You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Please Help, I Do Not Want To Ever Feel This Again

Real Ghost Stories

Please Help, I Do Not Want To Ever Feel This Again

 

I am a fourteen year old teenage boy who has been experiencing some weird things lately. About three months ago, I decided to sleep at the opposite end of my bed where I usually sleep. Usually my head would be facing north and my feet south. But this time my feet were facing north and my head was facing south. That's when the painful experiences started.

I woke up in the middle of the night and could not move. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't. I could only struggle to move my eyelids. I could not completely open them. Did I mention that my new dog was sleeping next to me on my bed? People tell me that animals are supposed to sense spirits and scare them away by barking or growling at them. But my dog was sound asleep. My dog is not like other dogs though, he has a more gentle and lazy spirit.

My arms felt like they were being held down by someone or something. This had happened to me before but this time was much more painful. My body was tensed and it started hurting after awhile. Knowing that you were awake and could not move was really scary for me.

When I could move, I did not go back to sleep until the sun rose. A couple of days later, I was feeling tired so I went to sleep at about five in the afternoon. I slept in my room with the curtains pulled down tightly and so my room was dark, like it was night. This time, I could hear someone, a woman, whispering or chanting in my ear. I could not move but this time I rolled my eyes all the way back and saw a single eye looking down at me. I was freaked so I closed my eyes.

The weird thing was that, I could see my dog crawling and scratching at the door, but when I woke up he wasn't there. The time that this happened, it was only between two to five minutes. I checked the time before I went to sleep and checked it again when I woke up. But despite all that, it seemed like I was stuck in bed struggling to move for several hours. And now, just ten minutes ago it happened again. But this one was also painful and frustrating.

I was starting to doze off, suddenly the air got colder. I thought it was just the cold weather, then my forehead had an itch or it felt like it was being meddled with. So I just scratched it. When I went to sleep, everything was fine, until I woke up. Again, it felt like someone was holding me down keeping me from moving. But this time was in my living room.

Most Asians have a tradition to put a chapel in the living room with pictures of Buddha and monks to keep evil spirits away, but despite sleeping in front of the chapel, it happened again. My mother also gave me a chant to say in my head if this was to ever happen again. The chant was like a calling to Buddha, a cry for help. I was chanting in my head, and then I could hear it out loud and clear. The ghost was repeating what I said, like it was mocking me. My body then seemed really soar, like someone was wrapping themselves around me, squeezing the hell out of me.

I looked back again and saw a dark figure, again scared and closed my eyes. When I woke up, I was breathing heavily. So I decided to check the net for answers, then I found this site.

Again when this happened, my dog was in the same room. To all the readers that this has happened to, the key to get the ghost off you is to resist and never give in. People from the last generations tell me that they either want to take over your body or just mess around with you. If you give in, well you will be possessed. Not only that it's a danger to you, but to your family as well. If you give in, the ghosts will use your body for bad intentions. It will harm your body or even make you kill yourself. Or even worse, it will make you do things to your family that even cannot be spoken of.

Remember to resist. And readers please help me with your kind words and compliments. I hate the feeling of being attacked by a ghost. Please give me advice and help me find a way to get rid of my problems. My family and friends won't, they just listen and laugh.

Thank you for reading my story, and I would like to say that this is no joke, sometimes I wish it was. Again, thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mcfatty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
I am a very open minded person but in this case I don't think what you experienced was paranormal. Terrifying, yes but not paranormal.

Sleep paralysis is very common and is an awful thing to experience. Maybe you should do some research about it.
dvang1 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
Hello everyone, I posted a few comments under Emma's Story something similiar to this, her story is pretty much the same it is titled UNwanted company again please go and read.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Very interesting story. I too have awoke to find myself unable to move, it is no fun and very scary. I was only maybe 9 when this happened to me. All you can do is pray, pray to Buhda (sorry if I misspelled that) or whichever God you believe in. Burn sage in your house, it will help send the spirits away. It is an old tradition.

Thanks for sharing the memory!
winwin (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Mcfatty can ask you a few questions? Are you chines? If yes, Where you from? This thing happen to you got how long? Did you know I have a same experiences like you when I was very young, If don't have my mum to safe me I am not be here. I am attack by the old ghost is a old lady. She is very powerful ghost. I & my mum, can see her in my house. She never want to go she want me to be her, she take time to kill me. My mum she try to find the special powerful person to help me, but the ghost is to powerful. This is a very long stories, I can't tell you But I only can say is... You have to move house & look for the person got special power to lock or stop her spirit to follow you & your family. In the night time you have to on one small light in your room after you sleep. You cannot scare her... If you scare her she will more powerful yar I know talk is easy face to the problem you can't control your self. But you have too you are not 4 to 8 years old... You are 14 year old. You are a big boy. Let here know this world is not belong to her and she did bad thing again, tell her I will ask the fighting god or the black magic to get your spirit if you want to dead again...
Is not every ghost and spirit is bad, But you are unlucky to face this ghost. If she come to you at night you no need to use your mouth to talk to her you use your heart to think the spirit can hear you. Look for the special person to help you.
This is the only way can help.

Good luck...
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
mcfatty,

When I was in my early teens I experienced sleep paralysis a few times. Maybe this is happening to you? Now I am in my fifties..., yet I recently had another attack. The sense that there was something very evil was very powerful. I am a Christian, and I am not trying to change your beliefs, but hope what I say may help you.

Please read another story posted on this site by the title of "The Tall Skinny Man by Erte4879." Then please read my comments under the name "EyesWideOpen."

During my last experience with sleep paralysis, it sounded like there was a "poltergeist" making noise that sounded like the house was being torn apart, and it was coming closer to me. I tried to get up, but something was holding me down. I couldn't scream, and I couldn't open my eyes. I simply said in my mind, "Lord Jesus help me." I was able to immediately roll over just in time to "see" an entity about 7 feet tall entering my room but stopped at the door way, and it disappeared.
I only saw its face for a second, but it looked like a very old thin skin streched over a skull..., no eyes and very scary. It was dressed like the old cowboys that used to drive cattle across country, and he was very big.
_miss_jacob1205525 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Oh...my...goood!

This EXACT thing had happened to ME! Where do you live?! 😭
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Poor dear. This is "kanashibari". I'm afraid I only know the Japanese term for this. It sounds like you have knowledge of this phenomenon in your own Asian culture as well. Kanashibari translates to "wrapped in bandages". Both kindly and malevolent spirits are said to play with the young while they are at rest, but not asleep, sometimes delighting in switching the direction that they are facing as they sleep, like from end to end, sometimes just immobilizing them. In my experience, the entity let loose a torrent of demonic laughter straight into my ears. I came to learn about this phenomenon through this personal experience in Japan.

From my experience, my friend, I can tell you that it is not enough to THINK the prayer of protection---you must say it with your lips. If no sound comes out, that it alright, but you must be able to MOVE your lips. The only way to get immobilized enough from the Kanashibari state to do this is to... Relax... A difficult thing to do in such a terrifying circumstance, I know, but it must be done. Their power over you is in fear. The fear freezes you. The freezing steals your power. You must release the fear and then say the prayer. When a practitioner of martial arts strikes, does he do this in fear? No, he moves beyond, beside, over the fear and then strikes so his blow will be accurate!

The next time this happens, I want you to image that you are floating in the peaceful starry night of space, hearing the music of the spheres of the universe...relax...then.

STRIKE WITH YOUR PRAYER!

I am grateful for and impressed by your intuition and instinct in the advice about resisting the posession of the spirits. You are a wise old soul, regardless of your age.

I BELIEVE IN YOU.
symiya96 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
you astral projected, when you do that and you wake up in a jolt from astral projecting, you usually cannot move, it is frusttrating, I know, but the woman you heard was a woman that you visited whilst you were projecting
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Ashley this is serious he should go to his nearest religous leader if possible and ask for help. This may also be a succubus encounter. Proceede with caution. 😭 😠 😨
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Are you sure this is a spirit? Like you said either the dog or the chapel would've driven it away if it was a bad spirit. I think that you may have sleep paralysis. If this is the case then you could probably go to a doctor to get some meds to help you sleep. Or at least to stop the hallucinations. Good Luck.

~Blessed Be~
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
So have you done what I suggested yet? The key to this, is to show that you are in control. As an example I am what is called a lucid dreamer. When I was younger I practiced this. After a while I could do whatever I wanted in my dreams. Occationally they got away from me. Today I hardly dream at all that I can remember. There was a time though that I knew when I was dreaming. Listen to me and listen close... Whatever this thing is, do whatever you want with it. It can't hurt you. Slap it in the face. Spit at it. Hug it. Call it lovingly made up names like snuggle bunch, or bunny fur. Doesnt matter, you own it. Its yours do whatever you want with it. Do you understand?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Nope, No offense taken at all.
If I HAD, you would ALL be FLAMING!

Muah Muah
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Peace out, people. Have some fun.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
WolfReal,
Read the comments right before mine.
Now read my first sentence, please.

Do you STILL need me to tell you what I was talking about?
Autumn
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I'm sure she won't take offense. 😊 And please don't take offense to my defense--lol, I guess I randomly appointed myself peacekeeper of the moment. It's so hard to convey emotions and intentions through text!

Blessings,
DA
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Deviousangle - it wasn't meant to be rude. It was meant to be playful but also ask what was she talking about. I read the post as if it were in response to the story. I now see it was in response to responses about the story. My bad. I apologize
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
WolfReal, Autumn made perfect sense to me. If you read the rest of the comments, she was talking about how A.) some of the users on this site get too religious at times and it can take away from the story, B.) this site goes through trends where we all post stories about similar experiences at nearly the same time because one person experienced it and it reminded another of a similar incident that happened to them, and C.) that while religion is respected here and it's important to the individual, if it's not important to the story, then it's not important to get into a debate over it.

I think your approach to her comment was a bit rude, but maybe that's just me.

Blessings,
DA
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
whitebuffalo - you are a modirator here. What was that? I mean seriously, you said nothing about anything. Anyone else am I wrong? What the H are you talking about? You have my curiosity up now. Are you Native American?
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Give in. Let the spirt take you if that's what you think its trying to do. Dance with it. Call out its name lovingly and embrace it should you think it near. Try this next time and tell me what happens. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
I would like to jump in on this line of commenting!
I would agree, leaning HEAVILY on the side of the religious comments thread.
I do not know what it is, but this site goes through phases, JUST as EVERY site does. People get interested in a certain line of information, and run with it until it is so dehydrated the horses are limping to the canyon DRAGGING the idea behind them.
We go through months of "mirror spirits". I personally feel that this is JUST because while reading someone ELSE's account, "self" says "Hey! Wait! I had that happen to ME too!", or some other aspect makes "our" experience push it's way from the back of our memories to the front like an impatient republican fighting his way through the crowd at a democratic convention.
I personally do not like going through the comments on a story before posting my own opinion. Honestly, this is because I do not want someone else's thoughts to "taint" my own. I mean, the comment section is for OUR OPINIONS, not for the carbon copied responses we often times receive.
If that is YOUR opinion, by all means, go ahead and post it. But, really, it is VERY rare that two people should have the same exact thoughts on ANY matter.
Close, yes.
Similar, *shrug* sure.
NEVER carbon copied.
Personally, MY faith is a highly personal thing to me. The nuclei of it is closed up tight in a security lock box tighter than a lock box inside of Fort Knox. I DO hint at parts of it, and DO share certain points when necessary to describe the "why's", *shrug* BUT (and I am SURE some of you read the comments I made in a certain story) for the MOST part, it is too personal to share.
My point is, there are times when it is important to "gloss over" a comment with a religious overtone. LET someone know that you think they MAY be wandering down the wrong road.
There are OTHER times in which that would just be overkill, and take AWAY from the message someone is trying to get across.
Think about it...
Would you rather be lovingly hugged and whispered to that this is OK. We will get through this together. Or would you rather someone swiftly walk to the other side of the room shouting out "You have erred as all humans do! You are being punished for your transgressions!"
Yeah. OK.
Well, from being on BOTH sides of THAT explaination... SOME people respond MUCH different than what you would expect.

On the OTHER hand...
I am going to let you ALL in on a little secret.
I, personally post SO many questions in my FIRST comment in order to "draw the author out". If NONE of the questions are answered, or the author does not return...
TA DA! I did not waste any of my time. I just had lots of questions...
Advise is hard for some of us to GIVE, and much harder for some of us to RECEIVE.
I am much like FRAWIN. If something turns into a Hell fire and brimstone sermon, it WILL be deleted, as long as I can catch it. If NOT, there are several other moderators that could.
With deepest respects to ALL religions and opinions expressed on this site,
Autumn
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Hobbyholly and DeviousAngel, for what it's worth I agree you 100 per cent. While a person's faith is important and I wouldn't want to offend anyone but what people need to keep in mind is this is a ghost story site, not a religious site. Everyone's opinion must be respected no matter how or what they believe. When it gets to the point when the comments becomes sermons, I will delete them and let Martin decide if I was right or wrong in doing so.

FRAWIN 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
I second that Holly... I appreciate people trying to help but this place is becoming a bit too religious for me in general.

😐
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Is the original poster ever coming back?

I'm getting tired of trying to dispense advice on here, and they never come back.

I'm also starting to get irritated by some of the advice given on this forum for the past couple of stories. Not that I'm saying I'm an expert by any means. I fully support someone trying to be helpful... But come on

Are there any "older" posters/members out there that agree with me?
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
wow... I can just suggest that maybe you can wear a tshirt of budda on it... Maybe sleep in your chapel in your home! Maybe you can sleep in your parents room, and if it comes in there, then your parents will believe you! If they don't let you, beg them or go in there after they fall asleep! Things like these are unwanted and you have to let them know that! You have to let them know that you don't want them there, that they are univited! Soooo... That being said surround yourself with all holy things! I know when I was your age I was scared all the time of the unknown and when My parents wouldn't allow me to sleep in there room, I would stay awake until they fell alseep and then I would go in there and sleep on the floor right by my mother! And if it comes back, try... Try your hardest to berid in the name of all that's holy... Nothing like a powerful strong, good spirit of budda will rid it! Even if it chants back, just tell it that its not welcome, and you command it to leave NOW! Just keep saying that over and over, that you comand it to leave now! Over and over! And eventually it should go away! Even if you have to cause a scene in your home where everyone who lives in your home hears you... Doesn't matter, all you have to think about is your safety! I have come up with this... Just say... IN THE POWER AND SPIRIT AND GOOD OF BUDDA I COMMAND YOU TO LEAVE NOW... IF YOU DONT LEAVE, BUDDA WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU! Just keep saying somethint like that... And sweetie... Good luck!

<33Jessica ❤ ❤ ❤
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
I was held down too, but for me it was blurry transparent chains an entity made before, but I wasn't afraid because I was busy trying to fight it off and it somewhat made it leave me alone. My spirit was being pulled out of my body once too by an unknown shadowy arm reaching for me, before I could move I was struck with great weight and pressure preventing movement.

I say sleep paralysis is when your body is very vunerable to entities who would want to use it for purposes I can't say. Your spirit leaves everytime you go to sleep. Sleep paralysis is when your spirit is late getting back to your body so you are left immobile. People say this is how you get possessed but I'm not sure myself. My brother has gotten possessed by an unknown being and it took him years to get his body fully back without being corrupted again and again.

This may also be a sixth sense allowing you to see spirits that linger around you. I can only see black blurrs, moving, and hearing faint voices. You are always followed by a spirit that wants your body or soul and it waits to your vunerable to strike.

Eventually it should leave you alone, but for me the things you say are similar but they never went away I still hear voices and see things to this day. I say that's a gift that awakened that allows you to see things an average person can't.To get possessed you must have a weak mind and will or you willingly let it possess you. If you are a strong willed person things shouldn't be able to control you. My brother smoked and drank hindering his mind, this helped an entity to control him much faster and easier. If you feel an entity is stronger than you and it has the upper hand, even if your not into christianity say "By the name of jesus christ you have no authority over me" and the if the spirit has an evil intent the spirit will retreat.
Scotch (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I see that your religion is Buddist and I in no way intend to offend you but, as AngelStories had said... Just the mention of Jesus Christ and whatever it is that is holding you, will certainly let go!
I have experienced something like this... To the point of almost shaking in fear while lying in my bed and I say "In the name of Jesus Christ, you must leave this place!" Despite whatever you may believe... If you do this you will see... In a world where there are so many religions and philosophies... Jesus is real to the spirits and in so may this prove evident that he is real to you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
This sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I would suggest that you look it up because although it can seem like the things that are happening are very real, they are things that your mind has created because you're in a panicked state. It would be one thing if you were being held down while wide awake, but more times than not if you wake up and can't move it's probably sleep paralysis.

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Angelstories

I was merely suggesting he TRY laying on his side or stomach. I found that it has helped me avoid sleep paralysis. I also did some reading on WebMD (I believe it was WebMD) and they suggest the same thing.

BUT YES it can happen in any position.
AngelStories (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
hello,
I can tell you right now that it does not matter if you lay on your stomach or your sides that feeling of being held down can still happen. I was held down 2 times while on my side. 1 time I was able to open my eyes and look around. I couldn't see anything abnormal but the bed was shaking like crazy. It felt like somebody jumping on the bed real fast. My son was laying behind me, and I was screaming and of course he couldn't hear me. I finally was able to move and I quickly turned around to see that my son was just sitting there looking at me. I asked him if he was jumping and he said "no". I already knew the answer, but just asked anyway. The 2nd time that I was on my side and it happened, I was laying on my sofa. I could not open my eyes this time. By this time I already knew what to do, so I started saying" The Blood of Jesus Christ",it only took 1 time for me to say it in my mind and the entity flew off of me, and I was able to move. In that same apartment I went through a lot with spirits. My children was able to see them while awake. I was able to hear a woman's voice. The woman actually helped me stop smoking cigarettes.
More of my stories and to submit yours visit
Www.ghosttales.ning.com
gunz (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
so, how do you feel now? I have the same experience too... But not really same...
I am budhist
I am 16 years old right now, I don't know how and when.
When I was trying to sleep on 12 o'clock and sometimes I can't move... I can see everything around me, but so strange I dont't have a power to move my body until 2-4 minutes and I just know I have feel a strange situation... So I am trying to say amitabha or namo amitabha (it is recomended for us to say that for to expel negative things including ghost) for 5 times or more...
After I say that in my mind/heart I just feel blank or just seeing around after that I had feel better than I can move again...
Do you have ever feel it before?
Do you chirstian? If you are christian, I hear that you must pray and try to say amen if you can...

But the most important point that I have ever heard from another resources:
1.your mind must not blank, try to think something.
2.try to not thingking about ghost or something like that because it can influence your mind.
3.try to know your room/house history, is there a incident? Or a dead people? If there was you must be carefull and trying to pray for the ghost for peace/ pray for you.

I had ever hear that sdog,buffaloo,cow and goose can see a ghost, and I had ever hear if you take a buffalo/ cow tears in to your eyes you can see a ghost...

If you feel COLD,FRIGHTENED/EERIE AND TREMBLE maybe there is a ghost nearby...
But if you can don't try anything just pray with your own belief and you'll be fine... But you better don't trying to know about the ghosts/ trying to seeing ghost because it is dangerous for you that can make you afraid... So just hoping that was just a dream so you'll be not afraid anymore.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
I think you may have sleep paralysis. It have quite terrifying but here are some things that help me:

1. Try to sleep on your side, not your back
2. Keep a regular sleep schedule.
3. Try going back to sleep with your head facing "north" and feet facing "south"
4. When sleep paralysis happens: STAY CALM. I know it is really upsetting, but try to stay calm. ALSO: it is common (at least for me) to hear things or see things. Hallucinations if you will.
5. Avoid caffeine before bed
6. When you wake up from it, take a deep breath. Maybe get up. Walk around a little

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: