You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Few Strange Noises

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Strange Noises

 

Whenever we moved into our new house, we were all very excited. It was seven years ago when we moved here, and finally I would have a door to my bedroom (my old room was missing it's door due to us children's rough housing) But my brothers say that if they had a list of the creepiest room in the house my room would be on it, alongside about every other room in the house.

First I will introduce my family, I have mom and dad of course, and even though a few weird things have happened to them they still think we kids are making up these strange stories. My oldest brother Jussy is five years older than me, and my other brother Boog is one year older than me, I am the youngest, and of course these aren't our real names, but our nicknames. (Just thought I'd throw that in there)

Back to the story, after we got settled in, it wasn't too long after that that we began to hear weird noises. Like we would hear something similar to tinfoil being wadded up in the kitchen, even though the kitchen was right there and no one would be in it, stranger yet- sometimes the sound would actually move from the kitchen to the dinning room.

Both my brothers were together when they heard footsteps walking down the hall- they said it sounded just like someone was walking down the hall barefoot. And it was only us siblings at the house that day, and I was in the bathroom when it happened. I asked them if they were serious and they both swore on it. They haven't heard footsteps again since that day and neither have I.

Then there was that dreaded war between me and my brother Boog. His room is right next to mine, and we share the same wall. The first few nights there was nothing, but as the nights moved on we would hear knockings on that wall separating our two bedrooms.

Of course I would yell at him to stop, and then he would yell back saying it wasn't him and then the knocking would continue and we'd yell some more, and by then we would be so upset with each other that I would start banging on my end and he on his so we could never really tell when the banging actually stopped after that.

After we both established the fact that it was actually neither of us knocking on the wall we decided to see how long it would continue. The knocks weren't loud, but very annoying- they would start at random times, they would even wake me up once are twice. They never lasted long though and after about two minutes are so the knocking would stop.

This knocking went on for about two months before it just stopped and neither me nor Boog had heard it since. Note that our house isn't old either.

At our old house I've heard something similar to the knockings, though this time it only lasted one night.

I was in my bedroom (when I actually grew the nerve to sleep in my own room alone) and this loud short bang startled me awake.

In my old house, my room was right across from Jussy's and Boog's room (they shared a bedroom) and the bang sounded like it came from in there. I just rubbed it off thinking that maybe Boog hit the 3 block Yaffa block set beside his bed, or something.

But after I heard it two more times after that it got a little old for me and I sort of whispered over towards their room for them to stop it. No one responded, I didn't even hear another bang so I laid back down, and right when I was teetering on the edge of falling back asleep I heard yet another bang that woke me right up, again I whispered over for them to stop it and even threatened to go get mom and dad but this time there was another knock and another, I threw off my covers and stomped on the ground a few times so as to make them believe I was going to tell mom and dad and the knockings stopped.

I sat on the side of my bed for a few more seconds before covering back up, and laying down. I fell asleep and woke up sometime later to another bang and I yelled over at them this time- too grumpy to even care if I woke someone else up and after that I fell back asleep.

The next day I basically commanded them to tell me why they had been banging and they both gave me a weird look saying they had no idea what I was talking about. After I retold them everything that happened they were a little shocked, and said they were asleep and hadn't heard any banging. I guess they were a little freaked to learn that something was actually going on in their room and they weren't aware of it.

I don't see how they couldn't have woken up though, it was pretty loud to me, and I was in another room.

That wasn't the only time we've heard noises at our old house. We would always hear car doors slamming shut, some of them may have been real cars but we heard it so much that we doubted all of them could be. We lived out in the country so there weren't many people out there besides our trailer, my granny's trailer, and the bus driver that lived a good little ways down the road and then where the old couple lived down the road.

I mean I would scratch this off, but the car doors sounded like they were coming from right outside, and we would have to go see if someone was out there- which there usually wasn't.

There are also a few other noises I've heard at our new house- like the rustling behind the couch- I've only heard it once but my brothers have heard it multiple times, and we have heard a few mumbles and voices that I'll have to get into later.

~Lou

Other hauntings by LouandBoog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LouandBoog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouandBoog (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
Tirada,

I never thought of that, I don't know about the land here, but I do live next to a crazy guy if that counts, he might have just murdered somebody, just joking... I hope. 😜

Dreamergal72,

Mmhhmm, me and my brother were at each others throats for a little while there.

And just call me Lou, Boog is my brother- we made this account together.

We put who wrote the story at the bottom, 😊

~Lou
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
Yeah tirada is right it had nothing to do with house it's a ground/earth that can be something can be in the house/places that can move inside/outside around.
Louandboog
It sure drive ya'll crazy with that noises whew!
Tirada (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
ThatRandomGuy:

I agree! My house was built five years ago, and mines is the first family to have lived in it. Yet despite being a new house, we have several "guests" here, including an older lady in my sisters room upstairs, a little girl in the backyard, and an unknown entity that likes stomping around in my parents bedroom.

The land in this area used to belong to Native American Indians, and close by there is an old ghost town where many died of disease before it was abandoned. So yes, like you said, any haunting can be connected to the earth itself, rather than the physical house.

Thank you for sharing your story by the way, LouandBoog:)
LouandBoog (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Claudia,

Thanks, and yea we aren't that destructive anymore.😊

ThatRandomGuy,

Yea there is more things that have happened, those are only the strange noises we've heard thus far. 😊
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
"Note that our house isn't old either."
I just gotta put this out here, from what I've gathered it's not always the house, sometimes it's the land it's built on.
But, besides that, I don't know what else to say other than I don't think there's much to worry about unless there's more to the story. If there is, do share, I'd love to hear it.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Hum...scary, I would be somewhat worry but not to much since it does not seem to be harmful...oh, BTW hope you are treating your house better now that you have grown up a bit 😉
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: