You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mysterious Woman In Car Accident

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Woman In Car Accident

 

As I have already said in a previous story, I work as a part-time care worker apart from my studies. One day a friend of mine needed a lift home after work and as it was late and there were no buses at that time, I decided to drive her home.

Unfortunately on our way to her house about 100 meters away from a round about a car hit us from behind. About 20 seconds before the accident I had a premonition that something was going to hit us hard and I told her to hold on tight but in the mean time to loosen the body's muscle so that the hit won't be damaging. I put the car on free gear and as soon as I did so, a huge bang and with that my car moved 5 feet from its original position. I was unhurt but my friend suffered a whiplash.

I went out to see what happened and what the damage was. At that the driver of the other car came out of his vehicle and I could see he had a female front seat passenger with him. Either in shock or because he was under the effect of alcohol, he started swearing as hell, so I took action, asked him for his drivers license and started filling up the necessary papers, than we moved the cars to the side.

After parking his car to the side the driver came back near me and I asked him if his passenger was fine. This was the worst thing I could ask, because once again he started swearing like hell and told me that there was no one in the car. Inquisitively, I asked him to open the car for me because I was 100% sure I saw a woman and to my amazement the car was empty. He was saying the truth.

If there was someone she could not have ran away or gotten out, not even hide unnoticed because where we where there was plenty of light and the cars were in front of us. I am still amazed at what happened as to this day I can describe the lady I saw and it still baffles me that it was probably a ghost!

Any suggestions?

Other hauntings by osyka

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, osyka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

queenlol (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-13)
I think that he might of been in a another car accident that had a female in the passagers seat killed
Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Maybe it was someone in that man's family who had died early on and had some sort of attachment to him.
bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
oyska wasn't you just seeing things or is this for real orr she was trying to kill him from him killing her she seems nice its wierd though how you thoght somat was going to happpen thts freaky good luck xx bob ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I have another though about the girl.
Maybe she died with him in another crash. And when you asked him if there was some lease with him that's why he swearing because there once was someone beside him. ORRRRRRRR she made him crash to kill him but it didn't work and she was looking at you to say sorry.
YES I'VE GOT IT!
GIRLIE gone crazy 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Flesh and blood?
You saw this woman and knew her to be flesh and blood.
I am NOT trying to start an argument. Truly. I am trying to understand.
I am trying to imagine I was out on a quiet road, past the time that the busses run. I am outside of my car, at the back, looking at my car to see if any damages occurred. In order to see if there had been any damages, I would have to be looking with the assistance of the artificial lighting along side of the road. As I was just in an accident, provided that the drunk driver had TURNED them on to begin with, HIS lights are also pointed at, or in the vicinity of my back bumper. I turn around to look at the other car...
There are white spots in front of my eyes, and my eyes have to adjust to see correctly. It is in my body's very fiber. That is indisputable.
Sorry. This story interested me so much that I had to do a bit of investigating out on our roads. And out here in the parking lot across the street (As I can not move quite like I used to just yet), my husband acted as the other driver, my daughter as the first driver and I just hopped along for the ride.
All three of us had difficulties in seeing a passenger in the second car. None of us could CLEARLY make out any details. And, she was just my neighbor.
Granted, the lighting may not be exactly as it were for you on this night. I can not replicate that as I have no clue as to the illumination of that road. You state in the body of the story that there was plenty of light.
Do you see why I am asking these questions? To have concrete answers to what you have experienced, you HAVE to be able to also deal with those who may have an alternative answer to the one you already readily accept. MANY times I have gone to someone with something that I thought may have been under the realm of Unknown, but there WAS an alternative answer. Neither one of us knows WHICH of the answers are correct, but at least we are able to look at both sides of what is possible.
I am just asking you to look beyond what you already know. Do you remember the questions you had asked in the e-mails? This is only what I am trying to SHOW you. It is easier to be forced into the habit of looking beyond than it is to be ASKED to look further.
Thank you my friend.
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Well whitebuffalo,

I could see clearly in the car and it was not headlights. It was a woman in flesh and blood, plus no, something just told me to prepare myself for the hit, it was after that I heard the breaks.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
As this was too late at night for the busses to be running, I am going to assume that you had your headlights on. Along that same thread, you mention that the area was well lit, so you would be able to see this woman leave in any direction thanks to artificial illumination.
I would suggest that what you saw was a reflection that resembled a woman straight down to the color of her hair. HIS headlights were probably on, too, and in squinting THROUGH the lights, our vision can do some pretty freaky things to us.
The part of the story FOR ME that I would want to check out is the fact that you KNEW this fender bender was going to occur, so you told your friend to brace herself, but to stay loose.
What were your clues? Had you been looking in the rear view and watched this drunk driver weaving on the road? Did you see his erratic driving and therefore warn your friend?
Thank you.
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
A haunted car? I have heard of many things but a haunted car? That's a new one.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Wouldn't we all love to have the answers... Great story, Osyka, thank you!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Really good one. I know for a fact that the accident does not have to be at the same spot where it happend.
I do know that the majority of the time the entity will follow the same path that they did in real life. For example the route they would take coming from work going home or going to a friends house. Maybe on their way there they had the accident and now they continue the same route. I don't mean as the kind of haunting that does not realize that it's dead and repeats the same thing over and over again. I mean one that does it over and over again but interacts with drivers that drive down the same road.

Since he was drunk he might have picked her up thinking she was a hitch hiker and not knowing that she looked kind of weird. At that point you were sensitive due to what you were already feeling and you were the one that saw her.

This is just a thought. Might not be like that at all.

Thanks for sharring and keep us posted.

osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Well actually, yes the girl was looking at me, she had dyed blonde hair and piercing balck eyes. No my friend didn't see her but she heard me ask him if she was ok... Bellissima if you read my other forthcoming stories they have something similar to what you're saying and a round about is a round concrete "island" in a main road that from it cars choose directions for other secondary roads. Sort of an intersection of which in Malta we are invaded with! The road the accident happened is at the end of a runway, and as far as I'm concerned I don't think that on the exact spot any accidents happened.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Wow another great story you shared with us. Indeed I realy enjoy reading them. To bad the man didn't want to listen to the description of the lady. You probably don't know her but maybe he does. Thanks for sharring and I'm looking forward to reading your other sstories soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
I would think it more odd that the lady didn't get out of the car or look in your direction. Guess what ever it was, curious, it was not. If human, you would have seen her leaving the car. Question? Did your friend see her or just you? Not saying what you saw wasn't real just saying it helps to have a witness. I would like to think it was a guardian angel. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hi osyka. Great story, I really like it. You say you were coming up to a 'round about', is that a roadway that merges onto another road or highway?I'm not familiar with the term, it probably doesn't matter, just curious. Have you ever heard of any other experiences in this area? There are a lot of stories about some person who was killed on a certain stretch of road and shows up and one way or another and prevents or warns of an accident or takes a ride with somebody for a few miles.Okay, smacks of urban legend.BUT- a lot these stories come from some truth, somewhere, sometime. Your story isn't sensational or ridiculous, I really think you saw a woman in his car. Maybe she was someone who was killed there and tries to prevent other mishaps. Guardian of the roadway maybe?-post script- I hope the bum who hit you got charged big time! Thanks for sharing your story.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
HI, I agree wuth FRAWIN 100%. The only thing diffent was that I think that you had your guaedian angel there and he had his. So maybe your angle told you about the cash before it happened so that is how you knew. Cool story and hope to hear from you again.
GIRLIE 😁 ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hello osyka. I don't really know, maybe she was a guardian angel- his, yours or maybe both of yours. You did get the warning in time to take evasive action and maybe she did something in his car to lessen the severity of the crash. Who really knows?

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: