You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granddad's Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Granddad's Ghost?

 

When I was younger, about six or seven, I was asleep in my room one night and I suddenly woke up freezing cold. I put my foot on the radiator (as it was right next to my bed) and it was warm, yet I could see my breath. There was a light blue opaque man sat sitting on my bed but at first, I wasn't worried as this man looked familiar, then suddenly I realized that I had never seen this man before! So I called my parents into my room and plunged my head under the covers.

When my parents arrived the man was gone. Ever since, I haven't experienced anything else but recently I have felt a presence in the room and like I am being watched when I am just on my own with my cat.

The man was wearing an army uniform and had shaven black hair. The next day, I went to my grandma's house and saw a picture of my granddad that died before I was born and he was wearing his army uniform from the second world war.

My sister has also seen a man in her room who was wearing a light blue hood, like the one I had bought recently, who was quite tall. She tried to wake her boyfriend but she couldn't, so she hid under the covers and he disappeared.

I think she was imagining this. Does anyone have any opinions about what me or my sister have experienced? If so please write a comment thank you.

Other hauntings by chunkygut1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chunkygut1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Draculina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Thats kool. My sis had an apparition near her bedside before. It probably was your grandpa.
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
I think your grandfather was trying to comfort you, were you under any stress at the time, or having any problems?
Otherwise he could have missed you and want to contact you.
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
my msn is chunkygut1 [at] hotmail.com if anyones intrested.
id just like to thank all of you again
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-27)
thank you all for your advice and opinions if any of you have msn please could you tell me your adresses thanks
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
Bon Jour, Hello chunkygut1,

Well, it looks like you may have a ghostie or a spirit passing through who likes to play with those who live in your home. As you are a regular here, you can take some of the advice and knowledge given here and put it to work or to the test. Keep us up to date and let us know if what you try helps or if your sleep time has become better or improved.

Sweet dreams, Abby
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
my sister was living with me at the time we where both at my parents house.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
Dear chunkygut1,
Since you have a photo of your granddad that matches the description of the ghost you saw, the evidence should help you prove that most likely it was your granddad paying you a visit. You already "know".

Sometimes, spirits come back and let the younger generation know of their presence, leave and don't show themselves again. Sometimes, once is enough, as in your case, because you still recall the incident.

In regards to your sister, it could have been a ghost or spirit passing through, especially if she lives in a haunted residence. You did not say if it was your home or her home. In any case, there was no harm intended by this incident.

Blessings, Abby
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
yeah, I've felt like that a lot before too. You either get used to it and live with it or you freak out to the point that you can't do things normally anymore and need help from everyone.
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
just so you know I haven't seen anything since this experience.
but I have felt wierd and can't sleep well.
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
well, it might be someone she will meet in the future... Who knows. Ask your sister to go into details of how she felt and everything. Your grandpa might have just been there to try to talk to you since he died before you were born and all. Be careful though, you should wear something to protect you like a crystal that's been smudged just in case it's not your grandpa. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: