You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Cloaked Being

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Cloaked Being

 

This happened a couple months ago... It was with me, my sister, my friend, and my little cousin. My friend was having a sleep over at my house and we all decided to all sleep in my room. We all went to bed around 1:00 A.M. And my sister took my bed and me, my cousin, and my friend were on the floor. I was the closest to the bed.

I awoke feeling someone step on my feet with boots. My foot hurt badly so I knew I wasn't dreaming when I saw this. I just opened my eyes to see who it was and I was going to yell at them and ask why they were up. And by my drawer right in front of me I saw a small 'person' a little smaller than my drawer was standing there. He wore a black drape over his head that went down to his feet and had a slit down the middle. Where his head and body should have been I saw black.

Dark Cloaked Being

I couldn't see his face but at the time I was thinking, "what is Markey doing?" and, "why is he trying to scare katelin?" I kept looking and wonder how katelin couldn't see him or feel his presence and then I thought if I pretended to be asleep Markey would go back to bed but then when I opened they to see if he was still there he was gone. Then I realized and it shocked me a bit that that wasn't markey my cousin. After that I waited until everyone got up and I told them what had happened.

I need help identifying what that 'ghost' was. If you know anything then please tell me. I'm open to all suggestions. I also have a picture because I may have been to vague in my description

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sterhawk123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Okay, so I went a phsic the other day and I gave her the picture and she said it was a part of my self that's trying to catch up or something like that... 😕
sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
nyarlathotepsama no pain just peace and I felt boots I couldn't see his feet because my friend was in front of him.
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Identifying a spirit is hard because, and I don't claim to be an expert mostly because I'm kind of a skeptic, but there are a few questions that might help.

Did it feel hostile or angry?

Did you feel sadness or emotional pain when you saw it?

Did it speak at all, whisper, make any noise?

It was wearing a cloak and you said boots, did you see or feel what type? It might help explain what time frame the spirit is from.

And has it happened again since? Has anything strange happened since?
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
DeviousAngel, I agree with you by saying that not everything can be considered demonic due to our lack of understanding or negative feeling toward the occurance/appiriton/what-have-you. As mentioned, I don't disagree either... This is the beauty of sharing knowledge, ideas and debating our understanding of 'facts' or theories. JimD, scoffing at DA's suggestion of this apparition being a self reflection of one's self in another time/dimension, may be similar to what you refer to as sci-fi but I will never dismiss that idea as I have a very close theory that suggests a similar reason or possibility for certain apparitions. Please don't let this turn into an argument but please do debate this further as this is a perfect example of fundamental religion Vs scientific theory (not in a bad way) I believe there is no religion higher than truth and the truth is what we are here to seek. God and scientific explaination is the same thing to me and I respect both approaches with the highest degree. Please never close your mind to alternative possibility or we will never truely understand the truth.

Thank you for contemplating my thoughts and I look forward to more harmonious exchanges.

Sterhawk123, thank you for submitting this story once again and giving us the opportunity to expand on our path to understanding. Please report any other stories you have.

Kiwi
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I didn't say everything was demonic. I simply responded to a number of these sad stories, as reported by others. If they are being truthful, it was demonic. A wierd reflection of themselves at another time? That's the SiFi channel. Lol
sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Haines3d the difference with your experience and mine is that I had no fear it was more at peace.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
lol, JimD, your comments are almost copy-and-paste identical from story to story. Not everything is demonic because we don't understand it or are scared of it.

Anyway, I think that you experienced is a shadow person, like others have said here. What they really are in nature, I can't say. They could be spirits of the departed or even some weird reflection of ourselves at another time. Either way, it doesn't sound threatening so I don't think you have anything to worry about. It probably just wanted your attention for some reason.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I can tell you what it was. It appears to be demonic. The beginning of demonic infestation is normally 'migical wisperings', whose source can't be determined once the lights are turned on, or seeing (either small or large) black shadows, often out of the corner of one's eyes. Catholic Holy water & blessed salt help a lot, as does commanding it to leave in Jesus' name. Mass, Holy Communion, confession, and the Rosary also help. Email me at Dukes 2352 at AOL.com, if any future sightings. God bless and good luck.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Look for information on 'shadow people' or shadow person. I had a similar experience some years ago and it is a very comon sighting, although the draped cloak with a long slit, rather than the famous hooded figure is a new one to me. They seem to be more visible between the brief few seconds between waking and entering 'normality' again, once awake.
It's really great that you decided to attach a sketch of what you saw. I wish more people would go into greater detail and attach a drawing such as you have.

Kiwi
Haines3d (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Well,

I can't tell you what is was but I have had a similar experience. Like you, I awoke in the night, randomly though without any pain. My bedroom door was open. Which is wrong to begin with because it is always closed, the door creaked shut and I saw a something was behind my damn door. I instantly felt a lot of fear. I leave my computer running which has a lot of LED fans on it so there is always some light in my room. But behind the door was jet black. A small shape, but blacker than any black I've ever seen. I actually backed up on my bed until I hit the wall truth be told, the shadow lingered for about 3-4 seconds and then just faded away. I have never felt more afraid I can tell you that much. But who knows, could have just been my imagination.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: