You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Nightmare Or Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmare Or Real?

 

This happened just a few nights ago.

I was sleeping when I suddenly woke up after something jumped on my bed. I then laid still and felt something trying to get under my duvet. It felt like a dog. Now I live in a flat that doesn't allow any animals and all my windows were closed as it is winter.

I had a dog that slept inside with me, when we lived in a house, for about 12 years. She died about 4 or 5 years ago. So I know what it feels like to have a dog jump on your bed and try to get under the blankets with you.

I was shaking so much and my heart was pumping wildly. I laid like that for what seemed like a really long time feeling this thing trying to get under the blankets with me. Then I sat up and put the lamp on and it stopped. Obviously there was nothing there! I was really freaked out as it felt so real and I was wide awake while I felt this.

I am thinking it was more my mind playing tricks on me as just before I went to bed I was actually thinking of my dog as at times I really do miss her plus I was thinking about death as I was to attend a funeral the next day. So was it a dream or was it my dog coming to comfort me?

What do you think? Personally I feel it was my imagination but you never know hey!

Other hauntings by princessroe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princessroe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

princessroe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Thank you for your comments. It was really freaky as I was wide awake when I felt something trying to get under the blankets with me. My dog used to use her nose to lift the blanket and it took a few tries and this is what it felt like. And I don't wake up easily as I live in a city so I definitely felt something jump on the bed. It wasn't the first time something jumped on my bed so I know what that feels like. It was really freaky and nothing has happened since.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Yes, I have a cat she sleep with me all the time until she died at very old age I sure miss her no matter what others say about not being a ghost story its about pets ghost story too here. I too sorry about your dog.
Bloodychick101 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Whoa that's creepy. I think it was the ghost of your dog sensing your were thinking about it. It was probably trying to comfort you,I'm so sorry for your loss 😢
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Yeah, I agree with Spirit Magnet. I have seen stories far less relevant and I think that your story is perfectly worthy of being on this site.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
princessroe, thanks for sharing I would have to say that any abnormal experience is welcomed here. Rare things happen and all though they don't have chains or float in the air doesn't mean that they can't be paranormal activities. Well that is my opinion anyway. However as far as your story goes it's kind of hard to pin point what it could have been. It could have very well been a dream or maybe just something that fell of your bed and felt as if something was pulling and with your fear and all it made you thing of scarry things. It is amazing what your mind can make you feel, see or hear at times. I would just let it go this time if this is not the first time this happens then start a journal of what has happened the time and dates and that might help you a little to determin what it could be.
Thanks again for sharing.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Everyone who has a story about an experience they have had with a ghost (possible ghosts count too) is welcome here. I am sure all the moderators will agree with me on that as well. I enjoyed your story and I also think it very well may be that little sweetie that used to snuggle with you all those years ago. Take care.

Blessed be
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
a... Sorry if I'm being a little rude, but that doesn't really sound like the ghost stories that are on this site. But if I really need to say something about this "happening" I am going to say that it could have been the ghost of your dog or maybe it was in fact your imagination. Maybe that night you really missed your dog, so you thought that your dog was really there. But other than that it wasn't REALLY a ghost story. 😕 sorry. My your dog rest in peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: