You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Small Town Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Small Town Demon

 

I live in a small town in the middle of Utah, and have since I was only three years old. A few years ago, I moved to a house a couple of miles away, but still in the same town. My entire life, I've had some ESP gifts (for lack of better word), but I didn't know it was unnatural until I was about eight.

Just last Summer I was invited to hang out with a few friends. I have several anxiety disorders, so sometimes it's hard to differentiate between a panic attack and whisperings from some being. Being a warm summer night, I declined all offers for a ride home and walked. It was only a mile, a good eighty degrees, and a full moon.

This was a mistake. I turned onto a street without any lights on it (it's Utah, these sorts of things aren't normally disconcerting), and the wind picked up along with my anxiety. As I rounded another bend, I began to see light around the corner and let it flood my eyes with anticipation. I approached it almost thirstily, but when I got to it, it went out. I walked to the next one and it went out, too.

Light after light went out, until one light that usually did. This light stayed on, and I could hear deep laughing. Suddenly I knew Latin (I have a gift for languages--but who would've expected that?) and begged it to leave me alone. Tears came to my eyes, and I covered my face. When I moved my hands, the wind had stopped and the lights had gone on, but the laughter was still there, and so was a shadow that didn't belong to me.

It was an old, frail man with a walking stick. I could hear the walking stick. I sprinted home, but only succeeded in hurrying along the speed of the walking stick. I got home and slammed my door shut, it couldn't follow me. But now I'm afraid to go out again.

Nobody else has had any experience like this in my neighbourhood.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, demonslayer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sasessio (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Are you sure it was Latin? "Keyunar" sounds very similar to the old Avestan name "Gayomart", which is now called, in modern Persian, "Keyumars." Avestan, like Latin, is an ancient language no longer in use. I've heard that the languages were similar in some ways.
Veritatis_cupitor (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
You need to confront it. Many spirits aren't out to hurt you they are just lost. It may need your help. Go outside face your fear and if you are gifted as you say you should not hide, you can help him or at least ask him what he wants, keep us updated, thanks and good luck.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
No it doesn't. The only word that comes close to Kayunar that I found was Kaynar and it was Albanian. I tried to translate Kayunar in many different languages but it wouldn't do it. I will keep trying and asking around. Your story fascinates me. ❤
demonslayer (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
No, he didn't tell me much else. It confuses me--Kayunar doesn't sound Latin, does it?
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
Hello! I did some research on that name you typed in. Kayunar. I found absoutely nothing. I even ran it through a translator. NOTHING! I was hoping to find something for you. Did this spirit tell you anything else about itself? I would be very interested to know. If you would rather e mail me about it then my e mail is on my profile page. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
I am not a doctor but I do know a little about what you are experiencing. My mother suffered from panic attacks when her mental state was not the best. She was an introvert by nature so it didn't take much to bring on that kind of anxiety.
I know you said you have seen doctors so if they can't help with this disorder maybe it does have to do with you being sensitive. Fear is the culprit when you have the "gift" and it's understandable because you just don't know why you are experiencing these things. If it's not medical then it's probably just your sensitivity and it's up to you to be afraid or fearless. Victor or victim. Educate yourself. Ask questions in here. There are many in here with the same gift that would be more than happy to help you understand what is happening to you. Life is way too long to live in fear and too short to allow this fear to immobilize you.
theknowingman (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
it might have been a deamon, ghost and, angle mix that happened to me before. 😆 ❤ 😁
demonslayer (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
When he was talking to me (in Latin, of course), he told me his name was Kayunar. The man physically did not exist, but his shadow was there and audibly he was there. Make of that what you will. And I'm not trying to play the role of the "misunderstood teenager", but if I were to explain to you every aspect that goes into this story, I'd have written several pages--so I've just given you the most vital information.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
ah, Cool experience but not a good spirte pick out. The spirte you describe sounds like one I met befor, name is Paremis. This spirte is a shapeshifter. Becareful when met with it. Learn an exocism and if you can find, a person that can teach you the sealing cerimony. E-mail if you want to ask me any thing.
demonslayer (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
I've tried everything from meds to shrinks--nothing works. I've talked to my parents (I'm 17) but they, along with the rest of the world, are convinced that I'm another attention-seeking teenager. I haven't gone out of the house since this experience (though not for lack of desire). But I'm doing my best to let my friends know what's going on (unlimited texting FTW!). Thanks everyone for the advice and support--keep it coming!
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
That was a creepy experience to have all alone late night. In most cases where people have reported about UFO's they had mentioned powers going dead, be it electricity, vehicles or anything. I don't know how much of a connection it has with spirits and demons. The thing is that something really did follow you and was trying to play the fool with you, unluckily your the only one in the list. One thing you should do is kill your fear. Talk about this incident to your elders and see that they comfort you. Take Care.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Hello, I have anxilty dicorder too and afraid to get out too. I do have take medince for that if not it will get worst. Also yeah I get the samething like whisper and talking.
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
that is a strange story, but I agree with hollyhooby don't stop going out it makes panic attacks worse I know my husband has them. He hasnt had anything like the exsperence you did he just has them when he is in a crowded area. It is awful to have this problem he takes pills now that help him control his panic attacks.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Well first I must say: I wish nothing but the best to you concerning your anxiety disorders. My father has had panic attacks, and I can only imagine how terrifying they can be.

Do you think what happened was a attack? Or a demon? You say you have some ESP type gift, so has this happened before? Something of such an intense nature?

The old man... Please don't take offense; but was he physically real? Like... Really walking down the street? If so, did he see you?

I'm no doctor... And certainly don't have any professional medical advice. But: Don't stop going out and being around friends (positive ones of course). While, I don't know your situation like I do my father's, I will say getting out and about with friends once and a while helped him. Of course, he would have "iffy" moments and sometimes still does... But he tries to continue about life. I suggest you try. Life is too short. Surround yourself with friends and family while you still can. If they truly love you and see your condition coming on, they will no doubt be supportive in anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: