You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: More College Street Occurances

Real Ghost Stories

More College Street Occurances

 

In my last story, Shadow People and Webby encounter I touched base with things that happened in the past. I did have doubts about the Old Hag in that story, and it has come back recently, but never in my own bed. Now I am able to wake myself and make it stop, it just doesn't have the same hold over me as it once had.

When I was pregnant, I had an experience when I woke up in the spare bedroom hearing a door slam. As I sat up and cleared my head, I heard the sound of dog toe nails scrapping on linoleum. It sounded like a large dog, like a Labrador. It sounded like the click - clack of nails. I grabbed a metal pole belonging to a disassembled shelf, and searched my apartment. I was scared because an animal really had to be disillusioned maybe rabid to go up steps to get into this place. There was no dog. I know it wasn't my neighbor's dog because it is kennel trained, and is a small dog, I did find out later that she had put her dog in a facility and went out of town that Friday as well.

I dismissed the idea eventually and had nearly forgotten it until about two weeks ago. We were having a series of small fast moving thunderstorms, tornadoes, and high winds. Being this house isn't the sturdiest of constructions, as it is old and in some disrepair, (landlord is VERY OLD) I called my mom to come get me and the baby. When she got here, I was finishing packing up my diaper bag when we heard the back door slam, HARD. The floor in the back of the place is sinking with the house. If you set a ball on the floor it rolls towards the back of the kitchen. So when I open the back door to get the air moving in the house, as I had that day, or even when it is open just two feet, it is wedged very well into the floor and does not move without a good bit of effort. There is no way the wind could have moved that door, I had it as far open as I could possibly make it go, so it was wedged good! As my mom and I headed to the back, we heard the dog steps. When we got to the dining room, and as I checked the door, my mother got very uncomfortable and insisted we go. She said she felt like something didn't want us there. She thinks it might have even been a protective force with the storm brewing and all.

Another thing to happen recently, I heard the front door close, the distinct sound of sleigh bells I have on it. Then I hear Jeff's computer chair move as if he had gotten up and the chair bumped the desk. Then I hear steps down the hallway, and sounded like Jeff's clunky way of tromping around the house with keys and change jingling. I called out to him... No answer. So I get up out of bed, peek into the living room, and there is nobody. I looked in the back of the house, nobody. I called Jeff's cell phone and asked if he had just been home, and he said he hadn't, he was in Henderson. This has started happening at least once a week. I don't know what to think of it.

Something else freaking me out is that darn nursery! There are some times when I feel something not good is watching me and my son as I feed him. Maybe it is vulnerability because I breast feed? One time, when he was close to newborn, maybe a month and a half I got that bad feeling, and suddenly his eyes got really big and it seemed he was staring at something, and he was whimpering. I was frozen in fear at the time, and I visualized a protective shield around the both of us, and slowly got up and went to my bed with the baby, acting as if all was normal. Now he tracks things while in there, but that might be something else like the float things in your eyes. Now I am scared to put him to bed in there, and it is supposed to be time to get him to sleep in his own room.

This place was great before I had a baby, exciting and interesting, but now I can't wait to move! We're planning on it in the fall, but I need some advice on what to do until then!

I had safeguarded my room, but not without difficulties. That is when the Old Hag was the worst. If anyone has a way to make it so I don't have to worry about my son or I being threatened in any way that would be great.

Other hauntings by faerielike

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faerielike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
I figured it could just be paranoid feelings of being a new mother, but I have encountered things here before. What worried me was when I came home initially the activity seemed to stop periodically, and I just waited and waited, like the quiet before the storm.
I would say that the sound of Jeff tromping through the house is residual, but it's new, unless he has created an imprint on this house somehow already. It actually started a few years ago with the sound of his keys jingling in the hall right before he would come home. Now there are more and more of his sounds. Plus he often hears me calling him when I haven't. I am beginning to think we might have a doppleganger.
As for not being alone here, I rarely am. I think instinct has guided me away from that. I usually head over to my mom's house for the day while Jeff is at work. The little time I am home in the day though, I don't feel too threatened. Sometimes when I am in the nursery I do. It is mainly at night, when I am up late taking care of the baby. I wonder if the ruckus of a new life has disturbed some night spirits that would usually have the place to itself. Not only that, that room was only ever used for storage before, and once a year as spare bedroom. I even felt strange the few times I slept in there when I was pregnant.
I had thought of communicating as I had before, but that idea gave me a disturbing feeling and I ruled that out.
I do appreciate the advice. I don't really have a preference in religion, especially for cleansing. I have smudged the house before and it seemed to stir things up before it got better. It took three times for it to work. But they're back! I have been told this place has lots of portholes. I'm scared to try anything for the fact that I don't want my son to become a target as I seemed to be last time. I will sit on it for a while and decide if I should give it a try. Thank you all so much for the advice! ❤
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
We totally agree with the last comment from rhodes, that you should cleanse each room with sage. That is a nondenominational healing process that a lot of people utilize. Also, saying prayers to the angels can protect you as well. You said you invisioned a bubble-like thing around you and your baby, while you do this, ask the archangels to protect you with the white light of the holy spirit. I have done this many times before and afterwards, I feel very peaceful. I really hope this helps, because it really helps me.

Keep us posted, and get the hell outta there as soon as you can! You need good energy for you and your baby.

Regards,
Elina
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
faerielike hi and welcome back with another great encounter.

I understand why you seem so concerned. I would be,too, if I were in your shoes.

First off, I believe that breast-feeding mothers or, in general, women who have just given birth tend to feel more threatened at that time of their lives and overprotective of their infant. That alone can make them more vulnerable and even lead them to misinterpete certain events.

And yet, I don't think this is the case with you. You seem to have had some disturbing experiences in the past as well as your mother which comes to confirm your feelings that 'something's off'.

The noise you hear from the computer room sounds more like residual haunting as it's repeating itself at about the same time of day every now and then and doesn't seem to be aware of you. And yet, you cannot be a hundred per cent certain that this is the case.

As for the uninvited spectator during your breast feeding accompanied by the alarming feelings of your mother and you, you might want to be more careful.

Try placing crosses in every room of the house but particularly in the baby's room and try some cleansing ceremony in addition to that. I'm afraid I don't know what your belief system is but, then again, there are so many practices that apply to all people.

Try to get your mother to spend some more time with you and the baby before you actually move;that is, avoid being alone for too long-that makes you both easier targets.

If I were you, I wouldn't try to communicate with the presence or provoke it in any way. This is not your "battle". You have a little baby to protect and it's more vulnerable than you.

Finally, try leaving that house, the sooner, the better. I gather you can't stay anywhere else until you move for good?
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Good story. I know that babies when they are young seem to track things when you are feeding them, but really they can't see anything past your face. That and they are very curious about everything. I wouldn't worry to much just yet. As far as your house, go with your gut. Use what you feel is right to protect your home. I would ward/bless the nursery. Good luck, keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: