You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Peekaboo And The Flowy One

Real Ghost Stories

Peekaboo And The Flowy One

 

Since I had my son, Chris, my mother and I have noticed a new entity at her house. My mom was the first to see it, and said nothing of it just to see if I was seeing the same thing as her.

If you are sitting in the living room, there is a large entry way to the dining room. Whilst relaxing on the couch one day, I see a shadowy sort of figure peek around the side of the wall, and duck back. I asked Mom if she saw it, and she asked what I saw. I told her and she revealed that she had been seeing it but didn't want to say anything just to see if I was seeing the same thing.

Well, another day I had Chris over there with me. I was sitting with him on the couch closest to the entry. Suddenly I see the figure peek, and Chris starts laughing. I don't look at the figure but just look at my son laughing his little head off at this entity. The entity poked its head at least four or five times before it stopped when my mother said something. This ghost was playing "peek a boo" with my son!

Another ghost that made a brief appearance visited about two months ago or so. The first time, I had just Chris in his crib. I was in front of my dresser, and the bathroom door is to the left of that. Suddenly I heard the all too familiar sound of a knee popping, as my mom's joint pop, and the sound of a bare foot stepping on the linoleum. I looked up to the door way thinking maybe it was Jeff, and distinctly saw a small woman in a flowing night gown. She was white and illuminated, and I only saw her for a split second.

I saw this apparition a second time one night. It was in the evening, and the sun had set an hour or two previous. Jeff was out bowling with his league. I had Chris playing on the floor, and I was watching a movie... I don't remember which one. At the commercial break I went to the bathroom and rushed back, not wanting to leave my mischievous little guy alone too long. When I stepped into the room, I saw the same white glowing figure floating up into the ceiling just above Chris.

The next week I went to Virginia to visit my Aunt and Grandmother, who lives with my aunt. One night after everyone, including Chris had gone to bed. I was going for the midnight munchies to eat while watching a late movie. I turned around from the fridge, and I saw the figure by the window.

She was just standing there, and vanished.

Previous to my Aunt's house I thought maybe it was Jeff's Great Grandma popping in to see Chris. But after seeing it there, in Virginia, I decided it could be my Great Aunt Ruthie. My mom agreed with this idea saying that she might have unfinished business, as is quite likely with that side of that family.

Other hauntings by faerielike

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faerielike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Thanks Chris. I do think it might be a relative. An interesting update to that, I was messing around with my video camera the other day, just filming Chris for the heck of it, since he won't be this little forever, and I caught a strange orb that comes in and out of the picture. It isn't the common shape or illumination of dust or any other orbs I have ever seen in video or pictures. As soon as I can figure out how to put it on my computer and u-tube or what not, I will post it with a story. Happy hauntings all! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi faerielike its so nice to see you here again. You know what realy got me thinking is either this spirit who comes for visits realy loves children, (I like that game to 😆) Or this might be a relative who passed away and like to see your little Chris once in a while. Spirits can come to us and see how we are doing. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Thanks Tammy! 😁
It has been harder for me to get on here and accomplish things now my son is mobile! He is as mischievous as his mother and his aunt!
It is great having someone in the family who sees the same. My sister on the other hand might see it but denies what she sees... Sometimes. Her philosophy is there are enough dog gone people on this earth without have to worry about invisible ones too! 😆
Hopefully will have one posted on behalf of my sister soon!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
faerielike welcome back 😊!

Thank you for sharing a few more of your distinct experiences which as always I have enjoyed.

You are lucky to have others in your family who not only understand you but even see what you see-it becomes unbearably lonely when there's no one to share such encounters with.

I'm glad the experiences were all positive and that you seem to know who it is or, at least "suspect".

I hope your family helps her move on.

Tammy
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
No, it looks like he has kind of fuzzy hair... Kind of like a seventies style cut. It flips out at the sides of his head. But I definitely get the impression that it is a he. I sometimes wonder if it my deceased Uncle Weasel as he had curly hair, and long ago it flipped out like that.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
I too had a figure that would peak around the corner. "He" would be a shadow that I would see out of the corner of my eye. I called him my traveler because my sister, has seen the same figure in every house she has lived in and others tell me of the same type visitor to their homes. Did yours have a brimmed hat on his head?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: