You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Haunting Image And Other Scares

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting Image And Other Scares

 

I was 17 at the time and my family and I had just moved to a new house. I hated moving because of the work that was to be done, but I also liked the idea of moving to a new neighborhood and a new school. Days after moving into the new house while my mom and brother were out I was finally alone in the house. Ah... Peace and quiet.

I was in the kitchen standing behind the counter watching TV. The TV's location was at least five feet away from the door that led to the garage area. As I was watching TV I started to look around at my surroundings smiling at the fact that our house was spacious. I spotted the laundry basket that my mom had left for me to put my laundry in. The laundry closet area is located beside the door leading to the garage. I walked over to get the laundry basket and as I was walking towards the garage door I noticed the face of an old woman in the door. It scared me a little because the face had very noticeable features.

The woman's face looked a little dead (kind of like a corps), she had long straight hair, no nose just two hole's like the kind of hole's you see on a skeleton instead of a fleshy nose, and eyes that were wide open. She did not look scared; she looked as if she was trying to figure out why I was looking at her.

Sometimes when I would look at the door the woman's head would be slightly tilted. It's as if she were studying me while I studied her. I told mom about the woman in the door she looked at the door and just said "there is no one there; you are just seeing things," so I needed someone else's opinion about the door. I was not going to ask my brother because he would have just said "no " without even looking.

I had asked a friend of mine (who I will call Beth) to come over and look at the door, she said that she saw the same thing. I was excited, but freaked out at the same time. The woman's face tilted slightly to the side when she saw both of us staring at her, she also looked a bit angry too. Of course I stopped looking at her because that freaked me out when her facial expression changed. So Beth and I went on to do something else that day.

I have never figured out who or what that woman was.

I have had some other strange things happen to me in that house. One night after getting up to go get a glass of water I returned to my room and sat up for a little while, then as I lay down to go to sleep I felt this tremendous amount of pressure on my body almost as if gravity had been intensified. I could not breathe so I prayed to God in my head to make it stop and it did.

I have had way too many similar experiences like that, but instead of being awake I am coming out of a sleep. Skipping ahead to present times a couple of months ago I woke up and found the face of a woman staring into mine. At least I think it was a woman. Her face reminded me of the face in the door except that her face was much more realistic. She had black eyes which were wide open, long hair except it was wavy, her face was kind of old looking but more on the skeletal side even though she still had some flesh on her face, and something the old woman in the door did not have blood, the woman had dried blood all over her face and in her hair. She looked kind of like a corpse. Sorry about the detail I am just trying to describe what I saw.

I don't know why, but I saw her twice so I saw her on two different nights. I had forgotten about her from the first night, but I remembered her after the second night I saw her.

Can anybody explain why these things have happened to me?

All comments are welcomed, I really need an explanation.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by cline1986

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cline1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
No it is not going on any more I moved out of that house and I am now live in Texas. Sorry about the disappointment. I hope nothing else new/scary pops up.
death-dealer807 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
is this still going on and if so how long and what else has been going in the house
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
ZiShu

Wow, I do hope you share the rest of that expierence and I do hope that she was not an succubus.

Later 😲
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
I woke up one day with a face coming to me with what felt like a dream. I had just went to sleep. The face looked very much like what you described. Except her eyes were closed, and mouth seemed stitched shut. She had no blood around. Skin was dead pale, looked like a corpse as well.
Something told me to beware. She opened her eyes and mouth and shriek or screeched at me. Sounds like a harpy or banshee cry. I woke up but was paralyzed in my body...
I will share more of the story if I ever post it up. This is possibly some type of demon, or possibly succubus, but damn she is ugly.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
I really don't understand edwin291 comment on the color of the house? It sounds like your just sensitive to them, now why they wish to show themselves in the form they do, I cannot say...
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
I forgot to menton that these events take place in two different locations. The lady in the door and the dead looking woman were in two separate houses. I wonder if it's her like maybe she followed me? None of these two houses were red on is white and the other one in tan/brown.
edwin291 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
What colour was the house? They say that if the house was red, it is haunted. The woman was probably the ancestor of the previous owners. Do some research on the house and it's property and see what you can come up with.

God Bless😁
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Creepy.

By the way you described the two faces they sound as though they looked slightly simular in a way. I think the women may have been related in some way and were previous owners of the house.
Don't forget to make a few silent prayers.
Did you feel at all threatened by the faces? Have they tried to contact you in any way?

God Bless.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Have you ever considered that this woman may have been murdered and is trying to communicate with you and let you know what happened to her. She may just be trying to ask for help. You said it looked like she had dried blood on her. Do some research on the house and it's property and see what you can come up with.

God bless you and keep you.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Zer0,ihorizon,Hopeful23

Thanks for your comments. I guess she was not harmful, but I believe she was just there to scare me. I don't see her anymore and I will pray to God to help me with some of the strange things that are happening now. I need to get a cross too because I do not have one and there are no crucifixion in my house. Again thank you all for your comments.
Zer0 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
i don't believe in the fact of spirits not leaving Earth. So I ask my dad why they are there, he told me that demons want you to believe something, so they can weaken your fellowship with God. So they take the form of someone that lived in the house. You should get a Bible and a Cross and command the demon to leave in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
babiestastegood

No we did not change anything about the house all we did was move our belonglings into the house. No thank God the woman has not done anything to hurt me. She was just scary.
babiestastegood (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
When you say you woke up and saw the woman's face that was probably caused by something called a waking dream. Did your family do anything to change the house after you moved in? If you did that could have upset any spirits in the house. Has the woman done anything to hurt you or is it more that shes just annoying or scary?
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
I'm not sure why they're happening, but my guess would be she died in the house. She might still consider it to be her house and is confused as to why there are so many people in her house. She doesn't seem harmful, just curious. However, if you wish to get rid of her, bless the house and put up crosses and such around the house. Best of luck!

-Hope
ihorizon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
Pray the LORD's prayer often and rebuke any evil from the house saying Begone I rebuke you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost... Even say some prayers in silence. Thanks!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: