You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Goat And That Weird Creature In The Valley

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Goat And That Weird Creature In The Valley

 

The following 2 stories are short so I added them together.

One of my grandmother's hobbies was to sit down beside me and relate her ghost stories to me. That sounds very weird as I'm only one of her 52 nieces and nephews. But it seemed like I was the only one to listen to her.

She told me that once at about 6am she was walking through the valley I mentioned before in the grandpa story and suddenly from nowhere a glowing white goat (or it looked like one) started following her by walking on the rubble walls.

This was a strange appearance because all those of you who like me have a goat know that the faster you walk, the faster they follow. In this case, the goat seemed to lead the way. My grandma followed her but the goat suddenly just vanished into thin air and that's the last time she saw her.

I am writing this story on my grandfather's behalf... Well he's been gone for about 3 years now.

My grandparents used to live in an old farmhouse (which my family now owns) at the very top of a very small village, north to where our house is. This is a farming village and has only about 200 residents and at night it can be VERY spooky especially because of the road leading to it. First it's very steep down hill, than you have to pass through a valley than a very steep uphill.

My grandpa owned a pick up truck. Once he was telling me that he going to make some errands very early in the morning (about 4am) and he was driving through the dark road that separates the village he lived in from the rest of the town. As soon as he reached the valley, a figure jumped on the open part of the pick up and didn't move an inch.

My grandpa was in such a shock he just continued driving. As soon as he approached the town's cemetery, this thing jumped off.

I really wonder what it was because he himself couldn't make that out. Maybe a lost soul? Who knows!

Other hauntings by osyka

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, osyka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Hey osyka, I really loved your both stories but its a coincidence your first story matches with my mum's experience. She has also encoundered a ghostly goat when I was 7 years old
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
I have to agree with FRAWIN on the free passenger thought there. Only because there was a time when I used to do that when traveling in the early morning times. I would simply slid off the tailgate, or step off of the running board when we got close enough to my destination.
The goat is interesting. Your grandmother followed it until it simply disappeared?
What was at the end of that road?
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Wow osyka these stories are great! I loved the one with the goat. I to live in the country and I have just about the same amount of residents as you do. And it can be scary at nights. Great story. Thanks for sharring. The creature who hopped on the pick up... To be honest I don't think you would want to know who or what it was. Very scary. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MDK94 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Great Story Osyka, Your grandfather was a lucky man to have helped a wayward soul Best Wishes 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hello osyka. I am not sure what you mean by the by the "open part of the pick up ". Did the figure jump in the bed of the truck or on the running board? I can certainly see where your Grandpa would be shook up, if someone/thing jumped on my truck at four in the morning, I sure as hell wouldn't stop to see what it was. If I were to venture a guess, I would say that it was a person that hitched an early morning ride and where he jumped of at just added a more sinister feel to a already frightening experience. Thank you sharing these stories with us, I truly enjoyed them. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
HI, the first story I think was very cool same as the 2nd story. I think the goat that was loved by the family and died there where it disappered. The 2nd story I think was a ghost that got a ride on somebodys truck and didn't make it. Like he got in a cash. Hoped to hear from you again.
GIRLIE
😁
katie_haha (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
it probably was a lost soul since it went on his car and then jumped of at a cemetery haha 😆
niallacaldwell (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
WOW Thats weird. I have never heard of anything like that! If they are real, who knows what they are!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: