You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: This Is Martha, My Angel Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

This Is Martha, My Angel Of Death

 

I used to work as a care worker with the elderly in an elderly home. This home is a private one and has 3 floors and on the third one there's a sort of specialized unit. In it patients with CVAs, CAs, Alzheimer's and Dementia reside.

Once I was on night shift on this particular ward and I knew that we had a dying patient. He was not a very old man, only in his 60s. He had a CA brain but funnily enough he was very well in his senses and knew very well what was going on around him. On this particular night, I was on charge of this specialized ward and some time after 10PM I could here someone talk in this particular partition.

I went over to see this man talking to what seemed to me himself, but as soon as I approached his bed I could see that he was sort of discussing a matter with an empty chair. Not being a skeptic I asked him to whom he was talking to, as soon as I did so he told me " This is Martha"...sincerely, I was surprised but not afraid.

I was following his case very close and I knew that he didn't have any close relatives with the name of Martha, at least living ones. I told him that I wasn't seeing anybody and was about to sit on this empty car beside his bed. He soon scolded me not to do so, as Martha was sitting there. I asked him what she was telling him and how she was dressed. He told me that she was all in black and was telling him to go with her. He said she was now turning round his bed and her face looked beautiful but sad.

At that, I left him and went behind the nursing station. An hour after that it was time for the floor round. On approaching his partition I sensed something was wrong, I looked at him and he was white and motionless. I went to check his pulse and feel his skin. He was cold and had no pulse. Than I knew in my heart who "Martha" was, his angel of death. After that my colleagues and I prepared him for his family to see.

The following day I had the opportunity to speak with his wife, I asked her if she knew of any Martha and she told me that it was her husbands' deceased sister. She asked me how I knew about her. I couldn't tell her, I didn't know how to put the words. But there and then I knew that her husband had been saying the truth.

Other hauntings by osyka

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, osyka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
After what I was told happened to my Great Uncle, by a pastor friend of his, regarding his passing, I believe that we all have someone to help us over.

According to this pastor, he'd gone over to visit my GU and had been asked to go get them some iced tea. Upon his return to the living room, my GU looked at him and pointed at the window.

"Isn't she beautiful?" GU said.

When asked who, my GU replied "The angel come to take me home." Afterwards, he lightly slipped out of the chair he was sitting in, already deceased.

I hope mine will be the dog I've already had an encounter with, as I still am not completely over her passing several years later.
ti90 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Dear Osyka,

I hope I don't sound rude but I am a health carer at a local hospital in Malta and I see a lot of brain ca cases since my job is to diagnose them as having such an illness. Unfortunately brain Ca's tend to make the person confused. They are in such a confused state at the end of their life that they hallucinate. The fact that Martha was a relative continues to prove that he knew her so it was easy for him to hallucinate about her. The fact, also, that she was wearing black may indicate that she was wearing the same dress before she was buried in her funeral-possibly it is the last time he had seen her before closing the casket hence remembering her as such until his dying day. There is no explanation to why he saw her as the last person in his head but that is also due to the ca. Had you felt a presence or at least saw or heard something out of the ordinary, would have been a completely different story but this is more likely to be his hallucination.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
You know what I say when I am forced with the situation of your final paragraph? I simply say that "Mr. Mann spoke of her to me recently". You would not have been lying, and it would have relieved you a bit of the emotions of the situation. It works well with me, at least.
Thank you.
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Thankyou my friends for the nice comments you're leaving about my stories, I just posted one yesterday and I hope I'll have the time to post moreπŸ˜‰
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
This is a really sweet story. Its coomforting to think that a person doesn't have to take that final journey alone.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi Osyka,

That story just gave me goosebumps! I have heard similar stories concerning people about to die. In a strange way it gives me comfort to know that in my last hour I will not be alone but hopefully with my loved ones. Thank you for sharing it.

Sarah.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi and thank you for sharring this very nice story. I know death is a sad part of life but I'm always glad to hear that a family member comes to pick someone up. It shows that they are taking them to a better place. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
I always enjoy your stories.
Thanks for sharing. 😊
I agree with Kimsouth, its wonderful that someone guided him through his final journey.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
HI, Cool story I was going to say that maybe it was the Martha that died was who his was talking to. I guess I was right.
GIRLIE 😁 πŸ˜†
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
I admire your not being skeptical in this situation.

It is wonderful that he had a guide to assist him on his final journey.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: