You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Holiday Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Holiday Experience

 

It's been a while since anything has happened to me, hence the silence, but there is something I experienced over the December holidays, but because I have been so busy at school (decided to go back & study this year) , I haven't had time to post it, until tonight.

It's nothing scary or exciting just your typical ghost story.

I didn't go home to my gran's in P.E. Like I usually do, instead she, my 14yr old brother, our 29 year old aunt and my 6year old neice came to visit me along with two distant cousins one my brother's age and the other about three years older than my neice. Needless to say the house was packed and all these lazy kids were really trying my patience, so when my boyfriend's mom invited us over for Christmas I jumped at the opportunity to escape. She invited my gran along but because we couldn't leave the two little ones they tagged along while the boys and my aunt stayed behind. We left on a thursday (I think) and arrived in the afternoon in Malelani which is in Mpumalanga.

Before I go on, I have to side track and tell you guys about this place. It's like a piece of the garden of Eden was taken and kept a secret in this remote place in South Africa. Everything was green, all the food we ate grew in the garden, mangoes, litches, apples etc. People are so simple and life is so slow. My neice and I are sicky people but not once did we get sick there.

...ok back to the story

Because My boyfriend and I would be sharing we got a fairly big cottage situated at the back of the house. It was one of those thatch roof cottages so I don't know whether that contributed to the heat but boy was that place bleeding hot. It got so bad that my boyfriend and I went to sleep outside on the porch. When we got there we found his mom going through the same dilemma as us. We conversed for a while but soon were all asleep. I don't know how long I had been asleep when a bell woke me up. It sounded like a cow bell and soon enough the familiar 'moo!' followed. Figuring it was just a cow

I lost interest and tried to fall back asleep, after a few seconds but after a like a minute or so I realised that the bell had been ringing closer, but I could still not see the cow. So I sat up and waited, staring at the gate. T he sound of the bell rang passed the gate, from right to left but I never saaw a cow. I have never believed in animal ghosts even though people have always claimed to having heard them. That cow made a believer out of me.

The next night, same situation with the heat and all, but because there was a lot of lightning, which lights up the whole room and thunder outside which was intensified by the fact that we were on the mountains I was too scared to sleep outside and to my dismay we slept indoors. Now my boyfriend was already on the bed dozing off so I had to switch the lights off and run to the bed. As a switched them off a flash of lightning struck followed by another seconds later so for a few seconds the room was clearly lit and what I saw freaked the black out of me. Before I carry on, the layout of the cottage is like this, the bed in by the corner on your left when you enter the door and too your far right is a sitting area with couches. Opposite the door is the dressing table. So I had to run from the door to the bed.

Now when the room was lit for those few seconds I saw what seemed to be a little child, couldn't tell whether it was a girl or boy, but this thing was crawling behind my boyfriend against the wall. The way little kids do when they force their way onto their parents bed, when there is clearly no space for them. That's the best way I can describe it. It crawled, like the ghosts in 'The Grudge' over to my side and then the room was dark again. I ran back towards the door and switched the light on. There was, as expected, nothing. I woke my boyfriend up and he had not felt a thing, but he is a non-believer so. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night, but funny enough I did not feel it was anything negative. I was scared yes and the feeling of someone else in the cottage with us made me uneasy but that was it.

So I have always encounted spirits in my dreams, so this was by far the coolest experience to happen to me.

Sorry for side tracking a lot and thanks for reading. Nothing happened for the rest of the trip.

Other hauntings by Temilicious

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Temilicious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
That would have been a scary sight to see farout. I wonder what the history of the land and house is? The way you described the area sounds awesome.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
I got chills the creeps and am totally sleeping with the lights on tonight 😨. I would have been clinging to the ceiling if I saw that. This place in South Africa sounds amazing. Not many beautiful green fields here in New York City, we have to drive like 4 hours upstate for that. LOL! Great story and thanks for sharing it with us. Take Care 😊 ❤
Nordic (44 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Eish, it would have scared the living daylight (night light?) out of me too. Apart from that, I have to agree with you, the Lowveld must be one of the most gorgeous places on earth. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: