tek

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ldschick87 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
That's all he wanted, My parents are divorce now, but my father was not a good man either. Now he's regrets treating my sisters and my brother poorly as well as my mother. My mother hasn't forgiven him. I think your mom did the right thing in forgiving him.
sandieshun (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Bravo, Tek! It takes courage to face the unseen. Out of your love for your mother, you were able to confront the unseen; this is truly commendable. I hope your mum is happy now and that you can be there for her, always.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hello Tek.
Interesting story. Nice how you went out to face the "man" that you felt was harassing your mother.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Very interesting story Tek, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
What a bitter sweet story. What courage it took for you to speak to him and encourage him to go forward and let your mother in peace. I have always been of the mind that it's never to late to say you are sorry to anyone. Doesn't matter if they are dead or alive I'm sure they can hear and understand what's being said. Maybe he just couldn't progress or rest until he had her forgivness. He sure seemed to give her a hard time for a while but she rose above it and forgave him. I hope she is at peace and he is finally at rest.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Maybe he didn't realize it but for him to move on he probably needed to hear her say that she forgives him. Perhaps as a ghost he realized he was horrible to her, and blamed her even more. Than one night he decided that to move on he needed to say sorry.

Your mother seems like a remarkable and strong person, you also seem strong to me because you stood up to your father's ghost.

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

-Sadie
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Hi Tek. My thoughts on ghosts and spirits is this- whatever type of person they are in life is the type of spirit they will be. Your father wasn't a very nice person and so wasn't a very nice spirit. Sounds like your Dad had some hostilities and problems in life that he carried with him. I think you handled things really well and I'm glad for the way things turned out. Your Mom must be relieved, she deserves the peace you achieved for her. Thanks for sharing your story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
I'm sorry for the ordeal you and your mum went through and I'm glad it has now ended.

I'm sure your father, whatever his course in life had been, realised his mistakes which explains his torment after death.

Your mum must be a very generous soul to offer her forgiveness to the man who hurt her so much.

I hope she's at ease now and that your dad's soul is also at rest.
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Such a nice story... I am sorry for the terror your mom went through, both before and after your father died...! I loved the ending it made even me feel peaceful! Thank you for sharing!
Tek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Chelleck the letter was a V. My fathers name started with a V. It is why I did not even mention it to her.
----

ChrisB thank you for the welcome. I feel very much at home here so yes I will be sharing many more stories in the near future.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
This is an incredible story. I am happy that it turned out good for your mother and that your father had it within him to ask for forgiveness. Him asking for forgiveness surprised me, with him being not so caring during his life time and if he was the one that torn your mother's plant apart.

In the third paragraph you said that it looked a a letter (In red) on your mother's back. I am just curious as to what letter it was.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
I feel very sorry for your mother. It must have been very hard for her but she showed that she is a loving person. Somtimes its harder to forgive our loved ones then it is to forgive our enemys. But she has a loving heart. I realy liked your story. By the way welcome to this site. I hope you share other experiences of your mother with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: