You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Sister? Or Not

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister? Or Not

 

Strange things have happened around me most of my life, nothing really paranormal, just things falling over in empty rooms, hearing things and random stuff like that.

When I was staying at my parents for a bit, my sister and I were watching a movie in the living room. I was 20 or so and she was 15 or 16 (we're 24 and 19 now). I went into the dining room through to the kitchen to get a drink. From the kitchen you can see straight up the stairs and all the way down the hall (it's a split-level so there are only about 7 steps). As I was walking back through to the living room I glanced at the upstairs hallway and saw our youngest sister (who would've been about 10 years old) wearing a white nightgown, walk out of the bathroom at the top of the stairs and then down the hall to our parents room at the end of the hallway.

She ended up in their room most nights so I didn't think anything of it, until the movie was over and we went up to the bedroom my sisters shared and our younger sister was passed out on her bed still dressed in the jeans & t shirt she had worn that day. I told my other sister what I had seen and needless to say we didn't get any sleep that night. I still don't know who I saw.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marilynm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
marilynm, if you intend to bring it up to your sister I'd do so very carefully. Wording it the wrong way could very easily freak her out causing her to seek your parents comfort and spill the beans on what you asked, causing more issues then you intended. Avoid direct questions, beat around the bush so to speak. Or make up a story that you were told/read about someone that had it happen to them, and ask "Thats crazy right, nothing like that really happens." to get her to comment on it and slowly pull it out of her.

All in all, I wish you luck.
marilynm (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
Thanks Rayven, and no Pandora, I didn't let her know what I saw, it would've scared her too much at that age. I didn't tell my parents either because they're extremly religious and don't believe in ghosts, they think anything paranormal is the devil or demons. Maybe I should bring it up with my sister now and ask her if anything odd has been happening to or around her.
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
Pandora,

You can email me at shattenjagger76 [at] gmail.com if you'd like. Astral Projection can be done from the moment life exists, there are stories of mothers seeing their unborn child in their crib, in fact there are even some that see or hear a baby before they even know their pregnant. So as scary as it may sound, no one is too young to have that happen.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
RayvenHawk~ I forgot to ask... I am seeing my daughter (in two places at once, again you will have a better idea if you read my upcoming story) but when this happens she is awake. For instance, in this story marilynm saw her sister walking but come to find out her sister was actually asleep in her bedroom. Our daughter is not asleep when we see her, she is literally awake (does that make sense?) This happened to my son too but when it did he WAS asleep. Now my question is, can this be astral projection in an unwilling participant AND can this be done while the person is still awake. My children are 3 and 6 so they are too young to participate in such a thing as AP, right? We are so confused; we just want to protect our children as well as figure out what to do should this continue.

I apologize marilynm for using your space, please forgive me!
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
marilynm~ That is so creepy, did you ever tell your sister you saw her and did she experience anything different that she could remember that night? I just submitted a story (well, 3 stories in one) because this is happening to my small children. Thanks for sharing your story!

Rayven~ You seem to know a lot about this (if approved) would you please read my upcoming story and help me with this because I (WE) are absolutely terrified. My first story was about my husband but now the children are REALLY involved and I am at a loss here and don't know what to do? (If my story is approved I assume it will be posted in a couple of days.)

Thanks to both of you!
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
May have very well been an out of body experience for your sister and you caught a glimpse of her as they say astral body. Since you mention she was passed out wearing her regular clothes and she normally ends up in your parents bedroom, so this leads me to believe she fell asleep hard but her subconsious was already so use to going to your parents room it simply performed that movement using the body it could still control.

I woudn't be worried about it, or even freaked out. It happens more often then people realize. In fact most "project" themselves when they dream but usually don't take the extra step and form a body.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: