You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Stop Jumping On My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Stop Jumping On My Bed

 

I will start by asking a question. Are animal spirits common? A few years ago our cat, Scrappy, had her umpteenth litter of kittens. Scrappy had moved them under the bed in my father's room. I was seventeen at the time and was in charge of taking care of my brother while my father worked. At 5:30 in the morning he woke me up, as they always did. As usual, I went to sleep in my dad's room with my baby brother.

A few minutes passed; I feel asleep and had a dream. At least I thought it was a dream. A blonde woman with a blue jacket was standing at the door, I mistook her for my sister (something that actually happens a lot with "things" I see). She was asking me about the kitten. I just nodded, assuming she was talking about the kittens under the bed. She may have asked if she could take one, but I don't really think she did. It's still fuzzy, but I definitely remember her asking how it was. What surprised me a little is she was only asking about one kitten, as if there only was one.

A little later my brother and I woke up. Right away he wanted to see the baby kittens. We moved the bed so we could have access. He said first that one of the Kittens was gone. We looked high and low for that kitten for hours. Got all of the family involved when they came home. Looked in the beds, vents, outside (though there was no way, considering the door and windows were unopened), all the places it could have wedged itself. Eventually, after a few days, we realized we weren't going to find it alive, but that if it had... Died somewhere... We would know soon enough. Never happened, and we still don't know to this day.

Few nights after the Kitty went missing something startled me. I felt something jump up on my bed, like a small animal jumping up to cuddle or play on the bed. I have had many experiences in my life, but never anything jumping on my bed. This rarely happens, but every time it does I just think of that kitten. I wrote this because it happened the other night for the first time in years. A playful jump right beside my head.

Strangest thing is I'm not a cat person. As for the woman, I have no idea what that was about. My sister lived somewhere else at the time and was nowhere near the house.

Other hauntings by EkoKay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EkoKay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SheWolf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I have owned cats for a number of years (well actually all my life) and although rare, a mom cat will sometimes eat a newborn kitten if there was a deformity, disease, or if the kitten was stillborn. It's charming that your kitten came to visit you in the next life:). I can't find any other explanation for your kittens disappearance. If kitty continues to hop on your bed though, you may want to consider a blessing so s/he can move on to kitty heaven. Hope I helped in some way:).
lottiexxx (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
i think the "lady" was a ghost and just wanted some company and for the jumping it may have been the kitten coming back to see you next time there is jumping open you eyes and look and write back please xxx 😉
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
I believe anything that made you happy on earth and was not against the will of God can be with you in heaven. I'm sure that for many that will include a pet or two or twenty. As far as their actual spirits, I don't remember anything specific in the word about that. I'm sure that many people with wishful thinking will come up with all kinds of theories but the truth is I doubt that anyone really knows or can prove it if they did. I've heard and read truthfull enough stories of what seems to be pets vistiting their owners after death, and pet haunts. If they loved us and wanted to visit us again it seems plausible. ON your kitty having her upteenth litter, maybe you should teach her to keep her legs closed more often.
Ghost_Girl (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
Wow I don't tell many people this but I'm a medium. And I know about this kind of stuff. I'm working on making what I have stronger because I just descovered what I am. So this lady was an angel. Not just a ghost.
pianoqueen (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
One of my friends lives in a house where we have investigated and are positive it is occupied by many ghosts. So I know a lot about this kind of stuff and I probably could understand what happened to the kitten and what the lady had to do with it. First of all, this "strange lady" was definitely a ghost. And she probably was asking you if she may have one kitten. I don't think this was an angel asking if she could take the kitten to heaven with her, but she may have been. I think that she wanted the kitten to keep for herself and that your kitten is being taken care of right now and this "ghost lady" is very kind to the kitten. No need to worry. 😊
Ghost_Girl (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Ok I'm pretty sure that the lady you seen at the door was an angel coming to take the kitten to heaven. Considering you couldn't find the kitty. Ghosts have been known to move things or take things because it just depends on what kind of ghost it is. So take into consideration that this was a good ghost and she didn't mean any harm. As for the kitty the ghost took her. As for the jumping on the bed the kitty is just playful. But if your uncomfortable with the jumping sprinkle holy water around the bed.
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Maybe the kitten had died during the night & this lady was an angel coming to take the kitten to heaven? I don't know any other explanation for it disappearing!
ashleylesley (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
😭 😭 😭 That is sooo sad... I think that lady you saw was asking if it was alright for her to take the kitten to heaven, at least that is what I would like to think about things like that.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Hi;

May be nothing; may be a demon. The "woman" may also have been a demon. Just in case, I would sprinkle a lot of Catholic Holy water around your bed, especially at night. Remember the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel; in case you need them, which you may. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
EkoKay (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Nah, I never thought animals would have human spirit bodies, not what I meant. Other than the "sister" lady asking me about the kitten, I have know idea what she has to do with it.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
I am just going to come out with what we are all thinking...

Animals have human spirit bodies?

Or maybe the spirit liked it, and wanted you to find it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: