You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is It Really My Father?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Really My Father?

 

My experience happened last December 2009 during Christmas break.

I worked in Cebu, Philippines as an agent. Quite far from our home province. You need to ride a plane for 1 hour travel or an overnight trip on a regular sea vessel. I decided to go home to celebrate holidays with my Mom and brothers. It just so happened that my youngest brother is asking for a gift, a musical keyboard. He is 11 years old and since he is taking music class I decided to buy him one. I also didn't inform anyone when I will arrive just to give them a little bit surprise.

That day came. I arrived in our 2nd house. It was quiet and locked. Good thing that I have duplicate keys for our gate and the main door. I entered the house and freshened my self, placed my thing on my bedroom and arrange some "pasalubong" (translation, goodies) or presents on the refrigerator. I also unpacked the keyboard and checked if it is alright and left the living area.

Few minutes from that my youngest brother arrived, I don't know what brings him to our 2nd house, since he is not comfortable in going here alone. He is usually in our 1st house because my Mom is always there, manning our business. Instincts probably tell him that I arrived.

We met and we are very happy to see each other again. He is quite surprised when I pop out from behind the door. It was 7 months when we haven't see each other since my Dad died last May 25, 2009 by cardiac arrest. My brother then said "If Dad were here, he will be very happy to see your presence and you are safe from travel as well". I paused for a while and think that my brother is right and I smiled.

A few seconds he demanded his gift, so I pointed the keyboard placed on top of the table in the living area waiting for him. But before he plays the keyboard, I instructed him to wash first his hands and feet on the bathroom because they were dirty.

My brother headed to the bathroom and leaves the bathroom door open and he talks about his friends and other childish topics. I listened and also entered the dining area to get the some chocolates on the freezer. A few moments from that, we heard that the keyboard sound loud three times. I mean, we heard three notes from the keyboard in living area. My brother stopped washing his feet and I also turned my sight to the keyboard in the living area, because the rooms are just on the same floor. We both stopped on what we are doing and look at each other in awe.

He then ran to me and asked who pressed the keyboard since we both saw each other doing some activities, and we are sure that we closed the door on the living area. He was kind of afraid and of course me too, but as a big brother, I need not to scare him. I just told him that it might be our Dad who is very happy seeing me that I arrived home safely and I bring a gift.

As of the moment, I am still thinking if it is really our Dad's spirit or not. Any advice, inputs and ideas are greatly welcome.

Other hauntings by dickron

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dickron, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-15)
Majarlika012: sometimes religious beliefs can become a blindfold over a person's eyes.
Spirits can come to our plane for many reasons; to say hello, to give advice, or to warn their loved ones of danger. They can be guardians and guides, or just unaware of their passing.

The point is, spirits are not always evil nor come here with the only purpose of hurting and/or misguiding the living.🙄
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2017-11-15)
I'm sorry about your father. But, you know, souls of our late beloved families do not actually come back. Once we die, our soul will depart our body and will go to either heaven or hell. Those spirits that manifest are from fallen angels. They copy the forms of those people familiar to us. They are called familiar spirits. So every time we thought our beloved visited us, no, they are actually fallen angels, evil spirits and the like.
inan0511 (11 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
that was demon living in your 2nd house... Just PRAY to God... Because they will probably harm your family
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I'm sorry to hear about your father and I lost my in some 17- 18 years ago to heart attack at the age of 44 I was only 17 when he died.
Its maybe your father.
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
to miley and darkmintycookie...

Thanks for reading my experience, probably the two of you are right, who knows... Thanks a lot. 😁
miley (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
It could be your dad or some lost spirits. May mga bad spirits nah ginagamit ang mga mahal natin sa buhay para linlangin tayo 😉 mag pray nalng kayo for your dad's soul. God Bless
DarkMintyCookie (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
It's probably your father, because you were talking about him with your brother, right? He maybe just wanted to show you that you were in fact right and he was very happy. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: