You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Not Human, Not An Animal

Real Ghost Stories

Not Human, Not An Animal

 

I wasn't going to share this experience but after reading bluebelgianbeer's and deathcipris's stories, I've decided to go ahead. Their descriptions of what they saw are SO similar to what I saw, and I'm really interested to know if others have seen this or what other's opinions are.

One night I lay awake in my bed, trying to fall asleep. I had an immensely eerie feeling and I stared into the corners of my room, looking for anything, but not sure what I was looking for. Then I heard a noise from somewhere in the house and I had the overwhelming feeling to stare through my bedroom door into the living room, where I had full view of the living room window. For several minutes I craned my neck, staring through the door, watching. I held my breath and listened. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as the eerie feeling escalated to new heights. Just then my heart jumped into my throat, I gasped, and then covered my mouth with my hand to avoid screaming and letting the creature know I was there.

A dark creature, silhouetted by the light coming through the window, walked slowly into the living room. But what it looked like and how it walked was like nothing I can describe that would give it justice. Let me mention first that its legs were inverted backwards like a chicken's. It hunched its back as it walked and held its skinny arms bent at its sides, its hands (which were actually more claw-like) hung down, its head was distorted and larger than appeared normal. I couldn't see any nose, but I could tell even from my angle that it had a strange grotesque mouth.

I couldn't bear to look at it anymore, I was so terrified, that I quickly pulled the covers over my head and I waited. I listened; unable to hear anything except for my beating heart I felt pure terror. I had no idea what I'd seen. Several minutes later I managed to peek through my covers to the living room again. I didn't see it, but that didn't mean it hadn't moved to somewhere else. I watched for it again but didn't see it. However, I still didn't feel safe. With every bit of courage I had, I ran out of bed, passed the living room, and into my parent's bedroom only feet away. There I stayed until morning, staring at their bedroom door.

I think it's also important to add that I once overheard my parents say that the previous owner had died inside the house. They didn't mention how. It's also important to add that I woke up sometimes in the middle of the night to the feeling of a skeletal hand touching my face, but nothing was ever there. The image of that creature still haunts my thoughts to this day, sixteen years later. I've never forgotten what it looked like or how it moved. Whatever it was, it had been inside the house.

That was just the beginning to my paranormal experiences. Perhaps the few experiences within that house opened up my mind to the supernatural.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seregirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Maahi (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
seregirl,
You said that you heard from your parents that a man died inside the house before you stayed in that house.
So better you ask them how he died. Maybe he had an purpose to come to your house.
TAKE CARE
GOD BLESS YOU

MAAHI
charmcaster (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Based on your description, I think it's a "sigbin". I really thought it can only be found in the Philippines!

It walks backwards, its head is like a goat and a dog, body of a chicken and said to be fast. It prowls in the night, entering houses. They bite children's ankles, and within 24 hrs, the child bitten dies. Humans pet them and place them in jars. Whoever gets to pet one will be so lucky in life (eg. Rich)

So maybe, if its in your house, the jar where it resides is in it too. To get rid of it, destroy it's home (jar) and it'll be gone 4 good!
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Well I'd say what you saw was a demon for sure 100% even.

Well it sounds like everything is okay now, that is good.

Take care,

Walter 😁
bankesio_17 (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
seregirl?

Was the creature you saw is a cat-like creature...?
Cause if it is? It might be a "Sigbin" a Philippines mythological creature that been said to have a pair of reversed hind legs and do walk like a cat but in a reverse manner. And looks like a mummified cat... 😕 😢
seregirl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
Thank You so much for all of your comments! I really appreciate hearing what other people's ideas/opinions are.

Yes, maybe it was some form of demon. I never want to see it again, that's for sure! Luckily I haven't, but the curiosity of what it was has stuck in my mind for so long. I'm really glad to have found this site so I can share my experiences with others who've experienced things like this as well.

ChildOfTheLotus, I don't think it saw me. I tried to stay as quiet as possible, but it could have seen me when I ran out of my room because I had to run passed the living room where it was.
Gvf7225, that must have been really terrifying! GhostHuntSA said that most ghosts have a message or need help, but (like what DarkHorse mentioned) demons are violent and seek to cause harm. Zishu said they like to approach us so that they can feed off of our fears. I agree with them, and also I believe you that what you experienced was a creepy demon. Hopefully it hasn't bothered you anymore!
GhostHuntSA (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
The existence of demons have been greately debated throughout history. For some it is stories made up by our parents and grandparents to scare us into behaving. From your experience and countless others it has been proven that they do exist. Encountering them often do not end good. I must say you are one brave individual to not have screamed. The skeletal hand on your face could be a much closer spirit than you think. Perhaps trying to make contact with you? Ghosts have various ways to communicate with you. Some a bit eerier than others I do admit but they do have a message or need help most of the time. They seem to seek out those that can see, hear or feel them as a way to make their presence felt and their message heard. Thank you so much for sharing this story. This is the reason why I became a ghost hunter. They do exist and they are very real.:-)
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
this must of been a some mid level demon that has enough energy to manifest that form for you, but then again it may depend on the activities on your house
It approaches you to feed on your fear
I am not sure about the touch, like others said, it must of been the ghost of the man, because the demon wants to cause harm, I have never seen the true form of demons, I hope not to as well, I can only see their shadow forms, I have been attacked all the time, even this morning
You must pray to keep it away, God can help you if you seek Him
These demons go away 5 secs after I pray
God Bless
gvf7225 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
yes, the description of that creature sounds close to the one I experienced. But the creature or Demon wrapped itself around me. It was quite terrifying. It has also pulled me off my bed it looks really thin but very strong.
DarkHorse (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
This does sound like a demon... Read the book 23 Minutes in HELL... Its a great book and it describes creatures much like the one you seen... So it sounds a lot like a demon... And I'm sure it was just the spirit of the man that died in your house that touched your face... The demon wouldve tried to cause you some harm... Because unlike most ghosts... They are very violent...
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
That's creepy. I have no idea what it could be, besides some low-level demon creature. Many weaker demons have an odd appearance, almost funny looking if you weren't so scared seeing it. The weird feeling you got before seeing it adds to the idea. They tend to carry a disturbing aura around them. Did it happen to see you?

I can't explain the skeletal hand touching your face at night. It could have been the spirit of the person that lived in the house last.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: