You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings Around Me

 

I am really happy to finally submit my experiences in this site. I would greatly appreciate comments about them too. Basically all my experience happened in one place; the house I live in with my parents in Mosta, Malta.

Dad bought the house (which was still being built at the time) back in 1992. When we moved in, my sister and I got to choose our room, but after 3 years mum was pregnant with my youngest sister and I had to share my room with her, so my eldest sister and I swapped rooms. Since the first day I slept in this particular bedroom I felt that I was being observed, plenty of times during the night I would hear someone call my name from one particular corner of my bedroom, I would answer back (thinking it was mum) only to realise she was not only fast asleep but snoring!

In front of the beds and between the wardrobes, we had a huge mirror which from it, one could see the corridor. Occasionally, I would be reading late at night and something would catch my eyes from the corridor, when I looked, I could see nothing. This following experience is very weird, it happened to me twice and both during our very hot summers. I would be sleeping at night and suddenly I would feel a heavy load upon me and trying to keep me pinned to the bed, I would be cold and the surrounding atmosphere would be hot as hell. I would try to scream and no voice came out! Anybody knows what that is?

Before I bought my lap top, I would be on the computer which is situated at the end of the corridor I, the second level of the house and from the web-cam my friend once saw a male figure behind me, crossing from wall to wall! My cousin from Australia in broad daylight also saw a white figure crossing the screen. Once I was really afraid, it was round about 1am and I could hear footsteps coming from downstairs up to where I was (again on the computer), as soon as the noise of the footsteps got nearer and reached me as close as 2 feet, it stopped, and I could feel pressure facing me. Or else, I would be on the computer and I could feel the exact feeling of someone coming from behind you a type of pressure, so I used to look back, only to look and find no one or nothing.

I also took several pictures of rooms in my house to discover orbs in them, and I would have cleaned the lens before to be 100% sure. Once I also took a picture and the photo of a man came up. A man I had never seen before. My eldest sister says that I had strange things happening around me since I was a child and even nowadays I have premonitions and these strange things only happen to me. My sister now lives in Rome and once she phoned me up and told me that she met a woman in an open market and told her that I was protected!

When I enter certain places I can feel the positive or negative air and I can also get emotional with no specific reason. Now recently I got a cat and at times at night it would start running like mad and when in my room, she would start meowing like mad and make angry noises while looking very close to the ceiling. This is all really strange and I would like some honest and helpful opinions.

Other hauntings by osyka

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, osyka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
First, let me tell you that I most generally do not look at the other comments before posting my own. I like to feel as if the thoughts are my own, and not tainted by the other posters.
The first account that you wrote of sounds like Sleep Paralysis. There are a lot of people who have experienced this who can make that situation more clear than what I could. I would say that all the other facts surround one another. They are all connected, so to speak. The figures that were seen via your web cam, are the same ones that you feel and see the pranks of.
You are in no real danger. Some of the entities (especially the young woman) are very ANGRY, but they WILL NOT harm you. They are angry with the SITUATION, and not with you.
If it is permissible in your home, I would purchase, and burn a lavender incense. All that will do is get rid of the negative energies in that room, and give you a screen of protection. The scent is nice, also, and a bit of aromatherapy never hurt anyone.
Thank you.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
You indeed are an empath, do you still have those pictures? If you do you should put them with this story, it would be a good addition
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
I wouldn't say he/she (sorry, I don't know your gender) is an empath, the fact that you felt something is because we have a "danger sense". If you close your eyes and get someone to stand next/behind/infront of you, you'll pick it up straight away, it's just a way for our mind to say, "DANGER DANGER! OPEN YOUR EYES OR BE PREPARED!"

Or it's caused by paranoia.

I'm not saying that you didn't experience anything paranormal, I'm just saying that you may not be an empath because like I said - "Danger Sense". The wabcam bit did FREAK ME OUT THOUGH. XD

Take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi osyka. I would have to agree that you are an "Empath". Don't you just get the creepiest feeling when you hear your name being called by a disembodied voice? I hate that! Okay, the webcam thing is just down right creepy as hell. I can't even imagine if I was on the computer talking to someone and they said there was a man behind me and I turn around and no one is there. I think it would be even scarier if there actually WAS a real man there though, you know?! Animal's have a great sense when it comes to the spirit world.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Thankyou all for your comments, hi Brooke, 10x for posting. True that nick would never leave me hehe!
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
By the way, osyaka its me brooke ta I recognised you from your nickname =D
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
thers one thing I'm sure, our island is infested with ghosts and paranormal activity!

Cheers man xx
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Well I would have to say that I agree with most comments made here. Some things can be explained. I believe what you felt in bed was sleep paralysis. It does happen to a lot of people and can be very scary. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hello osyka. Hearing your name called is almost universal, a lot of people hear that. What you describe as being pinned to the bed, unable to scream sounds like sleep paralysis. The rest seems to fall into the paranormal. It seems by the way you describe yourself, you are highly sensitive and are an empath as well.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was interesting. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi Osyka,
Im glad you mentioned the cat part. My cat used to do the same all the time, especially in the corner of my room. Sometimes he would would stare and meow at my headboard and even at me for no reason and do the running back and fourth part to. (My cat is the type to only mess with you, when you mess with him).
He doesn't even go in my bedroom anymore.

I really enjoyed your story, especially the webcam part, wow I would be freaked out.
Do you still live in the house?
Its nice know that we can share stories with people from all over the world. Malta, wow, where is that?

Thanks for sharing a great story.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Wow, these sound like extremely interesting experiences. I can empathise with some of them and say that I've felt the same things, and others I believe are unique to you.

The holding down on the bed is a classic, and you'll find a whole section of similar experiences on this site called "Old hag/Sleep paralysis..."

Secondly the pressure of somebody next to you or behind you is exactly what I feel when I sense a ghost/spirit. I know that feeling really well. How utterly spooky to have stuff appear on the webcam! Eeek!

Finally, I think you should look up stuff about being an "empath..." I am an empath and I can sense feelings, emotions and moods and feel exactly how others feel. When I sense ghosts, I get a sense of their shape and touch (that pressure we were talking about) rather than seeing them. Look the word up and I think it might help you.

Great story.
Buka327 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
The part where you talk about being pinned down I've had a couple of experiences but every time it happens its always waking up from a really bad nightmare but even when I wake up I can feel something holding me down and it feels negative and evil. Doctors say its called sleep paralysis. Others say its like a demon on top of you. I don't know how true these things are but is the only things I could find on it. If you find anything let me know.
jessysteyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
hi there, a lot of people say that animals can see what we can not see, so maybe when you cat does that again, look at the same area and tell the "spirit" to go away. They normally listen
Keep well
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hello That strange expect the last one about your cat my cat doing same way running nuts and I told her what wrong also she stare at something in the corner or doorway last time she stare at the door way and I found out my friend died that day.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: