You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Really Chilling House Sitting Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Really Chilling House Sitting Experience

 

A good couple of years ago I lived in a semi detached house with my cousin, her husband and their two children. They were going on holiday and asked if I would watch their house for them. Sure, I said, why not?

I asked their daughter if I could please use her room to sleep in as it had all the amenities that I needed. After agreeing, she asked me over and over again if I was sure and did I really want to sleep in her room. Yeah, I said... It would be just fine.

That evening, when my family on the other side of the house fell asleep, I lay down and watched the telly. Peaceful enough, I thought, until I became rather depressed and very sullen. What was happening to me?

I decided to turn the TV off and go to bed. It was a few moments later when I felt the room become very dark and heavy feeling, and I heard a malevolent laugh. We had a housekeeper that lived in a cottage just outside the house and I called out to see if it was her. No answer.

I don't even think that it was a few minutes later that I felt a force pushing against my shoulders and a louder, more scary laugh. I tried and tried but could just not get off my bed. After screaming the Lord's Prayer out, I was released and ran hysterically towards the gate that divided our two houses. I finally got away but never, and I repeat never, did I sleep on that side of the house again.

Other hauntings by kerrylee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kerrylee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Phrenzy (36 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
That is JACKED UP beyond all reason 😐. I'm no christian, but if the lords prayer works, then go back to that room and say it until your face turns blue. Then the spirit will KNOW that you meen business. If it means no harm it needs to exprss that, maybe prayer will set it free. 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-22)
It seems as if the house needs to be lightened. As you stayed in the daughters room, I would start there (I know, you said that you have not stayed there since). Throw open the windows, completely, physically clean the room, have ALL the doors open (closets, side rooms, all of them). Get the dust bunnies out of the corners and wipe off the sills. BREATH LIGHT into the home.
Dark energies get trapped as they have no where to go. If you make the path easier, they tend to thank you with the act of LEAVING. As this was a daughters room, I am making assumptions of time here, and it may come back to bite me, but teenagers and young adults have dark thoughts at times. For that matter, so do adults. If there is no way for them to escape, often times they fester to the bursting point and all that is left is for them to explode.
Do not let them. Clean the house, light a few incense, (or whatever aroma therapy you are into) CLEAR THE AIR. Our physical world is NOT just people, but our spaces as well.
Thank you.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-18)
Perhaps it was imagination. We all seem to have that. I truly do not believe it was anything paranormal. Good luck though!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-18)
Wow this must have been a very scary experience. I bet Your cousine knew that there was something not right in that room. Maybe there is a portal opened there. Thansk fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Wicked (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
To me this sounds more demonic than spiritual. Spirits can be evil but it seems more like a closely avoided possession. I'm glad you got away though! Stay safe!
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Find out the history of the house. That might help. But that was creepy! If I was there, I would have ran out screaming hysterically. I hope you get rid of the ghost! 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Apparently your relative knew something might take place and it surely did. I am assuming you were still wide awake when you heard the laughing because what you have described does sound like sleep paralysis. The inability to move is a classic symptom. This aside they very well may have a spirit with a dark essence. I guess you won't be housesitting anymore and I can't say as I blame you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Did you discuss this matter with your cousins, the owners/occupants of the house? Had this type of occurance happened to them?

God Bless!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Wow, thanks for another interesting story. I would have done the same as you, I would have never slept in that room again. 😨
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-17)
Wow!, I don't know how your daughter's cousin can sleep there! I would be scared out of my mind 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: