You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Memories of a Murderer 2

Real Ghost Stories

Memories of a Murderer 2

 

This is part two to my last story Memories of a Murderer. I recently went back to Calgary with my fiance and little brother to visit my cousin. She just had a baby so I flew up to go see him. After we got to Calgary we visited with family and had a BBQ to celebrate the new addition to the family, and after a long day of fun we decide to head to our hotel room. We had to stay in a hotel because my cousin lives in a condo and has no room for people to stay.

After we got to our hotel room, we decide to watch some TV and get some rest. Being the smart guy he is, my little brother flipped to the show "Most Haunted" and said, "I wonder what the deal is with our old place in Airdrie".

And Me being the even SMARTER guy said "It's only 9... lets go see".

Yeah... great idea!

So we headed down to our crappy rent-a-car and took a little drive out to Airdrie. When we arrived to the house we noticed that the place was still there. I figured someone might have torn it down because nobody has lived in it for over 10 years. Nope, still there... Still empty.

We parked the car and got out. Chris didn't move, he sat there gripping his seatbelt with a very terrified look on his face.

"You coming man?" I asked him.

"No dude... No way in hell are you going to get me in there"... But he came anyways.

We took the walk up the front lawn and to the side of the house where a window leading to the kitchen was. There was a trick to opening it from the outside, and I managed to wriggle it loose after a few minutes. One by one we crawled into the darkness of the house. I fumbled around the wall for the light switch and flicked the lights on. The second the lights went on, all three of us felt this cold wind blow through the hall, and slammed the door that once belonged to my parents' room. (That must be where the male entity resides... Which would explain the shadows my parents saw in the night)

After the door slammed, Chris grabbed my arm and said "No dude...can't do this... I am the F*** out of here man..."

... But he stayed... (He's a little odd)

We explored the main floor for a little while, completely ignoring the master bedroom... We didn't want to make things worse then they were. We were scared enough as it was.

We then made our way to the basement. This is when things got very uncomfortable for myself. When we reached the bottom of the stairs I flicked on the lights... And as I suspected, the stain on the floor was there. I took a step around the corner to admire the wood-work my dad had done... Very impressive. I smiled and turned around to see the rest of the basement. And when I turned around I saw the picture my mom had left hanging on the wall.

I stood there frozen, just staring at the picture. It was ruined. It looked as if a black ink had boiled its way through it. Three large black blobs that shaped a grotesque looking face. And around the frame of the picture, it looked as if the wall had been burned. Like when you see the burn marks in windows after a house fire. (I'm not sure how else to explain it sorry)

My fiance Geri looked at it in shock and whispered "Can we get out of here?"

We all agreed that leaving was probably a good idea. We ran up the stairs, leaving the lights on and headed for the kitchen window where we had come in. The window was shut! Chris pushed on it to try and get it open but he couldn't. It was like the latch had been rusted shut. We headed for the front door when we realized that it had been boarded up, so we wouldn't be able to make it through... We tried to break through it, and this was about the time when the lights started flickering on and off and we heard thumping coming from under us... As if someone was banging the ceiling below with a stick or something, only multiplied by 10. Finally after we were all terrified we decide to bust out the front window.

Hurray we escaped! We jumped in the car and putted away as fast as we could in our crappy little rent-a-car. Even as we drove down the street the lights were still flickering. We decided to go to the McDonalds down the road for some burgers, and cool our heads. We sat down at the table when Chris realized he had left his coat in the house. I punched him in the shoulder. It was a nice coat that I got him for Christmas. And he decides to take it off in a creepy haunted house, as if we were staying a while. Maybe have dessert and coffee with the crazy ghost.

We decided that now wasn't the best time to get his coat, we would go back the next day when the sun was out and we could see.

After a poor nights sleep at a cheap hotel we got up and drove back to the house... And what we saw we'll never forget.

Chris' coat was laid out neatly in the middle of the front lawn, and my moms destroyed picture lay right above it. When we walked over to pick up his coat there was a big stain on it... Much like the markings on the picture. Obviously, we decide the coat wasn't important and we headed home.

This happened about a week ago (April 27, 2008) or something like that. And we're still wondering what the hell happened. We have no idea what resides there... We figure it may be something with a demonic nature... There is still a lot of mystery surrounding this house... And no... We don't plan on finding out.

It's best to leave these things be.

Other hauntings by metalhed16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, metalhed16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moeenhaider (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
i don't know how much of both of your stories is true, however, I'll admit this, You are a very good story teller. Had fun reading through them. Cheers.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I just read both of your stories and... Wow! How truly terrifying! I would agree with you, what ever or whome ever resides in that house is better left alone.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
Xero (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
how did you flick on the light? How was the hydro connected after 10 years of the hosue being abandoned?
lilmzzoufan (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
That is a very creepy story, my first thought when I read the first story of this house, was it could have been a very angry ghost, and I just knew that something was going to happen to the picture. The ghost must have not liked you guys being there at that house, probably in fear you would find out, and you did, so he tryed to get you out and he burned the picture so you would be too frightened to come back if you did. When you came back for the coat, he probably damaged it to make sure you don't come back. Your stories are great! Btw, I love how you say hurray we escaped! That was funny. ~lilmzz 😊
armymp76544 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Great Stories I will look forward to reading more. I had a stepdad that did the same thing to the places we lived. That also lead to some different experiences but, he wasn't with us long so I don't have many from him.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
For anyone confused about how the electricity worked in the house, when we lived there, my dad istalled emergency lights that can be turned on during outages or if power is completely shut off from the home. The switch to turn on the emergency lights were beside the normal light switches, except were a different color... I will most likely update my story so people won't be so confused
artfighter (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
ok fine you could leave it there all you like but I want you to think for a second that what will happen to other people if they entered that house will they get possesed and try to kill themselves? 😕
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
No one had lived in the house for 10 years yet the electric was still on in the house?
Doesnt add up.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
In response to artfighter

cool thanks I figured as much... With what they managed to do to that picture and my brothers coat... At the time I was more concerned about getting my a** out of there, not calling my pastor to come get rid of it, or if I had accidently left the oven on before I left.

come on now...seriously
artfighter (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
yes I am happy be sure it is gone

p.s. You should although know by now that evil ghosts do end up doing stuff that is no good
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
In response to artfighter:

K well next time I'm in canada I'll get someone to go tell the spirit to leave.

happy?
artfighter (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
although very fastinating which it excits me and wished I could been there but one thing you guys so completly forgot! *bangs her head on the desk* You were suppose to see if you could find sombody to get rid of the ghost at that house the longer you leave that evil ghost down there the stronger it becomes the stronger it becomes will start making people disappear the ghost needs to be rid of you goof off. 😠
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
In Response to ariessa25:

lol I'm glad you enjoy my stories. You're my first fan 😜 just kidding lol...

I do have quite a few stories that I'll have up soon that you'll like

thanks for the comment

god bless
ariessa25 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Dude, all your stories like totally rock! This story and part one are awsome. I swear I could not sleep alone and had to wait for my husband to come home. If you ever go back keep us updated.
itscricket (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Wow, kind of reminds me of the stories my parents told me about the first house they lived in together as a couple. It was haunted. Just listening to the stories freaked me out. In fact, this house is in Silverado Canyon, Cali. We went out about 2 years ago to visit my grandparents and my mom thought it would be cool to go visit the house (its called "The Outpost"). Well, I didn't go inside because I got a bad feeling about it. Sure enough, I had to wake my mom up from a nightmare. She sounded like she was being choked and strangled.

This story is kind of freaky though. I wouldn't go back there either.
crmanddkp (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
😳 well I would have gone too but I would have gotten out when the door slammed shut that's what would have scared me the most and well that's creepy about your moms picture and your brothers coat I wouldn't even have thought to go back to that house! 😳 well at least your safe! 😁
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
In response to Kated9:

It's hard not to let curiousity get the best of me lol.
I'm joining the police force soon and you always gotta let curiosity take over lol.

thanks for the comment!

Blessings!
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
In response to Ohiowatha:

If I fly back to Calgary and decide to go back to this house... Which I most likely won't lol...I'll definitely get some pictures and post them.

Since I moved to LA, I haven't been able to find my camera, so we're looking at some at the moment. Something good so if we encounter a ghostly being we can try and capture it.
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
wow that would be scarey... Lol omg I can't believe you went back to the house... I would of been terrified... Lol 😉
Thanks for sharing such an amazing story
lots of love... KateD9 ❤
p.s
don't let curiousty get the best of you. 😁
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
DUDE, you gotta get pictures of this stuff!
Cool story, Hansel. Thanks for sharing! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Great story. I understand why you went there. Curiosty sometimes can be stronger then fear. I think that ghost realy didn't like you guys! I wonder why this spirit was like this? Thanks for sharring another amasing story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I would recommend using a "Ba Gua mirror" which means 8 trigrams. You hang it outside your house - Front door or back door or both. This deflects negative energy and prevents future hauntings.

=] Make sure that when you buy it, ask if it's for outside use "Before heaven Ba gua mirror" If you use an inside one outside or outside one inside, I don't even want to know what will happen.

Since they say mirrors are sort of a gateway for spirits to cross worlds. You can only imagine what will happen if you hang the wrong one.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
In response to ominousnyxx:

lol yeah like I said in the story... Not the smartes decision lol. But sometimes these things can play on your mind and you sit and wonder what's going on. So we went and fed out curiousity... And well... Bad decision lol
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Omg, that's creepy as hell!
Seriously, I wouldn't even imagine going into a house like that, unless there was like 30 people with me and we all had a flash light...

LOL what the hell were you thinking? XD
Great story though.

(Shouldn't keep reading these stuff... Freaking myself out - but I gotta keep myself from being bored at work lol)
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
reneespring:

My dad installed emergency lights for outages... Forgot to add that in the story lol sorry.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Scary.
I read your other stories too. Very creepy.

Posts more if anything new happens!
reneespring (148 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Why was there electricity in an abandoned house? I am not sure that the owner would continue to pay utilities if it was abandoned for a long time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: