You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Thought It Was My Sister

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought It Was My Sister

 

I remember when I was in sixth grade and living in an apartment complex where we just moved to, located in Dallas, Texas. At that time, my mom worked first shift and my dad worked third shift. My mom was my alarm clock as she called to wake me up so I can wake my younger siblings.

Before going to the bathroom, I woke my sister up to get ready and asked her to tell my little brother to get up. When I got done taking the shower, I saw the door knob moving or twisting like someone was trying to get in. It didn't bother me and I didn't care. As I grabbed the door knob, one of us were trying to get in and out at the same time. When I opened the bathroom door, there was black long straight hair with the same height like my sister's swing to the right, going to my parent's room. I jumped when I saw the long black hair and I think she got scared and ran way from me. I guess we both were scared of each other.

I don't know why at that time I just didn't grab that thing's hair. I followed her and it took me directly to my parent's room. There was my sister rubbing her eyes, sleeping next to my brother, and trying to get up. I don't remember being afraid but I asked my sister in an angry tone, "Was that you?" She said it wasn't her. I told her that she needs to stop playing tricks on me or I'll tell Mom on her.

That evening, I told my mom that I saw something with long black hair, just like my little sister. My mom told her to stop playing around. My sister was mad and said it wasn't her and she didn't do it. Then my mom just stopped there.

When we got older, I asked my sister one more time was it her back then, she said she swore it wasn't her and she not trying to scared me. One time, I reminded my mom and she knew it wasn't my sister. She said she didn't want to scare me. My mom was very confusing and I asked her why little kids see things? My mom said some kids can see, feel, hear, things.

Other hauntings by aherr

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aherr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Now I know what is a doppleganger. Scary now... Thanks for telling me what it is.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
That little girl sort of scared me but I didn't let it bother me. I knew all along it was not my sister. How could she traveled so fast, while I'm following her? It's unbelievable.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Thank you for hsrring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that White Buffalo is on the right track. It must have been a doppleganger. I realy hate them. Not that I have seen one but if I did I would go crazy! And I'm serious. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hi your mom was right about kids being able to see and hear things, I know my niece did when we were living in our apartment. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hi aherr and thanks for sharing your story with us!

Whoa, you must have been startled to see a long, black hair girl looking exactly like your sister just looking at you! I agree with whitebuffalo that what you saw must have seen a doppleganger. If you want the full meaning of that, go to Wikipedia and search for that. Thanks and hope to hearing more from you!

Biemaster
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hi aherr. Your mom was right by saying some kids can see, feel and hear things. Animals can also sense strange occurrences and have this ability. Thank you for your story and take care of yourself.
GothGirlRaven13 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
ya mom was right on that kids can and do hear see and feel things more than adults I don'tknow y though. That was a very interesting experence though.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Your Mom was right. Some kids just DO see things.
I am wondering if you ever thought of the possibility of what you saw was actually a doppleganger? In a nutshell, a doppleganger is the ghostly double of a living person. There are other names that they go by, but they mean the same.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: