You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Employees On The 18th Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Employees On The 18th Floor

 

This happened when I was still working in Ortega's. The office was located in a twenty story building, most of the building is occupied by our office, there were also other offices and companies that are tenants on other floors but the 18th floor was vacant (during that time).

Since I was working as a customer service representative (call center agent) the office hours starts from 8:00 PM until two in the afternoon the next day (manila time). There are rumors that if you are alone in the elevator and it stops on the 18th floor be ready for there will be a surprise. It was an infamous story that there was an old tenant who committed suicide on that floor since the building used to be a residential building.

There was one time when I was alone inside the elevator since our team is stationed on the 19th floor and it would be my first day with the team so it would also be my first time to venture on the higher parts of the building (during my first two months I was on training and training department holds office on the fourth and 12th floor.) I was excited since I will be able to check the facilities on the upper floors.

It was around one in the morning when I arrived in the lobby and since my shift starts at two I was not in much hurry. I was alone in the elevator then I press the 20th floor since I would like to have a good meal first before going to work (there was a cafeteria located on the 20th floor where the best foods yet low priced are served). I was alone and then suddenly the elevator stopped when it opened it was dark outside it was then that I noticed that it was the 18th floor then when the door closed it was so cold and then the elevator buzzer went on and on the small monitor it read overloaded it opened again then it closed and the temperature went back to normal and then it was no longer overloaded and it went straight to the 20th floor.

It happened not only once but a lot of times especially when I was alone or with my friend who also feels them. Most of the time it would show overloaded or you would just hear a cry in the midst of the darkest on the 18th floor. My friend and I decided to survey the are one time after our shift which ends before noon and yes there was an entity/spirit of a middle aged lady that seems to stick to the place and also other spirits that seems to loiter around the whole building.

Well it was kind of scary since most parts of the building is haunted also the fourth floor where trainings are held well as for now see you again don't worry I will tell you the story of the kid on the fourth floor one day.

Other hauntings by DeathKnight12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeathKnight12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dxm04 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
I have read the comments here. Maybe the writer meant to say that the 18 hours was for the "operational hours" and not the hours she "rendered" for work.

She wrote: Since I was working as a customer service representative (call center agent) the office hours starts from 8:00 PM until two in the afternoon the next day (manila time).

So, it's the "office" hours that she meant. Employees are on rotation every 8 hours or 9 hours for those who are taking calls.
Chic (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
I also worked on the same building but never did I experience anything unusual maybe because the stations are now located on the lower floors like 11th and 12th. I believe your story though because when I was on training, I'm hearing a lot of creepy stories about it from trainers and fellow agents.
aslum (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
sa octagon yan no. I've worked there back in 2004 and had experienced that freaking elevator stopping on that floor and a kid who begs for money
Springrain08 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
If this is the building I'm thinking of then I have worked and have experience the elevator phenomenon. It was around 2:00am during our break from training from the 7th floor. Me and 4 other friends decided to take a break and go to the roof and get some fresh air. We took the elevator up and for some weird reason it stopped on the 18th floor, opened like some one is getting in. Few second after it open the light saying we exceeded the weight limit. We stood there for good thinking it might be malfunctioning but the light didn't go away until one of us got off. We didn't know about the stories on that building until we it was later brought up to us while telling scary stories while filling up the time.

There are many stories in this building. Some says the girl named Melody was raped and murdered on that floor during it's construction. Some says she got heartbroken and committed suicide on that building.

People say that at late hours they hear crying noises and footsteps on that floor. The administration employees which are stationed on that floor says that sometimes they can smell a strange scent in the air and computers coming out of sleep mode without touching it.

From then until I left that job we always stopped at the 17th floor and took the stairs up.
merlin (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
got scared in the overload thing... I remembered the movie shutter where the guy's weight got heavier it's because the ghost is riding on his back. Really scary.
kenken567 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
scary your the best the first person who made me make a little bit scared ang galing mo! ^_^ medyo natakot aq ah
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
well it was along san miguel avenue and I work for only eight hours and I would like to reiterate that operations time span is 18 hours yet employees work for only 8 hours...
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
I'd be seeing things too if I had to work 18 hour shifts. Are you sure about that?
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Most probably, he's working overtime that's why he's handling two shifts. I'm also from the philippines and I know about this call centers too, got lots of friends working on the said field. Which company in Ortigas you're working from? Anyway, call centers have 3 8hrs time shifts, namely: morning, night and graveyard shifts. I've heard this before too, do you happen to work near that textiles factory somewhere in Rodgriguez Ave. I think?
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
to clarify that the call center is located in the philippines and we handle accounts/take calls for customers based in the united states that is why we worked night shift since we follow U.S. Central standard time and since we are here in manila we have to adjust the clocks wherein 8:00 am cst would be equivalent to 7:00 pm manila time (when dst is observed in the US and when dst is not observed it will be 10:00 pm manila time)

We have three shifts opening, mid and closing wherein employees take 8 hour shifts though if you would sum it up the hours of operation is 18 hours with three shifts on an 8 hour basis'
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
18 hour shifts? No wonder people are seeing things they are all over tired, unless we are not understanding your post correctly.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
YOU WROTE: Since I was working as a customer service representative (call center agent) the office hours starts from 8:00 PM until two in the afternoon the next day (manila time).

I SAY: Since when do customer reps work through the night... And who has works 18 hour shifts? This sentence really threw me off & I do not feel like reading the rest because that is so unbelievable. Correct me if I am wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: