You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis And A Little Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And A Little Boy

 

I don't know if I would really call this a ghostly encounter, more along the lines of sleep paralysis, but it was definitely odd, something that hasn't quite happened to me before. I used to have visions often as a teenager, but things have seemed to calm once I reached 18. Every once in a while I will see something strange inside my head, but this time it was different.

This incident happened about 2 months ago. I was lying in bed early one morning, probably about 6am. My husband had just left for work and I was trying to fall back asleep, because my son wasn't awake yet. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, I was comfortable, and I didn't feel like anything was about to happen. When I was a kid and I used to have visions, I would get this strange, jelly-like feeling minutes before. This time there was nothing. I relaxed and started to doze off into sleep again. Out of nowhere I felt this heavy pressure on me, very much like people describe when they suffer sleep-paralysis. But I wasn't laying on my back, which seems to always be the position for sleep-paralysis. I was rolled into a ball on my left side, facing my bedroom door. My eyes were now open, so I knew that I wasn't still asleep. I could see the bathroom light down the hall and everything (my husband leaves it on for me when he goes to work because I'm scared of the dark). The pressure didn't feel like being "held-down" by hands or a body, or anything like that. It was more like being smashed down under a mattress, just a very solid, even weight. I wasn't able to move so I just lay there, staring at the doorway, not making any noise. No more than a couple seconds after it started, the pressure slowly started to let up. As soon as it was almost fully gone, I felt another sensation take over my whole body. It felt almost identical to being electrocuted, except there was no pain. There was all of the tingling and heat of electric shock, but I wasn't hurting.

This too only lasted a couple of seconds, but the force of it made me pinch my eyes shut, and when I did, I was immediately somewhere else. My mind had suddenly snapped to a place I don't recognize at all. It was a grassy, tree-filled area, and I could see brick buildings off in the background. It reminded me of a park. I didn't have much time to focus, because my vision was being quickly zoomed through the area, like I was flying, but my eye level seemed very close to the ground, maybe two feet from the ground. The zooming was instant and it stopped at a little picnic area. There was a tree directly to the left of a red picnic table, and there was no grass around the table or the exposed roots of the tree. In front of the table was a little boy standing very still, looking straight ahead, right at where I should have been. Had I been sitting there, we would have been making eye-contact. The boy was maybe five or six years old, thin, blond, and he had big, semi-crooked front teeth. He was wearing some kind of uniform, either navy or black. I know it was a blazer on top with matching shorts, but I don't really remember what type of uniform it was. He had on knee-socks and loafer-looking shoes.

The vision continued to zoom right at his face and stopped, so I had a clear look at his features. He was pale, but not deadly-pale. Just light skinned and had brown eyes. His hair was parted in the middle and reached his ears. He had an ovular head and strong chin for such a young kid. He blinked once and I got the feeling that he was missing from somewhere, before my eyes snapped back open and I was in my room again. Everything was once again completely normal and I was able to move freely. The entire thing took between 8 and 10 seconds.

I don't know what to make of it. It was such a short thing, I have no idea why this tiny scene appeared to me. I just thought I should share this. I was not asleep and I was not dreaming. I don't have a clue as to who this boy is or whether or not he's a ghost, but I saw him.

Other hauntings by ChildOfTheLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChildOfTheLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angellicaly (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Thats so weard!😕 I don't know what to say?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: