You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mysterious Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Happenings

 

As you may have read in my previous story, I just recently moved back to Canada with my fiance Gera-Lann (Geri, as I like to call her). And if you have been following all of my stories you would know that Geri is pregnant. She is going into her 5th month, and is doing very well. Thought I would just bring that up. I'm very excited.

After moving into our house a few months ago, we never noticed anything out of the ordinary. However, over the past few weeks we have been hearing phantom footsteps on the floor above us when we were in the basement watching a movie.

Here is how it all went down...

It was a Friday, I remember because we went out with a few friends for a few drinks to unwind after our crappy week at work. We returned home, fairly early for a Friday, it was around 8pm. We stopped off at the movie store on the way home and picked up a few movies, games, and snack food.

We were right in the middle of playing a shoot 'em up game when Geri put the game on pause, muted TV and stared up at the ceiling.

"What?" I asked her.

"Thought I heard something upstairs... Probably Harley."

I looked down on the floor beside me, "He's sleeping right here by the couch, hun. You might be hearing background noises in the game."

With that, we played the game until we got bored, ignoring the strange thumping noises, and we decided to relax with a quiet movie.

I went over to the DVD player to pop in the disc, when I heard the scuffling sound. I turned around at Geri who was pointing up at the ceiling.

"You heard that right?"

"Yeah" I said and I looked over by the couch to see if Harley was still there. He was... Still snoozing away. "Harley's still down here, so it's not him." I said.

Geri looked at me for a minute, shook her head and went upstairs to use the bathroom.

I finished loading the disc and getting the blankets situated, when Geri called for me to come upstairs. I went upstairs to see her pointing at the computer desk.

I got this really cool pen set from my mom, it's called a "Pen-dulum." basically it's a stand that has a magnet at the top, and you hang the pen from it, and when you push on it, it sways back and forth, like a pendulum. Get it? Good... I can continue...

She was pointing at the pen, and it was swaying in a circular motion, and eventually it slowed and stopped. To be honest I thought she was showing me that she made it spin, so I played along by saying "Sweet, you never cease to amaze me."

I had no idea what she was trying to tell me, and it didn't clue in until the next day. It was a nice day so we decided to take the dog for a walk. When we came back Geri jumped in the shower, and I let Harley out in the yard. I was sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch when I heard a small thump. Almost like when someone gets down on their knees on a hard floor. I looked behind me to see if Harley had somehow gotten into the house and lay down behind me. He wasn't there.

I finished my lunch and put my dishes in the sink, and walked over to the computer to check emails and what not. When I approached the desk I noticed that the pen was spinning quite erratically on its own. It wasn't moving in any particular pattern, then it came to a complete stop, which was impossible because it was just having a spaz attack a second before, if it was moving it should have slowed down and then stopped moving. Nope, it just came to a complete stand still.

I stared at the pen, I was confused, and a little scared...and, a little annoyed because every place we move into seems to have some unnatural being living in it. After staring at it for a few moments I reached out to grab it. As I got closer, the pen fell off of the magnet and onto the desk. I pulled back, and my heart skipped a beat or two... I wasn't expecting that at all. I reached out to grab it again, but just before I grabbed it, it flew off the desk and slammed into the wall opposite the computer. I figure the room is about 16ft X 18ft, so there was definitely some force put into that pen to make it fly across to the other side of the room and hit the wall.

This is when I got fed up, and when Geri got out of the shower I told her what happened. We've been praying and hoping that whatever it is, can find the light and cross over, and leave us in peace. We are very tired of living in haunted homes.

Other hauntings by metalhed16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, metalhed16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-06)
DO NOT GO TO THAT SECTION OF THE ROOM! 😨 Some spirits can hurt you/put you in a coma (sometimes stuck through our world of the living and the dead world

Bless everyone! πŸ˜†
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-22)
Hello metalhed16, congratulations on your baby! I wish nothing but the best of health and happiness to your family.:)

I would definitely be concerned about this both on a personal level and because of your family, particularly for the more sensitive ones (your baby and baby's mama). It sounds like you're doing what you can. My fiance and I will definitely be wishing the best for you and willing the restless spirits away from your home. Take care!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-22)
"almost like a child..."
Exactly.
What we have to remember, when dealing with those that we do not know, is that they may not be able to understand what it is that we are trying to convey using our own everyday language.
For instance, I tend to modify the way I talk to different people. I am sure you have seen it here on this site as well. In that we ASSUME that whoever is causing this disturbance is an ADULT, we may say "Ok, she's stressing the Day, Chill, ok?" When we MAY need to say "We know you are here. Geri and I are having some issues, frankly, you are scaring the bejeezes out of us, and she does not need that added stress as she is carrying a baby."
That was just an example, I know that is not where you are right now, but I just wanted to show the differences in word usages meaning the same thing.
Not to alarm you, either, but there is the possibility that paranormal responsiveness is hereditary. What are the chances, that YOU being a sensitive (you DO know that you are, right?) and your CHILD being that close, and sharing the thoughts with Geri...
How do I say this?!
If you have someone looking for YOU, they will ask around using your name. If you have that same person looking for your FAMILY, they will use your name, Geri's name, the babies name, last name as well as firsts. The odds of someone locating your FAMILY are more favorable than locating just YOU. All of the places that you all go to through out the day hold people who have either talked with you, seen your name written, or know you. There are more places to canvas, but the chances of hitting are better.
That is what is happening in the Spiritual world. There is already you out there being your magnetic self. Then you have this little one that is just a natural magnet at this time (no telling about when the babe is born. Only time will tell), and Geri who is carrying your child.
Yours. The one with the magnetic personality.
Just be patient. Explain things out clearly, and in the voice of a child (not literally the "voice", but in simple to understand phrases) and be calm. No need to add the stresses of anxiousness when you already have that floating around.
Thank you.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-22)
Hi Marshal. Sounds like you might be an attractor, doomed, so to speak, to invite, unwittingly, extra residents, regardless of where you live? It would be interesting to find out. The pen thrower doesn't sound dangerous, perhaps you can get them to realize the discomfort they are contributing, especially at this time with Geri pregnant. Try explaining it, out loud? I found talking to Andy, our resident, almost like a child, worked very well. "If you go away now, I will play with you later!"
Congrads to both of you, though, prayers for peace in your home, too.
Autumn, I would love to see you delve into that research. I am clear about that connection you speak of, all those who have gone before gathering around a new birth in the family. A VERY special occasion, particularly between mother and child. More than what meets the eye.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-22)
I do not know what it is about being pregnant, but in MY experience, there seems to be some sort of link with the Spirits of loved ones past. I would love to research it, and see what the connection truly is, but... With Grandkids arriving, frankly, I do not think I would have the energy to go through all of that again. πŸ˜†
There have been many a story posted to this site in which pregnancy seemed to open up passages that were not previously there (this is supported by both the story and the comments following). Sometimes it only effects the pregnant party, and sometimes it encompasses the home, and all those residing within it's walls.
I tend to think πŸ˜‰that it has to do with the closeness of the bond between Mother and Child, and the CHILD's closeness to the Other Side. In that the CHILD is sharing absolutely EVERYTHING with the Mother within the womb, it also shares conscious thought.
WHAT is present in a conscious thought? MEMORIES. With memories brings the wish that we could visit, that we could talk, that we could BE with someone from a particularly happy remembrance.
Just a thought as to why, PERHAPS, pregnancy brings about more experiences with the Unknown. I COULD be completely off, I AM only human. πŸ˜†
Thank you.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-20)
In response to Jitow:

Thanks, I am a Christian I know how to handle things... I have been doing everything I can but sometimes you need a higher power to lend a hand. And if I weren't a Christian I think I would have been pretty pissed because it sounded as though you were preaching and forcing someone to change their faith, and become a believer in Christ...didn't read the rules of the site before you started posting did ya? The guy who runs the site mentioned something about NO PREACHING or FORCING RELIGION upon people. I'm not angry, just sayin'...watch out for next time because someone else may tear you a new one.
krbartee (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-20)
Although I read ALL the stories on here I don't post. One of the only times I have posted in the past was a response to a story by you. I find your writing style quite entertaining. I'm just wondering how the heck do you keep moving into haunted homes? I'm beginning to think that maybe your haunted. Anyways once again a great story, your ability to add humor into a paranormal setting never ceases to amaze me! Keep Writing!
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-19)
True dat, Metalhed. Still, electromagnetic fields tend to play with metal objects, making them move. The atoms in the atmosphere are constantly on the move, clashing with ions from every component in existence. I merely thought that the magnet of this object of yours could've caused the pen to spontaneously move with a litte help from the EM field.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-18)
Pray and ask God to forgive you of any unforgiven things that you may be aware of in your life. Then ask God to cast out any evil or any of the enemy from your house and your presence and that they not come back in the name of Jesus Christ ask Him to protect you and your family. Give Him all the glory and honor for it now and when you realize that He has done it. You need to continually pray and seek Him and he will protect you. Jesus is the ultimate Power over evil. You do not have to read many post on the site to see the proof. Raise your child to love Him and they will be protected. Jesus is Love and Love conquers all.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi Marshal. Glad to hear from you again my friend. I'm very glad that your family is getting bigger now. I'm very happy for you and Geri. You know, these spirits are realy getting on your nerves arent they? I honestly don't know how you feel beacsue I haven't had so many encounters but I would be ticked. I realy wonder if there isn't a magnet attached to you because it realy does seem to me that where ever you go there is a spirit who goes with you. Man your one tough guy if you haven't been scared to death yet. Lets us hope that this spirit leaves youy three alone. It doesn't sound like a pleasent spirit. But on the other hand it might want your attention. Maybe it wants something from you. I will pray for this spirit to leave. Thanks again for another great story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
P.S I think its going to be a boy πŸ˜‰
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi metalhed, Congratulations on the baby and marriage? (you mentioned 'fiance')
Im glad to hear your getting the house cleansed as this may help!
Good Luck, Lily x
P.S. Keep me informed on the baby [if possible please] Boy or Girl?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Some places are haunted and some people are haunted. Sounds like you guys are the latter. Both of you must be sensitive. A cleansing could be a good thing. Seems like when people have their pastor or priest come in to bless it usually gets worse before it gets better. Sometimes simply taking charge of the situation and being firm about it leaving you alone may also work. Congrats on the baby. No doubt your little one may end up being sensitive too with parents who already are.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Thanks for the comments.

Luca, I don't think the atmosphere had anything to do with it... How would the pen go flying accross the room if there was a change in atmosphere.

Brownie09, we're certain this thing is trying to get to us, the pen has been doing that off and on for the past few days and we've been telling it to go away. We are going to take it a step further this weekend and bring someone into the house to do the cleansing.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
First off, I just wanted to say Congratulations, on the baby. 😊

As for the pen doing that I know it probably have made you mad. I know it would me too, but something might be there that is trying to make itself noticed, but for it knocking the pen that hard across the room, it sounds like it is angry and it may possibly be mad. I would try to command it to leave the house, and follow the light.

Thank you for sharing this story with us, and again congratulations on the baby.

Brownie09
😊 ❀
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
First of all: Congratulations about your baby! Boy or girl? ❀ Make sure your fiance takes Folic Acid!

Anyway, seeing a pen spinning wildly on its own must be terribly confusing. If I recall, you mentioned the artifact consists of a magnet, no? Could it have been a slight change in the atmosphere that caused this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: