You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Heavy Sigh Of A Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Heavy Sigh Of A Lady

 

I have been living in my house in Gloucester in England for 8 years with my mum, dad and my older sister. When I moved in here I was only 5 but I can remember looking up at the stairs and feeling anxious about going up their. My sister who was 10 at the time felt the same way about the stairs.

Now, nothing really happened to us until about a year ago when I was settling down to go to sleep in my room, I had switched my light off and was lying in my bed staring at the ceiling when I heard a women's sigh. I remember it sounded very sad but I was so scared I just turned over and went to sleep under the covers. When I woke in the morning I told my mum about what I had heard in the night and she believed me which actually confused me a bit because my mum is a BIG skeptic but then she said " I do believe you heard SOMETHING but are you sure it wasn't the neighbours"?

I told her that I had specifically heard it IN my room; you just know if something is in your room. I later told my dad when he came back from work but he too said that it was probably him or my mum snoring but there bedroom is at the other end of the house and my sister was at her friends house. I know what I heard.

Even today I get frustrated that they refuse to believe me but this afternoon as me and my sister were in the living room sitting on the sofa and chatting while my mum and dad were at Tesco we both heard my bedroom door slam upstairs (we knew it was my bedroom door because it is right opposite the stairs so we can hear it clearly) then my dogs box of treats fell on the floor in the kitchen, it was full of treats and fell from a cupboard in the middle of the kitchen by the door. As soon as me and my sister heard the noise we both got up to see if my dog had done it but she was asleep in the garden.

No windows, doors were open. My sister got a bit freaked out by it but I just laughed and picked up the treats lying all over the floor.

When my mum and dad got back from Tesco's my sister told them what happened and they could see she was scared by her experience. But they just said it was the wind!

Hope this isn't going to be the start of something scary, for the sake of my sister at least.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blondie95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

toastymarshy (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Omg I've had something like this happen before, except it was heavy breathing I heard in my room. My mom too, does not believe me. The only thing I can say is try not to let it scare you. It might go away to be honest, nothings happened to me in quite a few months now. Good luck! ❤
ghostsarereal2 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
I don't think there is too much to worry about. The woman sounds harmless and the door and the treats... Well I'm not too sure about that. But I don't think it is bad because it would of hurt you by now.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I don't think you all should be scared. Nothing has happened to show you are in danger. Maybe you can ask it to leave next time it is around. ❤ Jasmin
Blondie95 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Please comment!
I would like to know your opinions.
I am really worried about my sister because she is sensetive about things like this and she is still scared now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: