You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Epic Paranormal Experience 2

Real Ghost Stories

An Epic Paranormal Experience 2

 

As I mentioned at the conclusion of my first story, Chuckie and I had decided to keep our encounter to ourselves and not bother our Mother. We didn't think she would believe us, and also she had a lot on her mind with the divorce, two jobs, bills, etc. Also, we thought that maybe it would only happen once. That maybe somehow we wouldn't ever have to deal with that sort of thing again. As I also mentioned we were very wrong.

The second time something happened to me in our small farmhouse was yet another night that my Mother was working. It wasn't late at night like the first time, in fact I was still up watching television, the sun had just gone down and I was thinking about making something to eat and possibly doing homework. However I continued to watch TV, then I heard something coming from the kitchen area. To be honest the paranormal activities hadn't crossed my mind, and I was just assuming it was my brother. That's when everything that was on our kitchen counter flew off on to the floor. My brother came running of course, and I was standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking quite shocked. The amazing part about it was that none of the glasses, plates, or bowls that were thrown on the floor were broken even though I had heard shattering noises.

"You didn't do that?" Chuckie asked, but it came out sounding like a statement more than a question. He knew that I hadn't done anything, just as I knew he hadn't either. We both picked up the dishes that were sitting in the floor now, and in doing so we also noticed that not only were the dishes unbroken but they were set in a perfect straight line across our kitchen floor.

"This is wrong. We have to tell Mom about this stuff," I said. Chuckie just shook his head in disagreement.

"No, but I think we should ask her about who lived here before us. C'mon Liz we can handle this ourselves, we aren't babies, grow up," he concluded then went back to his bedroom. I put the rest of the dishes in the sink, and then went back to the living room. I had turned the TV off before, and when I sat down on the couch and looked at the blank screen I saw the reflection of someone behind the couch I was sitting on. I whipped my head around as fast as I could, but no one was there. It got extremely cold where I was sitting, so cold that I had to move.

"What do you want?" I asked the entity. To be honest I had no idea what I was doing. I had always been interested in ghosts, spirits and other paranormal phenomena but when it's in your house things change. Nothing answered me, and I sat down on the couch again, it had been so cold just moments before and now the temperature was normal.

"I want you out of our house," I demanded. I said it as mean, and as stern as I could. It didn't like that at all. My brother's bedroom door slammed shut, and I could hear him yelling. I ran through the house and held open the door so he could at least attempt to get out. The doorknob shocked the hell out of my hand, we've all been shocked before but this was more than just your average static electricity.

Chuckie's door slammed one more time in our face, and then everything was quiet and peaceful. There was this sense of peace and tranquility that came from no where. We both felt it because we were both looking at each other completely confused. It was over, for now.

It was hard to go to bed that night, thinking of what had happened and what I had seen in the TV's reflection, but that calming sensation followed me through the rest of the night.

The very next morning I got up, and Chuckie was already awake and ready for school. If you've ever had a 16 year old brother, you know this is a rare moment.

"Are you sick or something?" I asked half joking, half serious.

"It's Uncle Mike," he said. I turned around to face him in our kitchen. Our Uncle Mike had died in the Vietnam War, neither one of us ever got to meet him but we feel like he is still part of our lives because our family talks about him so much, he is remembered at every family gathering, and our Grandma always has countless stories of his childhood to tell us.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. I knew that he was referring to the entity but what I had felt last night was mean, it couldn't be him.

"Why do you think all the crazy stuff happens so far apart? Plus, after every experience, or whatever you want to call it, we somehow always feel safe. I think Uncle Mike comes here to like fight it off from us or something," he said.

"What on Earth makes you think that?" I asked, still not convinced. A spirit we actually know? Too far fetched.

"Last night I had a dream about Uncle Mike. Liz, I haven't even thought about him in months! Don't you think it's weird that I had a dream about him right after all that stuff happened?" he explained. It was weird, but I didn't say anything. I just shrugged it off.

It would be about 7 months before anything else happened again though.

Other hauntings by justlyz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justlyz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
I LOVE your stories, seems like everyone else does too 😉

Keep us posted 😊

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YA!

-ghostlover6678 ❤
chicken-nugget22 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Favorited! I l love your storys! Please keep us posted.

Best of Wishes!
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
For me it was the reflection in the blank TV screen. I can handle things being moved, dolls, phantom footsteps in the attic, even doors slamming... But reflections in the TV screen or a mirror that don't 'belong'? Nuh-uh, no way, not today pal! That is probably my biggest fear, way too close for comfort. Excelent narrative justlyz, you've definetly got the gift. 😨 😲 😊
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Great stories and great writing! Can't wait to read your next addition!:)

Jennifer ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
justlyz these stories are great I'm loving them, how you described the glasses and plates being stacked in a row would have been quite freaky sight to see. Cosmogal926 brought up a good suggestion with the whispering in your previous story I think there is a good chance that was your uncle warning you no to go back in to your room. As you mentioned that there was a peacefull feeling in the air after the occurences it does seem that you have a protector with you. I look forward to your next submission.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Hi Liz,

Thanks for sharing your story, looking forward for part 3 😊
Claudia
Sevenwaters (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next installment.
justlyz (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Thanks you guys. I love sharing my story, I'm sorry I keep stopping them so suddenly but there is a lot to share. If I wrote it all out in one story you may very well be reading all day haha. 😁
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
I find myself feeling like I am watching a TV show. It tell's you just enough to keep you interested, and then ends. I like the story though, and thanks for posting it, but... This definetly an epic fail, finish it all please!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Hello again, Wow I go the chills now. I got so creeped out after you said that you were shocked when you touched the door knob. 😨 Sounds like that was one angry entity. Did you ever find out who the previous owner was? I agree with Surya and believe that your Uncle Mike was protecting you and your brother. He might even have been the one that whispered "Don't go in there" when you were going back into your room in the first story. I enjoyed reading part 2, and hope you have more for us. Thanks for posting 😊 ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
justlyz - Thank you for submitting your stories. Unfortunately I did not manage to leave a comment on your first part. Having read this part of your story, I will say that I feel your Uncle Mike was probably the good energy you were feeling when you asked whoever / whatever was in your family home to leave. Has it never occurred to you that maybe he was there as a protector. Your brother dreaming of your Uncle was not a coincidence. Some times our Guardians show themselves through dreams and I believe this is what happened. I maybe wrong.

I await your next submission.

Thank you
Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: