You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demon Mind Invasion

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Mind Invasion

 

I'll give you a little background about me just for reference. I'm a born-again Christian, and I'm 19 years old. I've heard that demons cannot possess Christians because it is impossible for a demon to share a soul/mind/spirit with the Holy Spirit, which enters a person after they've become born-again. Anyway, this happens to me a lot, but I will share the two times when it really scared me. Another thing to take note of is that it ALWAYS happens when I take a nap in the afternoon.

The first time, I was settling in my bed just for a short nap in the midday. I was thinking of the things I had to do after I woke up (shower...cleaning...etc). Anyway, so I started to fall asleep when something that's so hard to explain overtook me. I'll try my best to explain this. If you're a women or a person who's been to the hairstylist and you had to sit under the big hair-dryer, usually with your hair in curls. That's what it SOUNDS like before a very angry voice started talking to me. Now I'll try to explain what it FEELS like. Have you ever had a strong yawn that kind of blocks your hearing and also makes you want to stretch? It sort of feels like that except you can't move, and all of this happens involuntarily. It's like I could feel and hear the cells in my body moving around rapidly. I know this sounds crazy. Anyway, in the angriest voice I've ever heard, the demon says something along the lines that he's always going to be watching me. He also said, he'll see me taking off my clothes before the shower and he'll watch. This scared me because he knew I was planning to take a shower when I got up. Then he said some other terrifying things that I really don't remember, but they were enough to make me NOT take a shower that day.

Well it happened again today, same feeling. This time he was threatening me and telling me to give something back to him. I don't know what I took, but whatever it is he was extremely angry about it. The weirdest thing is that it only happens when I'm about to fall asleep. It never manifests in demon form. It just enters my mind whenever I decide to take afternoon naps. It's freaking me out though. I know it's demonic because nothing can be so angry, so evil and not come straight from Satan. I would really like someone to explain what kind of demon I'm dealing with, what does it want? What did I take and why is it so angry with me? Usually I can get it to go away by saying in my head "In the name of Jesus I rebuke you" several times. Today I just kept saying to myself "I walk with Jesus, I walk with Jesus" to remind the demon my heart is with God. Has anyone ever experienced this? Can you provide any insight as to what demon this is?

I know it's not sleep paralysis. Please don't write that it is.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ilovejc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Demons very well can possess you if they want to. It doesn't matter what race, religion, ethnicity, or nationality you are. If they feel like having some fun or if they want to live, they will do it and they will stop at nothing if they become attached. Just saying "Jesus" or using religious artifacts doesn't get them to leave. It all depends on which demon you have and where they are from.
Daydreamer925 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
I read this on someone else's comments to get rid of demons:

1. Pray to God for help. Don't pray to Michael the archangel. Hebrews 4:16 and Jude 9

2. Put the armor of God on. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite verses out loud. Here are some of my favorites. John3:16-17, John 14:6,Philippians 2:9-11, Colossians 2:15, 1 John 4:1-16, Romans 8:26-39, Zephaniah 3:17. I also like the book of Psalms.

4. Buy a small bottle of olive oil. Present it to God. Ask God to Bless it for you. Put some oil on your finger and make the sign of the cross on your window and door. As you are anointing or blessing say "I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Command the demonic forces to leave your room in the name of Jesus.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room of your apartment.

6.Go to a door that leads to the outside. Open it and command the demonic forces to leave the apartment in the name of Jesus. Close the door and anoint it.

7. Do this once a week for 1-2 months, then do it once a month for 6 months, then do it once a year.
Adaje21 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
There is a book written by C.S Lewis called the Screwtape Letters that I would suggest. C.S Lewis was a devote Atheist until he came to Christ, so I think he would understand what its like to a Demon to pull on your soul, as discussed in this book. I have read it and though C.S Lewis disclaims it to be a fact book, he shines a light on the process and intentions of demonic oppression.
ohcrayonsimdead (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
He wants your soul back. I'm serious. He says you took something from him. And your a recently born again christian. That means you have your soul back.

So, I cannot give you advice on what to do, only that I have had this happen to me, but in a diferent way. When it happened to me, he was sad, and nice, and loving. I heard the noise and everything. It was a weird experience.
blackcat (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-17)
I'm catholic, and have been my whole life but demons still follow me and get into my mind some how. If you really want them to leave then do what I did, research about demons and perform a protection spell on your house, trust me it works.
Anathema (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you. Just remember to stay strong in your faith and don't fall to temptation. Rely on God for everything and all will end well. As I once heard, things always end good. If things are not good, then it is not the end. And while that is not always true, if you are one with God, I think it is true. Satan has already stolen so much from me because my faith in God was not strong enough. I pray that the same fate does not befall you. God Bless!
ilovejc (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the responses! I'm happy to report that everything is going awesome.
It turns out that at the time this was happening, I was not born-again yet. I was only baptized, which I thought was the same thing. Now I understand being born-again is being reborn in spirit, and I have actually received the Holy Spirit on August 16. Thank God I am saved.

I guess whoever said that the devil was trying to get my soul at the last minute was right. Satan must have sensed that I was becoming closer to God, and that's why he sent that demon to mess with me.

Thanks again for all your comments guys! God Bless!
Paladin_of_Christ (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Remember my friend, Satan and his kind hate Christians the most, but through your Faith in Jesus Christ you are given authority over them. They do this to scare you into not believing that the Holy Spirit within you is actually stronger than they are and try to decieve you that nothing can help you. First pray to Jesus to help relieve you of this burden, honestly ask Jesus for deliverance of the fiend, read the bible more and put on the full armor of God. Second, if you ever encounter this demon again, have strength in the Lord your God and say to it with full force, "In the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE DEMON, MAY THE LORD REBUKE YOU! MAY THE HEAVENLY HOST BIND AND BAR YOU FROM MY PRESENCE IN THE NAME OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, GET THEE BEHIND ME!"
s3fight4freedom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
it may be tempting you because a few born again christians falter back to their old ways. Also demons don't come from satan. Lucifer and satan are two different entities while commen beliefs have merged them. Demons are just like lucifer they revolted against god and that was their punishment. There is a demon heirarchy just like an angelic one
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
My dear Christian sister,

You must remember that Christians are in a spiritual war against satan. Of course there will be attacks from our mortal enemies. When you hear the voice or feel the feeling again, read your Bible out loud. Read your favorite Bible passages out loud and then say "in the name of Jesus I command you to leave." Read Ephessians 6:10-18, Phillipians 2:9-11,and Colossians 2:15. Also I don't believe that it is necessary to know the name of the demon or even know what kind it is. Just command it to leave in the name of Jesus. ❤
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
You think you can't be possessed because you are a Christian yet you're already letting what ever this is control your actions. You wanted to take a shower but it said it would see you so you didn't. Keep in mind if it is demonic it will work through manipulation. You mentioned you tried to rebuke it in the name of Jesus and, it usually works if it doesn't try Yahwey (YHWH) or Yeshua if those do not work to get rid of it I would say most likely no a demon. In the mean time I would recommend talking with a pastor or even a doctor hiding things form people tends to make them worse. Just my thoughts on the issue.
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
I think what you took from him is your soul and of course, he wants it back. But he won't get it:) It really helps to say things out loud, like what you say in your head to make the demon go away. I personally believe that it works much better to speak it out loud because usually demons don't know what you're thinking but they can hear what you say. You might want to go through your house and rebuke the demon in God's name but you will have to be very stern about it and you may have to do it for a couple of days. If your heart is not in it (which just so you know, I highly doubt with you) then when it comes back it will bring more with it, but I don't think this will be the case with you. Good luck and my prayers are with you.
Ps1983 (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Whatever you do don't play this off like it isn't a big deal. And don't try to fight it yourself. If your faith is new to you then you won't be strong enough. You should talk to a pastor or priest. Yes once you have accepted Jesus as your lord and savior you do have protection, but it doesn't mean in any means that you can't be attacked. The devil does not like losing lost souls and will do damn near anything to get them back. Stay strong.
phillip20 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Hi very interesting story, you must have been terrified! What else did the demon have to say to you? I'd also have to agree don't pay too much attention to what it has to say.
ilovejc (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Thanks guys. Hoochler, I don't think I'm going to be possessed soon. I am close to God, so ihorizon's comment seems to be the most accurate. But thanks everyone for your time.
ihorizon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
Wow! I remember reading somewhere that the closer you are to God, the harder the devil and his minions fight to try to claim your soul. I also remember that if you should happen to know the name of the evil spirit attacking you, it is more scared to return to Satan in defeat as then it has not completed its task it was set out to do. Remember that LORD GOD is ALWAYS in control of ALL things and even the Devil himself had to ask permission to inflict pain! Say the Lord's prayer and mention 'God rebukes you, Devil". The Devil's job is to cast confusion and fear and to steal as many souls before the end nears. He (Satan) was casted out of Heavenly realm and sent to Earth (our realm) and caused a lot of serious issues! He is angry at the LORD for allowing humans to be saved in the name of Jesus while the Devil was rejected. GOD told him no more will Lucifer be allowed back into Heaven as Devil (before he was fallen angel) got arrogant and pompous and thought he himself should be the ruler. Well, GOD always PREVAILS. Read the book of JOB. Also, the garden of Gethsemane is a good read too! Thanks!
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
I have no background or any great knowledge of demons, but from the way it sounds you need to go talk to a priest or father as soon as possible.
That's about the best advice I can give. Sorry 😢
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
The time of semi consciousness between sleeping and waking is called the ethereal state. When we are in the ethereal state, it is easier for spirits to interact with us.

It sounds to me that you have a demon hanging around you, from the way you describe his behavior he is most likely an infernal demon (as opposed to a sex demon). What he is doing to you sounds like the first stages of demonic oppression, which is the beginning stages of demonic possession.

I would not take this lightly if I were you. I suggest you don't even try to deal with this on your own. You should seek help from clergy. If someone at your church will not help you (or does not know how to) I suggest you inquire at a local Catholic church about having one of their exorcist priests help you. Catholics seem better equipped to deal with infernal demons than most other Christian offshoots.

There are of course people who do not believe in demons or demonic possession and attribute what you are experiencing solely to mental illness. Strictly speaking I suppose either could be true, but I personally do believe in demons and think that demons either cause or exacerbate a lot of what we interpret to be mental illness, which if true, would kind of make both ways of thinking correct.

Whichever way one believes (mental illness or demons) there is a controversial story of a possession of a girl named Anneliese Michel (known as Emily Rose in recent movie). She was Christian and she believed herself to be possessed.

Http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/emilyrose.php

Either way, if you are hearing angry voices and feeling strange stretching sensations in your face along with temporary paralysis, you should do something about it sooner than later. This will most likely not get better over time, only worse. You can start by going to clergy you trust.

Also, I would not pay much heed to what the voices tell you. No matter what is happening (demons or mental illness or both) these voices are not a reliable source of information.
shadowalker (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
first I would say it isint intering your mind more like wispering in your ear in a mental sence if that makes sense, and you sed your resently a born agen christan thare for you have takein back your soul, I have also herd that thay can't stand to hear you singing praise or worship songs just keep praying, and I would say it is the demon that has ben with you for a long time just my opinion but I have ben raised in the church sense I was born

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: