You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Home And New Haunts

Real Ghost Stories

New Home And New Haunts

 

I have been waiting a while to relate my new experiences on here. We finally moved out of the old haunted apartment into a nice house in the country. Though it is nice to have peace and quiet, I do sometimes miss the stir of vibes from the multiple ghosts in the old place. Living here shows how full the other place really was!

My new house is around the corner from a grave yard and church. My road is parallel to one of the older highways in the area. A community full of tobacco farms and cows. From the moment I stepped foot in this house, I felt like there was something more than met the eye, though it didn't feel nearly as busy as my old place, as I stated previously.

I stayed the first few nights here alone with my baby, getting everything settled and enjoying the place to ourselves. There were a few times I noticed a gray blur in the hall near the back two bedrooms. As I began unpacking, I kept seeing a white blur in the yard like it was trying to get into the house. I wondered if I had inadvertently "locked" some "inhabitant" out as the first thing I did was set up a protective barrier to ward off unwanted "guests". I eventually wrote it off as fatigue, until my mother saw it and asked me if I had seen it.

It snowed the first week we were here, and we took it as a good omen, as Jeff and I both love the snow. It was then I kept thinking I saw an actual solid body out of the corner of my eye.

Another week or two passes, and I keep seeing this guy out of the corner of my eye. He is in his late twenties, fairly tall, light brown to blonde hair, and medium skin. I didn't pay too much attention to it again as my son's first birthday was approaching, and there were guests coming the whole way up from Georgia.

As I was doing some cleaning, loading the washing machine, I heard, "Hey Steph," in a voice very similar to Jeff's. Not thinking, I replied, "What?" No reply, "What?!" I say again hoping he would just come to me. I put the soap in the machine, turn it on and prepare to go to the back bedroom we turned into and office. I then realized, Jeff was at work. "Okay, so you know my name now," I remember saying out loud, and then "it would be nice if I knew yours!" and I continued with my chores.

Time was passing and I got the feeling I was not alone at times. Sometimes I heard footsteps in our attic during the day. My son started playing with someone in his room, speaking his baby babble. And as of current, since he has really begun to form words and sentences, he argues with him/it. He will be talking inaudibly for a while and then I hear him in his room saying "No, no, no, MINE! MINE!" He is still too young for imaginary play, so I think there is something up with that. There are also times that objects move.

One night, my son Chris woke me up at around three am, and I was having a heck of a time trying to get him to go back to sleep. He fought it and fought it, and kept looking out in the hallway pointing. He kept saying "Ball, ball, ball," and finally exhausted as the sun was beginning to come up, I decided to lay us both down on the couch hoping he would take the hint. As I made my way into the hall, I kicked a ball that was there back into Chris's room where it belongs.

When I entered the living room, I moved the laundry baskets from in front of the couch where I had left them the night before, folding laundry. I got us situated and it just barely seemed like he was about to go to sleep when he popped his head straight up and said, "Ball!" and points. I looked down, and the ball that I had kicked back into his room was now just a foot in front of the couch, where I had just moved the laundry baskets from! Chills ran down my spine, and goose bumps rose up my arms. For the first and only time in this house I was scared, and felt like running. "I would appreciate it if you would leave my son and me alone when we are trying to sleep!" I said to the air getting angry. Eventually the feeling passed and Chris and I slept the rest of the early morning on the couch.

There was about the same activity after that with the seeing things, and hearing my name called, until the last few weeks.

I decided to do a couple of EVP sessions. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted it thinking I was deleting a recording from class. But in it I definitely heard a guy say, "Sh... Dude I think I cut something!" Jeff said he heard the same thing. He thought it was weird being a HUGE skeptic.

After I accidentally deleted it, I tried and tried again to get another EVP, but to no avail.

Then just this past Thursday, Jeff called the house, and said a guy answered the phone. He asked who it was and he said Jeremy and then hung up. We checked with our caller ID and his cell phone call record and the call was present on both phones at the same time. The funny thing was the answering machine was somehow turned off too, and the phone was no longer working right. It all of a sudden was really quiet like the volume was turned down the whole way but it is actually turned all the way up!

Another thing happened today. I was sitting on the couch in the living room trying to wake up, and generally being lazy. My son was playing with the cat who was desperate for food meowing at the door to the pantry, where we keep his bowls. I told Chris, "Open the door!" and he continued to play. I asked him a few more times, and he ignored me. I was just about to get up and the pantry door opened on its own. The cat went in happily, and began munching.

I can't wait to do more research on this home to hopefully get an explanation to what we have witnessed here. I also hope that I will be able to catch something on EVP so I can post it here as an update.

Thank you all for reading my story and I hope you all have a Happy Halloween!

Other hauntings by faerielike

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faerielike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lix80 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
wow you even asked for his name?... Id just be too scared... You are brave!
But now with his name you maybe could do some research or something?
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Thats a pretty cool story, This ghost can't mean too much harm and they sound young I mean if they said the word Dude lol id love to hear more about this house 😊
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
Yeah, I know his name, but for some odd reason I am having problems finding records to my house. I really think something went on here, they totally remodeled it before we moved in, and it is a fairly new house. Thank you for reading! 😊
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Well, you know his name now... I suppose that's something, right?
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-20)
I really have not noticed anything extreme to note as a definate reaction. It is hard to tell when he is reacting to my son nearly constantly. He is either running away from my son or looking for him when he is not around or napping.
I would think that the cat isn't concerned with the being with his nachalant attitude wen the door opened. But he does think with his gut! Hah hah!
This cat has reacted to other activity in my old home, which is in another story I have written on here. If anything else happens I will post it.
Thanks for reading! ❤ 😊
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-19)
Great story! 1 question: does your cat react to any of this activity?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: