You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Sister Stella

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister Stella

 

My sister Stella is 4 years old now and I am 13. One day my dad and my little brother went to football practice and my mom was at work. So I had to watch Stella alone in our small house. It was around 7:30 at night. We were watching Hanna Montana when suddenly my sister looked at me and asked "who those people are?" I was really confused I just said "that's Hanna Monntana". She sighed and said no those people and she pointed across the room at our dining room. I asked her what people? She just kept pointing. As soon as she started asking about the people she stopped. When I asked her again she just looked at me and asked me for a cheese stick. I asked her again and again but she just looked at me.

The next day I was going out with my friends and I asked her how many people there were and she said three. I asked her if they were boys or girls, she said they were mixed. I also asked her if they scared her and she said no, that they talked to her. I had to go out so I left and came back about 2 hours later. I asked her the same questions again. She gave me the same answers. This surprised me because my sister has really bad memory. She can't remember the names of her friends from school by the time she comes home.

I told my mom and she thought that my sisters "Experience" was really strange.

A month before my mom was pregnant with my sister she went to see a physic with my dad, uncle, and aunt. The physic told my mom that she was going to have a daughter who could see spirits.

If you have any ideas about what happened please post a comment.

Thank you, Cristina

Other hauntings by ghostfreak14

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostfreak14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
That's very interesting! Thanks for sharing this story! 😆

-erin19 ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Hi, and yes I agree with everyone I HAVE always believed that children can see spirits. I have a little brother and I am sure that he can see ghosts/spirits

Princess123 x ❤
lovindaparanormal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
I'm glad the spirits your sister undoubtedly saw didn't scare her. Thats really not too uncommon though. Kids your sister's age haven't been taught by hollywood and other people to fear what they can't explain. They just accept it and move on. Please don't ever discourage her in talking about her expieriences. If let to discuss it as if it's an every day occurence she may always have the pleasure of these visits and help others to more clearly understand the paranormal.
Kavya (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Wow...maybe your sister can really see the spirits. You might be able to find out what she saw when she's older... Keep us posted! ❤
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
she saw the spirits, in the same excat place that since I was reallly little have sort of felt like someone was there besides me even if I was the only one there. I guess felt is the right word...
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Children are sensitive to spirits and other entities. Your sister is very lucky to have a gift like that. She may be happy with it when she gets older, unless if she doesn't have the power anymore.

Good luck with the future, and keep up posted about what else she sees.
😊
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
According to the studies and cases I've read, children easily see spirits and in most of them it's an ability that sadly wanes as they grow up. A very few of them retain it to adulthood.

One theory was that young minds are still opened to the possible, not just the evident, and that open sensitivity has yet to be aculturated out of them as grownups. Another theory says that our brain chemistry actually changes as we mature so that all those open psychic channels shut down with age. Still another says that children are still relatively near the "other world" where they were before they were born so they can more easily see beings who are there.

Not sure which of these are true or if all of them are, but chances are your talented sister will have less incidence of these occurences as she grows up.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
I have always believed that children are more likely to see spirits.
This sounds like what has happened with your sister. This gift she has may only last for a few more years, or maybe it will stay with her for her whole life.
It's good that they said they didn't scare her, that is a good sign 😊
Hope to hear from you soon.
Take care. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: